Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #41
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread

The Pirates win in walk off fashion with a sac fly from Chase d'Arnaud in the 10th. I still don't think Chase d'Arnaud should be on this team. Who knows, if Alvarez was on this team maybe we don't even need to walk off today, or maybe Alvarez hits a walk off home run rather than a walk off sac fly. But I digress...

Morton gives an ok performance, but the bullpen really shined today. Grilli is looking like a very nice pickup so far. The Bucs NEED to add offense. COME ON NEAL, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

The Buccos are on national television tomorrow at 7 PM EST against the Braves. I'm very nervous that we are trotting this offense out there on national television. Hopefully they can come up big. COME ON BUCS!

Last edited by mcg24; 07-25-2011 at 03:56 PM.
mcg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #42
mcg24
Bench Warmer

ALVAREZ IS BACK BABY!!!! Recalled from AAA Indy today, Pedro Alvarez will be batting fifth tonight for the BATTLIN BUCS!!!! BRING IT PEDRO!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 AM   #43
mcg24
Bench Warmer

BUCS BABY, BUCS!!!!!

Huge win in front of a national audience today as the Bucs win game one of the four game set in Atlanta. We weren't ready to go right away, a two hour ran delay had me sitting nervously wondering if this one was gonna get called off....but nope, we played, AND WE DELIVERED!!!!

The Buccos just play Bucco baseball, they squeeze out a few small ball runs and just shut down the opponent the rest of the way. J MAC fanned NINE Braves through 5 1/3 innings. Yeah, he REALLY needs to find a way to go deeper into ball games, but he was still very good. From there on out, the bullpen was lights out except for a harmless solo shot that D Cutch gave up to Chipper Jones. Pedro Alvarez went 1/3 with a walk on his return back. He didn't look bad. Although the Braves only hit ONE ground ball the entire game, and it was to Alvarez, who booted it. Oh well, he'll come around.

We are getting sooooooo close to the trade deadline I can feel it. By Sunday at midnight we will know what kind of help our Buccos are going to get as we come down the final stretch of the season. There are new rumors floating out there every day. COME ON NEAL, JUST GET SOMEONE. OUR BUCCOS ARE DOING THEIR PART AND BATTLIN HARD, GET THEM SOME HELP. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #44
mcg24
Bench Warmer

There are no words to describe one of the worst calls in MLB history. People are comparing this call to Jim Joyce last year. How can you compare the two?Joyce's call had nothing to do with the game, and he felt absolutely horrible about it. Meals looked like he couldn't give two shits, he was ready to get off that field.

The Pirates battled more than they have ever battled before. An unbelievable performance from Grilli, McCutchen, and Watson. They and the rest of the bullpen pitched until they could pitch no more. Kevin Correia started to head toward the Pirates bullpen near the end of the game.

Not close. What an absolute shame that the umpires didn't let the players end the game. What a shame.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #45
mcg24
Bench Warmer

I've been away from this thread for a while! Maybe it's because I was so frustrated with the Braves series, and that frustration carried into the Phillies series. Well, we got swept, and in our last seven games we are 2-5. Things could be better in the Steel City.

But help is on the way....

Derrek Lee was acquired yesterday from the Baltimore Orioles for next to nothing.

Ryan Ludwick was acquired today just minutes before the deadline from the San Diego Padres...again, for next to nothing.

Are these guys big time hitters? No. But they're upgrades. I'll take anything that Neal gives me at this point, and this is what he has given me. Lee sures up the first base position, Overbay just hasn't been cutting it.

Ludwick hasn't really been all that great this year, but then again, he has been hitting in Petco....Petco is the most difficult ballpark to hit in in the MLB. PNC is tough too, yes, but I do expect to see some improvement from him. And even if he doesn't improve, I still believe he is better than Matt Diaz, and he's certainly better than Garrett Jones.

All in all, the Pirates are really scuffling right now, but we have a chance to get things together. We've dropped 4.5 games back, but we also played two really tough opponents while the Brewers and the Cards BOTH got to play the Stros (without Pence, Bourn, & Keppinger), and the Cubs. We can get right back in this, C'MON BATTLIN BUCCOS!