Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread

Pretty bad loss from our Pirates tonight. Baserunning mistakes and awful at bats were the story tonight. Neil Walker, Garrett Jones, and Matt Diaz all successfully contribute to giving this team a well deserved loss tonight. Maholm pitched wonderfully, but got no support.

Unfortunate loss for the Bucs tonight, but we're still over .500!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Pirates take on the Jays in the series finale tonight, let's get a win and take the series! We're still over .500 right now, but if we lose tonight we won't be! I wanna keep posting on this thread!!!!!!! CMON BATTLIN BUCS!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
mcg24
Bench Warmer

How bout it baby? THEM BATTLIN BUCS DO IT AGAIN! Winning their first road interleague series since 2003!!!!! Wow that's incredible.

Boy I thought the lineup looked very weak tonight. Diaz hitting 4thth, Overbay hitting 5th, Cedeno hitting 6th, and Wood in the DH role. Looks like the BATTLIN BUCS came through for us though! Everyone chipped in tonight. Presley hit a nice sac fly early, Wood dialed long distance, Cedeno had an RBI double, Diaz shot an RBI single to opposite field, the team looked great tonight. And while all that was going on, Karstens pitched another gem.

I love this team. This is the year we beat the streak, the time is NOW!

BEAT EM BUCS!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #14
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Bucs lost a tough one in Washington tonight. Washington is a pretty good team, so I'm not worrying too much. I have a feeling that we are going to struggle there, if we are able to come out with a series split to stay at two games over .500 I will be quite happy.

Tim Wood needs to be off the Pirates. I know the offense was weak tonight, but man this guy totally blows. The only reason why he is up here is because of the injuries to Evan Meek and Joe Beimel, but man....there has to be some guy down there at AAA that can do better than this loser. With that being said, this offense makes me nervous. We have not put up a lot of run support at all over the past couple of weeks, and it's pretty obvious why. We have so many players on the DL that half our lineup is just fill in guys, and they aren't going to get the job done. We need some of those players off the DL and we probably need to make a bit of a move at the deadline to add to this lineup.

If we can do those things I have faith in this Pirates team that we might actually be in this race for quite a while. And hey, if all else fails, at least we're still over .500!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Our Buccos take on Washington again tonight! If we win this one, we're back to two games over. If we lose then we are at .500 and I can't post on this thread until they get back over! Come on Bucs!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Our BATTLIN BUCS took one from the Washington Nationals this afternoon. They are trying to take game 2 of the double header as I type this!! The game is 2-1 BUCCOS in the top of the third. CMON BATTLIN BUCS, LET'S MAKE IT TO THREE GAMES OVER .500!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #17
mcg24
Bench Warmer

The Pirates embarrass the city of Pittsburgh with a pathetic loss against the Nationals tonight. I would be a better defensive catcher than Eric Fryer, and Tony Watson helps to blow what looked like a win for Pittsburgh. If they lose tomorrow they drop back to .500 even. That's not gonna cut it Pirates, you have to do better than that.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
mcg24
Bench Warmer

The Pirates looked pissed off today as they took out last night's frustrations on Jason Marquis! That's what I like to see from our Buccos. The Pirates crawl back to two games over .500, and if the Twins are able to hold on to their 2 run lead over the Brewers we will be just 1 1/2 games back in the division! BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!!!

Last edited by mcg24; 07-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
mcg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #19
mcg24
Bench Warmer

HOW ABOUT IT? THEM BATTLIN BUCS CRAWL TO 3 GAMES OVER THE .500 MARK AND JUST A GAME OUT OF FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was looking like the Pirates wanted to throw this one away when the Pirates made three errors in the top of the third inning to hand the Astros a 3-1 lead, but the Pirates came roaring back. Presley was the offensive catalyst in this one, getting on base 4 times including an RBI triple!

Nice to see the offense finally let Paul have a win. We need to keep beating up on the Astros. The Brewers are at home against the Dbacks today, and the Reds and Cards get to beat up on each other in a 3 game set. This is a huge point in the Pirates season, it's time to separate the men from the boys, and WE ARE MEN! C'MON BATTLIN BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
mcg24
Bench Warmer

The Pirates take on the Houston Astros tonight in an attempt to get 4 games over .500! CMON BUCS!