Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Member Number: 2357
Default Anyone watch LOST?

Who watches lost??
Old 05-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Re: Anyone watch LOST?

never heard of it
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I watch Lost every week.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I watch Lost every week.
This week looks to be fn amazing
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Yes it does. I'm very interested to see what happens. Who is your favorite character?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Probly jack then Sawyer. I like Sawyer's smart little comments he makes. How about u?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Definitely Jack.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
never heard of it
Do u own a Tv?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Yes I do have a few of those. Just don't typically watch too much tv unless it is something i am interested in.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theanswer385
Who watches lost??
You know darn good and well that I do...(lol). I'm addicted to it. I knew you were a Jack fan from your avatar. Jack is cool, but a bit too uptight for me. I, of course, love Sawyer because not only is he hot, but he also has the best one-liners on the show. "There's a new sheriff in town!"

I'll be registering on the site you gave me as soon as I can think of a good username, but you can be assured it will be Sawyer-like...(lol).

Here's a lil breakdown of something from Newsweek that I found elsewhere...

Island Fever
By Marc Peyser
Newsweek

This season, 'Lost' had its share of setbacks and frayed nerves, but it's still the coolest show on TV. NEWSWEEK hits the beach for the wild finale.

May 22, 2006 issue - To get to the set, you have to drive 45 minutes north of Honolulu, and you have to know where you're going. There's no sign?they don't call it "Lost" for nothing?just a red flare stuck in a dirt road past some pineapple and coffee fields, along with a note: BASE CAMP. It's 7:30 on a drizzly May morning, and the cast is rehearsing a funeral on the beach. There are five graves. The two most recent are open, and contain corpses of Ana Lucia and Libby, wrapped in gray flannel. As usual on any TV show, a two-minute scene takes forever to film. The rain doesn't help. In between takes, Josh Holloway (who plays Sawyer) does push-ups on a grave.

Evangeline Lilly (Kate) goes "10-1"?set talk for a bathroom break?then reads a Christian self-help book. Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) and Jorge Garcia (Hurley) trade stories about their most embarrassing childhood moments?Monaghan's concerns a dirty diaper at the zoo. When the rain stops around 9 a.m., the actors are in such a hurry to finish, they just throw their umbrellas onto Ana Lucia's corpse. No one seems to notice the rainbow glowing just over the ocean. Or the fact that, thanks to an earthquake in the South Pacific, the area is under a tsunami watch.

Then again, dodging big waves is nothing new for "Lost." Since its debut last season, the ABC drama has established itself as the most creative and daring show on network television. In an era of procedural dramas?the McMystery franchises "CSI" and "Law & Order" and their many clones?that are built to rake in cash through syndication, "Lost" dares to tell an intricate, sprawling story that mashes up religion, sci-fi and existentialism with more than a dozen flesh-and-blood characters. The show won an Emmy in its maiden season and has spawned the kind of rabid fandom not seen since the heyday of "The X-Files." But success has come with some risks?the tsunami lurking behind the rainbow.

Viewership is down 20 percent in the second half of this season?when are people going to realize how boring "American Idol" is this year??despite a raft of tie-ins, including an online clue hunt, a novel "written" by a crash victim and free streaming video. The cast is battling its own strain of island fever, brought on by the paparazzi, the isolation and the pressure of living up to expectations?not to mention the occasional run-in with the cops. To a person, the actors all say they love living in Hawaii and acting in the coolest show on TV. But during NEWSWEEK's exclusive visit to the set during the filming of the finale, you could sense the other side of paradise. "It's been a taxing season, to be honest," says Monaghan. "We're not the new, big hit show now. We're not shocking people like we used to. The natural transition is to not be as big as we used to be. It's tough, man."

"Lost" started simply enough as a show about a plane crash and its survivors?it was actually conceived as a dramatized version of "Survivor." But this year it virtually reinvented itself. The castaways discovered more survivors who crashed on a different part of the island, a nasty band of bushmen called "the others" and an underground bunker with a computer that inexplicably requires six numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) to be input every 108 minutes. "Lost" is chock-full of eerie, seemingly unexplained phenomena, and the finale will clear some of them up. "You'll be able to do a lot of speculating and theorizing about what exactly is going on," says executive producer Carlton Cuse. But it wouldn't be "Lost" if the show didn't stir up as many mysteries as it solves. The producers are so nervous about guarding their new secrets, they've given the very last scene a code name?"challah," as in the Jewish bread that's full of twists. They haven't even told the cast what's going to happen.

So, do you wanna know what we know about the finale? Skip this paragraph if you don't?though it's not as if we could solve the whole "Lost" riddle. But here are some tidbits. "We are going to tell you why the plane crashed," says Cuse. "We're going to explain what happens if you don't push the button. And we're going to resolve the Michael-and-Walt story." (Michael's son, Walt, was kidnapped by "the others" in last year's season finale and has been missing ever since.) Desmond, the enigmatic guy originally discovered in the hatch, also reappears, and he's not in good shape, though he gives the survivors fresh hope for escape. Just as last year's finale expanded our scope of the island's boundaries, this year's will expand its relevance. "There is something else that is reverberating on our planet that is directly linked to this island," says Monaghan. "You begin to understand that what is happening there has a significant butterfly effect in the rest of the world." One more thing: we think another character is going to die, or come close. It's just a hypothesis, based on the fact that when we asked Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) to guess which character would die after Libby, she said: "I can't do that, 'cause I know." Then she clammed up.

Continued...
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote