Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
patsdynasty
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1162
Default Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

At least that's what the fools at ESPN think.

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.
patsdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

I enjoyed that post.

All true of course - they are the bookies favorites aswell about 4 points clear of the rest of the field.

The only thing I can imagine that works in there favor is the fact they are in a relatively weak division.

AFC East and North should be tough next year - Patriots and Phins will be challenging from the East and the Bengals and the Steelers will be very competitive in the North.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

..... if Jaworski had a coherent thought.....

..... it would die of loneliness.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

Very, very true. Nice post dynasty. It's a shame that these guys get tagged with the term "experts". Experts in what is what I say! What are the Colts going to do next year with a next to nothing running game? Edge is gone and Rhodes is no Edge. They are going to be a one dimensional offense and you know that D's will key on the passing game. The Colts will struggle next season.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Indy is in BIG trouble when they lose Edge....

they will become one dimensional...and the Steelers gave everyone the blueprint of how to get in Manning's face...

Steelers...Pats...Bengals (if Palmer comes back)...Dolphins (if they get a decent QB)...Chargers (if Brees comes back healthy)...

LOL..OK...Steelers and Pats...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1941

Until there is an indication that the Colts have figured out how to consistently beat a 3-4 defense, then I will never consider them a favorite. Last yeaa was there chance and they blew it.

BTW, I have always considered Manning way overated. Put some pressure on him and he mentally collapses
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
Indy is in BIG trouble when they lose Edge....

they will become one dimensional...and the Steelers gave everyone the blueprint of how to get in Manning's face...
I think the Colts drop off considerably as well without James on the team and Jacksonville could have a strong chance at winning the AFC South next season.

Maybe if Manning was willing to "redo" his fat contract the Colts would have some extra cash to resign some of their key FA's.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

I can fully feel the pain of hearing all the you cant do it again bull that Pat fans had to deal with
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

Just putting him in a "big game" and he mentally collapses. He is a CHOKER. Always has been and always will be.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #10
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

I think it was on Monday 2/6/06 that I heard that Las Vegas had picked the Colts as #1 to win the Superbowl in 2006 and the Pats as #2 to win it.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote