Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default What Is Your Pet's Name? & Why

Our dog's name is Chauncey (after Chauncey Billips of the Pistons) but, we only call her that when she does something wrong or something to surprise us (which is rare) LOL. I wanted a dog, my husband didn't. So because my kids knew I wanted a dog and had wanted one for a long time, they went to the local animal shelter to adopt one for me as a surprise. However, they would not allow them to adopt for me, so the kids called me and I went out there. They had already picked out the one they were gonna get me and heck it was a dog so I was estatic. We get home and my husband says, "no way in hell you are keeping that dog!~" I said, "Oh yes I am!~"
I had no idea what to name her but the basketball playoffs were on :) and I liked the name Chauncey and his 3 point shots. My husband said, "Her name should be Chance because this is her last chance in life." So we call her Chance. But our nickname for her is Puppy. We both call her Puppy alot. Oh and by the way.........my husband and her are inseperateable
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Re: What Is Your Pet's Name? & Why

I want a turtle named fast Willie!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Weimeraner named "Rooney".
Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Iguana named Louie - See Budwiser Lizards
Cat named Rosa Parks - Cause I got to name her and I was like 7 and that was what were learning about in school
Cat named Johnathan - Looks just like the cat on Johnny Cat litter
Cat named Captain Morgan- When it came to us it had an injured foot so it sat with one foot in the air in the "Captain" pose
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Golden Retriever, named Blaze because when first got him his colour was a little on the reddish side.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Sheltie named Comet. Named after that dog on Full House becuase I loved that show when I was around 8-9.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Two Golden Retrievers one named Shadow because he followed me around. The other named Chance since everyone thought I named the other one after the movie Homeward Bound. Two of my cats are named Spencer & Tracy after the actor Spencer Tracy. The other one is named Mason after a character on Dead Like Me.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

I have a cat named Tucker-I was originally trying to think of the name of a great speaker, because he is a vocal cat, but the name Tucker just popped into my head. So he's named after the guy who built those cool old cars.
There is also Mini, she is an orphan shop cat that was brought to me after the maintenance guy found her in the attic over the office. She was smaller than a beanie baby, & looked so much like Tucker-a Mini version of him.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Right now:

Sable: My cat I got her from PAWS which was like the Humane shelter only they never put their animals to sleep. I liked the name "Sable" they had given her because to me it was after the car, "Mercury Sable." She is all black with big green eyes. It was later I realized she was named Sable because when she laid in the sun her fur actually looked like a rusty red color. I call her "Baby" and "Sablebaby" and she is smart and follows me when I go up to my room or comes when I call her name or whistle.

Tauri: When I got a cat my sister wanted one too. We found a cat at PAWS again and since I my cat was Sable I wanted the next one to be named "Taurus," for obvious reasons. My sis didn't like that so it became "Tauri" pronounced "Tar - ee." She's the opposite of Sable in that she is more the lap cat type. She is all white and has one blue eye and one gold eye. She doesn't meow but purrs like a Mack truck.

Daria: Tauri got lost for a week after my dad left the door open while bringin in groceries. To console my sister my mom got a small Ragdoll-Himalayan mix kitten. I told my sis the name "Daria" after the cartoon on MTV about a girl that was cynical and didn't seem to care so I said that name and surprisingly my sis liked it so that became her name. She is very cute and still looks like a kitten after 2 years but is really, really dumb. Every now and then when I'm in my room I'll hear a crash and someone yell "DARIA!!" and know that she has climbed onto somethin again and knocked it over in some way. Lol good times. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #10
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

My dog name is buddy becuze thats what i named him

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote