Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default Reggie Bush...no thanks.

I just heard Adam Scheffter talking about the Saints and their selection of Mark Ingram. He said that Bush might be on his way out of New Orleans and that Pittsburgh could be one of his destinations....really...I don't think so.

This is the guy making over 8 million a year and refused to re-work his deal to make less EVEN THOUGH he sucks and the super freaking athlete only average 418 yards and 3 touchdowns per year.

I don't think the Burgh should or would touch Bush. We have Rashard Mendenhall and Issac Redman has done well in the pony formation. Hell, there are some good backs the Steelers could grab in the fifth or sixth rounds like Dion Lewis, Evan Royster, Noel Devine.

What do you all think? Why the hell should we even want this overpaid CLOWN?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370
Default Re: Reggie Bush...no thanks.

i say no! if we really think we need another rb pick one in rd 6 or 7
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

How about NO on Bush, Dion Lewis, Evan Royster and Noel Devine!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,054 Times in 502 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

If he comes at the right price, why not? He would NOT be contesting Mendy, and while he may not have lived up to the hype he had in the draft he is the best pass-catching back in the NFL and would be a phenomenal third down back who could add a whole new dimension to our offense. He's a great return man too.

People say "he sucks" and "he's a bust" and while he can't handle a huge workload he's still a great football player and would be great in Mewelde's current role.

I think he's also a decent guy, not an ego-maniac, and I wouldn't worry about the USC allegations, I think its BS how far they took the case against him.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
If he comes at the right price, why not? He would NOT be contesting Mendy, and while he may not have lived up to the hype he had in the draft he is the best pass-catching back in the NFL and would be a phenomenal third down back who could add a whole new dimension to our offense. He's a great return man too.

People say "he sucks" and "he's a bust" and while he can't handle a huge workload he's still a great football player and would be great in Mewelde's current role.

I think he's also a decent guy, not an ego-maniac, and I wouldn't worry about the USC allegations, I think its BS how far they took the case against him.
that all is true but why not just pick someone up late that wont take as much money away from us resigning and signing Ike and Aso
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,649 Times in 2,537 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about the USC allegations, I think its BS how far they took the case against him.
Maybe, but the Rooneys don't like that kind of stuff.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
If he comes at the right price, why not?
He won't. That's the whole point.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

I honestly wouldn't mind having him on the team even if he's only going to be a 3rd down back for passing situations

that being said, there's no way I would ever expect the Steelers to pay more than league average salary for the guy

Bush also already has a Superbowl ring so I doubt he'd take a pay cut to just to get on a team with a better chance of winning more championships, at this point I fully expect him to go for as much money as he can and there's always some team dumb enough to sign such players - and its never the Steelers.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:

This is exactly what I was thnking, that he'd be a great 3rd down back and add that dimension that our offense hasn't had in awhile. I like Redman but I believe he's more of a relief back for Mendenhall.

And then let Bush come in for STs and for that special out of the backfield situations regardless of down.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I would love to have Reggie. He would be an almost perfect third down back in the same mold as Mewelde, but only a lot better in the open field. He just wants to get paid like an everydown back, and he's just not worth that kind of money. Arians wouldn't find the same creative ways to use him that Payton could, so signing Bush would be a total waste of money.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote