Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #51
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Steelers' Harrison to Magazine: Goodell a 'Devil'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysthymic View Post
IMO the real issue is that the Rooney's spent decades growing the Steeler brand as a solid organization owned by a classy, solid family and then, you have allegedged sexual assaults, DUI's, and idiotic, classless comments to tarnish the organization. Makes the owners and coaching staff look real bad.
If the Rooneys truly wish to maintain the Steelers' solid image, they need to put consequences on such foolish actions. I'll never understand why crap like this blows over, but a little weed gets Holmes traded.

Ben faced 2 rape allegations and wrecked his motorcycle without wearing a helmet, which should have violated his contract, but he stays on the team.

Harrision beat up his g/f, which was enough to kick Wilson to the curb, but he stayed on the team. Now Harrison calls his teammates out and calls Goodell a 'crook' and a 'devil'. For the Steelers to do nothing, it would make them total frauds.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #52
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I disagree that the Ravens choked against the Steelers last year in the playoffs. They were tired in the 2nd half after the KC game and then a short week. The Steelers had a bye and were better rested. That was key to the 2nd half, not a choke job.

The Steelers collapsed against the Jets in the playoffs in the 2nd half the next week they had a big enough lead that they barely won. Collapsing in the 2nd half happens and it isn't always choking.
The difference in the 2 games is the Ravens choked and lost and the Steelers didn't. Comon, at halftime the Ravens thought they had it in the bag. If you think that short arm 5 yard out that Flacco threw in the ground wasn't a choke job then I don't know what is. Also, Mr. Ray Rice had zero fumbles all year and then coughed (choked) one up. Hey it happens the Ravens choked, just like the Steelers did in the SB.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #53
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysthymic View Post
IMO the real issue is that the Rooney's spent decades growing the Steeler brand as a solid organization owned by a classy, solid family and then, you have allegedged sexual assaults, DUI's, and idiotic, classless comments to tarnish the organization. Makes the owners and coaching staff look real bad.
I get what you're saying, but let me present a different perspective ...

The Steelers have always run a class organization and have dealt effectively with bad apples. Hines has been a model player throughout his entire career and made one mistake. I wouldn't exactly call him a bad apple. It's not like we're talking about Pacman Jones.

I think we can all agree that Ben has put himself in some bad situations, but at the risk of bringing up this old argument again, Ben was only accused of sexual assault. He wasn't convicted, or even charged. A lot of people are accused of things they didn't do. I'm glad the Rooneys stood by him and didn't kick him to the curb based only on allegations.

As far as Harrison, I kind of compare him to Lambert. They both had/have the same ferocious mentality on the field. And let's not forget some of Lambert's comments directed at the league ... like maybe quarterbacks should wear dresses. I'd love to see what Lambert had to say if he played in today's 24/7 in-your-face media environment. The only thing I disagree with Harrison on is the way he threw his teammates under the bus.

I don't think the Steelers' philosophy or how they run the organization has changed. What has changed is the NFL and the media ... and not for the better.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #54
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

I'm curious how the current off the filed actions are going to pan out throughout the NFL.

I'm only guessing here. But since there is no NFLPA contract, owners locked them out, no bonuses etc being paid. The players technically are unemployed and there is not NFL conduct policy or anyone for that matter who can enforce it since there are no contracts. You can't enforce something that doesn't exist.

That is what the players will argue when Goodell comes a knocking with some fine's etc. I think the players will have a super strong argument to cite the 1st amendement, and the fact that they have no contract thereby having no rules to follow. Goodell will argue it, but I can not see him winning on anything other than a stern talk.

BTW I knew Harrison would say something to Goodell on the podium. I said it at my party. Actually I said he should've goldberg'ed him with a spear shot right off the podium. than say, im retiring.
To bad like Harrison said, we had 3 untimely turnovers, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #55
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I disagree that the Ravens choked against the Steelers last year in the playoffs. They were tired in the 2nd half after the KC game and then a short week. The Steelers had a bye and were better rested. That was key to the 2nd half, not a choke job.

The Steelers collapsed against the Jets in the playoffs in the 2nd half the next week they had a big enough lead that they barely won. Collapsing in the 2nd half happens and it isn't always choking.

Keep bringing the excuses! They DID choke. It's all they are good for when the chips are down!

caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #56
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Tired? Did he really use that excuse for the Ravens to implode in the playoffs? The Packers didn't look 'tired' and they didn't have a bye week.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #57
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Tired? Did he really use that excuse for the Ravens to implode in the playoffs? The Packers didn't look 'tired' and they didn't have a bye week.
The Steelers had 2 weeks of rest to prepare for the Ravens. The Ravens, on the other hand, had less than a week (they played on Sunday the week before, Saturday against the Steelers.) You would be foolish if you thought the Steelers didn't benefit from the arrangement. I won't say the Steelers only won because they were well rested, but it was certainly a factor.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #58
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
The Steelers had 2 weeks of rest to prepare for the Ravens. The Ravens, on the other hand, had less than a week (they played on Sunday the week before, Saturday against the Steelers.) You would be foolish if you thought the Steelers didn't benefit from the arrangement. I won't say the Steelers only won because they were well rested, but it was certainly a factor.
Yeah. But if you know the history, Boob Jr. was saying just the opposite before the game. He felt like the easy stomping of KC would propell the Ravens with momentum and that the week off would hurt us by being rusty. Oh well, won't be the first time or the last he was wrong.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #59
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

why are you guys responding to Bobby jr? he is by far the biggest troll on here. just ignore him and he'll go away.

as for Harrison's comments.. yet another embarrassing moment for the Steelers. one of the way too many over the past several years.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #60
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Yeah. But if you know the history, Boob Jr. was saying just the opposite before the game. He felt like the easy stomping of KC would propell the Ravens with momentum and that the week off would hurt us by being rusty. Oh well, won't be the first time or the last he was wrong.
I'm sure he's a fool, this Bobby Jr. A typical Ratbird. I'm surprised he didn't blame the officials.