Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Some are obvious. Others? Might be a little of a surprise.

#1. Ray Lewis. Totally predictable. Personally, I don't hate him.
I kind of like him. I respect him. And, since we mostly get over on
him, it makes it all the better. I love how he preaches how they
won't lose to us. Can't lose to us. How they can't forget how hard
they worked to beat us....only to keep losing to us. It makes beating
them all the sweeter, seeing his pre-game speeches and dances. etc.
But I can understand how he made #1 on this list.

#2. Tom Brady. Kind of don't hate him, myself, but it does suck that
he mostly kicks our ass. What? We beat him once so far? He knows
how to beat our D. And Belichick knows how to scheme to shut down
our O. Tough to beat.

And here is where the surprise is.

#3. Kordell Stewart. That's right, our own player makes for the 3rd most-
hated NFL player in Pgh. I am certainly on board with this one. Kordell
was a plague to this team. And Cowher's and Rooneys' denial to how
bad he sucked ruined more than 1 season for this team to have a chance
at a ring. If we had a decent QB, those teams were good enough to compete
for a ring. But with a mentally challenged buffoon under center, we had no
hope. He had one good season, some how. But other than that he was
God awful. He ruined many seasons for me.

#4. Neil O'Donnell. I get this one. The fact he played so bad in the Super
Bowl that it looked like the threw the game says it all. And the fact that
he had two picks so bad that they looked on purpose is unforgivable,
whether he did it on purpose or not. Either is inexcusable. And he never
made it back to the locker room ever again after that game. He is a
coward. And he proved how much the team made him vs. him making
the team, considering his career after Pgh.

#5. Ken Stabler. How can this be? Way too long ago to matter. And he
wasn't a despicable person. So he beat us a few games. And? For
that he makes the most-hated list? I think it's a shame he hasn't made
the Hall of Fame. He was a good QB on a very good team.

Interesting list though.







I am a fan of the last person in the last picture.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

This is simply stupid! No way Kordell should be on there OR Neil!!! I understand why people are upset with #14 since he ran to the Jets for the money but Stewart was put in the situation by Cower.... Still think he would have been an amazing triple threat WR!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post


.
AMAZING
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
This is simply stupid! No way Kordell should be on there OR Neil!!! I understand why people are upset with #14 since he ran to the Jets for the money but Stewart was put in the situation by Cower.... Still think he would have been an amazing triple threat WR!
I hear this all the time. But it was at _least_ as much the fault of Kordell.
He _wanted_ to be QB, period. Cowher promised him he would get
his shot. I have heard KS say that "getting hit hurts" and he was happy
to not play as slash any more. If they laid it out - on the line - to KS early
that they wanted him to be slash, and after his contract was up he could
see if other teams would give him a shot at QB, it could have been
avoided. Maybe. KS was not the brightest knife in the drawer and he
always over-estimated his quality of play and value as QB.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #5
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
#4. Neil O'Donnell. I get this one. The fact he played so bad in the Super
Bowl that it looked like the threw the game says it all. And the fact that
he had two picks so bad that they looked on purpose is unforgivable,
whether he did it on purpose or not. Either is inexcusable. And he never
made it back to the locker room ever again after that game. He is a
coward. And he proved how much the team made him vs. him making
the team, considering his career after Pgh.
I never understood all the Neil O'Donnell hate. He had some great seasons with the Steelers and led us to a Super Bowl. The first interception in SB XXX was his fault, but on the second one, Andre Hastings ran the wrong route. But yet O'Donnell received all the blame. O'Donnell became the Bill Buckner of the Steelers, even though it wasn't entirely his fault.

He's not the only reason we lost SB XXX, and he was the best quarterback we had between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I never understood all the Neil O'Donnell hate. He had some great seasons with the Steelers and led us to a Super Bowl. The first interception in SB XXX was his fault, but on the second one, Andre Hastings ran the wrong route. But yet O'Donnell received all the blame. O'Donnell became the Bill Buckner of the Steelers, even though it wasn't entirely his fault.

He's not the only reason we lost SB XXX, and he was the best quarterback we had between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.



__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post

He's not the only reason we lost SB XXX, and he was the best quarterback we had between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
He's not? Who is the close second? Wasn't if the first time that
the team with more rushing, passing yards and sacks lost the game?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
He's not? Who is the close second? Wasn't if the first time that
the team with more rushing, passing yards and sacks lost the game?
Wait, O'Donnell throws the ball to where Hastings was supposed to be on a timing pattern. Hastings ran the wrong route and wasn't where he was supposed to be. How exactly is that O'Donnell's fault?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
hicksfan
Bench Warmer
 
hicksfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 156
Member Number: 745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

no turkey jones?
__________________
think for yourself
question authority
hicksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steeler fans most-hated NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Wait, O'Donnell throws the ball to where Hastings was supposed to be on a timing pattern. Hastings ran the wrong route and wasn't where he was supposed to be. How exactly is that O'Donnell's fault?
I don't know but I never thought that situation was clearly, fully explained.
Did Hastings agree he ran the wrong route? I know it certainly was
suggested. But wasn't their room for a judgment call in there, where
it could be a matter of opinion on what the right route should have been?
Also, there were _two_ passes that looked like NOD purposely threw
the ball to the wrong team, not one. Both were horrific. Let's say one
was a wrong route by the receiver - how about the other one? If NOD
was so good, why didn't he do jack shit after he left Pgh? He sucked
as a Jet and was merely a back up in TN; he never did jack after he
left Pgh.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts