Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default Ben May Need Surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Now, I for one am not scared if he does need surgery and has to miss some time. After his suspension was announced I proudly said the Steelers would start the season 3-1 and wouldn't have been shock if they went 4-0. So, if he needs it get it done because whether we are playing 1st or 4th string we are still the Steelers and we win...PERIOD.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Steelers17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15580
Default Re: Ben May Need Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Now, I for one am not scared if he does need surgery and has to miss some time. After his suspension was announced I proudly said the Steelers would start the season 3-1 and wouldn't have been shock if they went 4-0. So, if he needs it get it done because whether we are playing 1st or 4th string we are still the Steelers and we win...PERIOD.
SOS!
Steelers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,739 Posts

More injury drama from #7 - hopefully his "broken toes" are fully healed
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

So if you had actually read the article you would see what it really said.

Ben said that it was almost fully healed and that basically if they did surgery it would be a last resort. IF he has surgery, it won't be until AFTER next season. We have gotten to the point were Ben can't even mention an injury and you call him a drama queen.

Maybe try READING the article.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss View Post

Ben said that it was almost fully healed and that basically if they did surgery it would be a last resort. IF he has surgery, it won't be until AFTER next season. We have gotten to the point were Ben can't even mention an injury and you call him a drama queen.

Well, why don't you learn to read the title....it says Ben MAY need surgery. No one said he was all that was said was that he brought up that surgery MAY be an option.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
siss
Team Captain

But than he gets called a drama queen. I know what it says because I read the article. This is not a big deal.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:

Having trouble with your CAPS LOCK key?

I READ the whole article - that is why i busted on Roethlisberger for adding the possibility of surgery at some future date even though the decision was made to let the foot heal, which apparently is what has occurred

#7 is a great QB but he has a history of possibly exaggerating injuries, starting with the "broken toes" after the AFC championship loss to the Patriots and continuing through his alleged "broken ribs" in Super Bowl XLIII. as noted in this 2009 article:

Roethlisberger has previously exaggerated or misstated injuries he supposedly suffered during his five-season career.

The day after the January 2005 AFC Championship Game, Roethlisberger said he broke two toes during the 41-27 loss to New England. Coach Bill Cowher emphatically denied that, saying the quarterback merely aggravated a toe injury from college. Roethlisberger never brought up the issue again.

Roethlisberger also said during training camp in 2006 that he played the Steelers' Super Bowl-winning season of 2005 with a broken thumb. Roethlisberger missed no playing time after supposedly being hurt on Nov. 28, 2005, in Indianapolis, and the team never revealed any such injury.

After Cowher resigned following the 2006 season, Roethlisberger acknowledged he and the coach didn't always get along -- in part, apparently, because Cowher felt the quarterback exaggerated the extent of injuries.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263

A lot of us busted on Brady for revealing how he had bravely been playing through a foot injury since mid-November but not saying anything about it until he was looking for an excuse after he lost to the Jets in the playoffs

If Ben's recovery is proceeding on schedule he had to know throwing out the possibility of surgery at some future date would create a non-story - maybe in the future he can just limit his comments on his injuries to everything is proceeding well
Old 06-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
siss
Team Captain

Everyone said Ben was making up the broken toe thing after losing the AFC Championship to New England his rookie year. The injury was supposedly was in that area. Maybe he injured it then too. They said he has had issues more than once with it.

Oh I get it, he is never ever allowed to ever say anything ever about an injury ever.

And if it ever gets revealed that he had some major injury and kept it from the public, people would say he was hiding injuries and hurting his team and he is a selfish game manager.

People find reasons to complain about him.

~SI aticle 2006~
Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #9
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

The news is that it's no news. The news is "maybe I would need surgery
but I don't think I do." OK. I am here to announce that I could have needed
surgery but it looks like I don't need any. The title of this thread is disingenuous,
maybe by mistake.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
People find reasons to complain about him.

And when they run out of ammo Ben usually can be counted on to give them something with which to reload

Compared to the events of the 2006, 2009, and 2010 off-sasons I agree by his usual standards this is a non-story for #7- but contrast how Ben has discussed rehabbing from his injuries with how Troy has responded to recovering from his achilles problems if you are looking for alternative means of responding to media inquiries