Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #41
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,939
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 866 Times in 433 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Oh boy, "OPEN GIANT CAN OF WORMS HERE."

Here's the thing. FACT: The "establishment" mows you down if you
are a public person (actor, sports person, politician, et al) and question
the official version of the story; you will be taken down. It is the ultimate 3rd rail.
It might not happen overnight, but it will happen. Now, we can debate why
that is, but there is no question that if you publicly question the validity
of the official story, they are coming after you to ruin you one way or the other.
Every public person I can think of who openly questioned their story has
lost their job, been framed for some BS charge or have been some
how ruined.
How about Jesse Ventura? He is one of the most well-known and outspoken 9/11 conspiracy theorists, yet I have not seen any thing bad happen to him. Matter of factly, he was governor of Minnesota.

This "3rd rail" of your has less to do with some Orwellian government conspiracy to kill all dissenters, and more to do with public-facing companies and employers not wanting to be represented by wacky conspiracy theorists and other fringe elements that could tarnish their image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Again, we can debate why that is, but there is no question that those who
question it get systematically taken down.

There IS a question because I just cited a pretty large, glaring exception to your rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
If Mendy doesn't change his
tune soon, he will be done in the NFL. Bank on it.
I believe you, but not for the reasons you are thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Charlie Sheen questioned it. He lost the highest paid gig in TV. Was it all because
he is crazy or did he get set up to begin with?
That would be option 1. He was derelict in his duties (a no-show because he was in rehab, no less) that he was contracted for, then had the nerve to ddemand a raise, and he had a bad attitude about it to boot. No employer is gonna put up with that crap, whether you believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories or the abominable snowman....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Oh, and before the ideologues rush to claim that anyone who questions
it is crazy, then maybe you should ask yourself why so many experts such
as engineers, arch. and pilots have openly asserted that the official version
is simply impossible. Thousands of them.
We've already been through this. For every engineer, arch, and pilot who has backed the 9/11 conspiracy BS, 10 more refuted it.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #42
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Thumper, I could argue against every single thing you've posted, including your assertion that I can't prove that water is wet, but I'm not going to waste your time, and I'm not going to waste my time. I'm going to keep it simple.

You keep accusing people on this board of being sheep and uneducated. Well, let me ask you this ... out of all of your 9/11 conspiracies, which you've supposedly put TONS of thought and research into, how many of them are your original thoughts and ideas? I'm going out on a limb and guessing NONE!!! You didn't come up with any of these ideas yourself ... You've been manipulated by the conspiracy theorists. You're nothing but a ****ing sheep following all the other wacko conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones. BAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAA




Stop posting links to YouTube videos and conspiracy websites. If you truly believe in what you're saying, make the case yourself. Let's start with this ... you keep saying that anyone who speaks out against "the establishment" has their career ruined. Like who? Name them?

Last edited by Wallace108; 07-22-2011 at 02:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #43
fart
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 33
Member Number: 18364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Stop posting links to YouTube videos and conspiracy websites. If you truly believe in what you're saying, make the case yourself. Let's start with this ... you keep saying that anyone who speaks out against "the establishment" has their career ruined. Like who? Name them?
You don't see all the raving homeless people on the streets? They knew too much...
fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #44
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fart View Post
You don't see all the raving homeless people on the streets? They knew too much...


I guess Mendy will be joining them soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #45
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Member Number: 2563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
But my argument was not really about that, it was about the right of speech.
This has nothing to do with our 1st amendment right to free speech. The 1st amendment keeps the government from punishing us for what we say. Businesses are not obligated to provide their sponsors (or any employee) with free speech
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #46
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,171
Member Number: 5792
Thanks: 7
Thanked 340 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic View Post
This has nothing to do with our 1st amendment right to free speech. The 1st amendment keeps the government from punishing us for what we say. Businesses are not obligated to provide their sponsors (or any employee) with free speech
That is correct sir.
I could choose to call my boss or better yet the owner of the company a f***in a**hole. But there would be consequences to pay for that. Mendy is now going to have to live with those consequences for saying what he had a right to say. He can't be put in jail or fined for saying what he wants to, but someone who is paying him to represent their product can't certainly stop doing so if they choose. If I'm paying someone to represent me and they go and alienate any part of my customer base, I'm going to be pissed off. Champion has every right to do this and moreso it is probably the correct decision for their business.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #47
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
How about Jesse Ventura? He is one of the most well-known and outspoken 9/11 conspiracy theorists, yet I have not seen any thing bad happen to him. Matter of factly, he was governor of Minnesota.
That's right. And, in fact, according to Jesse, once he because gov.
he was inundated with CIA agents demanding that answer to how
in the world he got elected. It freaked out the establishment that an
ind. got elected. It freaked them out that someone who they did not
have their hooks into got elected and they wanted to know how. By
the way, that was before JV started questioning 911. Back then he
was far less aware. Think JV could get elected now? No F-n way.
They would use their usual tactics to ensure he couldn't win in
office - with media smears and - if needed - voter fraud.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...1/03/jessecia/


Quote:
This "3rd rail" of your has less to do with some Orwellian government conspiracy to kill all dissenters, and more to do with public-facing companies and employers not wanting to be represented by wacky conspiracy theorists and other fringe elements that could tarnish their image.
Has to do with both. But one created the other. Just watch what
the media does with any truthseeker 9 one 1. Watch their attitude.
The unified effort causes the sheep to just buy into it. If all the
media treats TS as nuts, then most of the sheep go along with it and
get angry themselves at the very notion, since that's what their TV
and media leads them to. Most just take the lead of what the media
tells them and only differentiates for the invented "right-left" paradigm,
that distracts the sheep into thinking they are on some sort of side
of things, when, in fact, there is virtually nothing substantially
different between the parties. The large agenda is sought by both.
Only difference is window dressing.


Quote:
There IS a question because I just cited a pretty large, glaring exception to your rule.
No you didn't. I never said these guys are all-powerful; just very
powerful. JV isn't dead (good luck with that, he is a former seal)
but he is out off office, and he has no shows anymore, even though
he was very popular and, at one time, had all major news channels
fighting for his services. Now that he questions nine 1 0ne and the
wars, he has been black balled. You will say it's only because "the
people" don't like him any more and that is simply not true.


Quote:
That would be option 1. He was derelict in his duties (a no-show because he was in rehab, no less) that he was contracted for, then had the nerve to ddemand a raise, and he had a bad attitude about it to boot. No employer is gonna put up with that crap, whether you believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories or the abominable snowman....
Yea, that's the story we are told. We also heard stories about Ross
Perot, the president of the IMF bank, about all those people who
committed suicide when anyone could see the stories were not
believable at all. That is a LONG list. Sheen may have self destructed,
but that girl who reported that he "kept here in his hotel room when
she didn't want to be there" was such an obvious lie. She was a obvious
plant to anyone using common sense and looking into it. Any how, I
am not saying Sheen didn't have self-destructive habits. But they are
good in playing off those habits to destroy your credibility when you step
out of line. You will NEVER see any major media or the govt. give a fair
shake to anyone presenting credible evidence for this. NEVER. They
will only allow those who they can make look like a nut speak. How about
how so many of the witnesses, who witnessed things they don't want us
to even consider, were not allowed to testify for their phony commission?
Anyone who reported hearing and feeling explosions were not invited to
offer any testimony. Yea, that seems like they were really pursuing the truth.


Quote:
We've already been through this. For every engineer, arch, and pilot who has backed the 9/11 conspiracy BS, 10 more refuted it.
ANYTHING the establishment wants to sell, they will have plenty
of those serving the cabal line up and testify. Just look at the ramp
up for the Iraq war. They had every Tom and Jerry line up and say
that Saddam was so dangerous and had so many WMDs. And anyone
who didn't agree? They got no air time, and were fired from their govt.
job. It is beyond obvious.

Anyone who can't see the towers fall, as they did, and not realize
their story is ridiculous doesn't even want to know the truth. It
is too scary for them and they will force themselves to buy into
the insanely obvious lies.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #48
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,890
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 162 Times in 112 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
You're welcome to your opinion. I don't consider YouTube to be either a source for truth or deceit, but rather a warehouse for entertainment. Keep in mind thumper, that on every polarizing issue in this age, there will be antagonists that bend and twist reality for their own reasons. Money, fame, advancement of one's career, etc. You can find videos on YouTube that will present the "facts" for and against just about any topic of societal or political interest. I find it laughable that you watch some of these videos and lend any credence to their "facts."
I find it laughable that you believe reports given out by the US government.
__________________
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Not that it really matters, because I think you are a nut, but what was the motivation here?
That's OK, because I think you are a duped patsy with no clue
regarding on what true reality is all around you. On the chessboard
you are a pawn.


Quote:
Is your theory that the US government killed thousands of its own people, destroyed symbols of our country, and covered it all up to simply go to war in Afghanistan?
Well, you make several assumptions here and that's the _start_
of your fumbling in the dark. The "US govt." is not controlled by
our elected officials, period. It has been hijacked, just as our
founding fathers feared. Those wielding the most power are
not even American - they are the richest banker families. Our
govt. takes orders from these scum bags - yes, they are scum
bags who have already sought more power and profit from human
death and suffering. It's nothing new to them. Look at the real
reason the Revolutionary War was fought. It was to break off
from the largest banker family, Bank of London, et al. Our dudes
said "no" to accepting their $ with them charging us interest. They
told them they no longer needed their "$ created out of thin air" and
the interest that comes with it. When you don't play ball with the
central bankers, they will start wars. They told us if we don't keep
it going with us agreeing to accept their $, they would send redcoats
over. They did. And the rest is history. But that didn't stop them, it
only delayed it. Since then the Fed. Res. now is basically the same
entity (and family - very same) and serves the same purpose - they
create $ out of thin air, and charge us interest for it, and plummet
us into more debt, where we always owe them more and more. And,
as the founding fathers realized, we don't need those bankers at
all. Our country could launch its own currency and not have to pay
interest to foreign bankers. JFK knew this and sign EO 01111, which
would have eliminated the need for the FR. Of course, after his head
was blown off, the EO never came to be.


Quote:
And for what gain there? For a group that typically portrays Bush as a bumbling idiot, you claim he pulled off the most intricate and hidden operation in the history of the world.
NEVER asserted that. Bush is a moron. He is a mere puppet. The
agenda he pursued was not his. He was just going along with the
powers that be. I doubt he even knew of the plot. He was immediately
flown to the middle of no where and Cheney - who definitely was totally
aware and engaged in the plan - orchestrated the particulars. Several
things clearly point to this, among them, that Cheney was put in charge
of running NORAD that day, as opposed to military generals, which was
the structure BEFORE and AFTER that day. But for some strange reason,
Cheney called all the shots on our air defense grid that day. And he oddly
chose to not put any fighters where they would have been - even with an
entire hour advance notice after the towers were hit. Some how they failed
to protect DC and the Pentagon. A 757 was supposedly allowed to come
waltzing in without any fighter jet to intercept them.


Quote:
If I get this right:
I am sure you will get it all wrong.
Quote:
1. He convinced Al Queda to train the hijackers and carry out the operation.
No. They put up some patsies and had them go to some flying
lessons so they could sell their BS story. 7 of the names hijackers
have been found to be living. But the media never reported it. How
could those guys be found alive if they were on planes that crashed?
All these did was toss some shit at a wall, show a video of one guy
in an airport toss a few passports around (that some how survived
the crashes in tact) and people like you fall for it.
Quote:
2. He convinced Bin Laden to claim responsibility for the attack.
You mean that fat guy, wearing gold, who was right handed (OBL was
left handed) with a totally different face and nose of a video that
was "found" on the book shelf of some "house?" OBL never admitted
he had any part, or knowledge, of this. Matter of fact, he actually denied it
but the FBI said it was too dangerous to play those tapes, but felt it
wasn't dangerous to play the obvious forged on with the fake OBL.
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy believable.

Quote:
3. He created an agency that covertly planted explosives in the WTC.
Bush created nothing. The entity who did this has existed forever.


Quote:
4. He made it look real enough to those on the planes that they made panicked cell phone calls to loved ones (or their voices were mimicked and all of their loved ones were called by someone else to make us believe it happened).
Those calls were not even possible. And, yes, they can replicate voices
with ease.

Quote:
5. These real hijackers were then replaced by "experienced" pilots to fly the precise attack on the pentagon, or as you suggest that plane "disappeared" and was replaced by a missile that hit the Pentagon.
The planes that hit the towers were highly likely remote controlled. No
plane hit the Pentagon. No evidence that one ever did.


Quote:
6. A bomb was set off in a field in Pennsylvania to "simulate" an aircraft crash and that plane "disappeared", all accompanied by the passengers telling their loved ones what they were about to do (staged of course).
Look at the passenger list of that plane. It is like the who's who for
secretive military work. It was full of major players at weapons companies.

Quote:
And finally, what was the goal of all of this? To get oil in the middle east? Our operations over there have not gotten us any and have sent the price through the roof. To justify Afghanistan? I think 1 plane would have been sufficient and easier.
Many goals. For one, the start of destroying our rights and privacy. That
has certainly happened and gets worse every day. And of course oil
prices have gone up - you think the cartel wants to make less $ or more?
The fantasy "Arab Spring" uprising has been created as well, all to eventually
cause wars there. The only country that won't have turmoil and chaos is Israel.
We will be made to believe that terror is still coming from that region, as
well as "human suffering" as they tried to sell in Egypt and now Libya. Soon
to join the list, Syria, Turkey, etc.


Quote:
A president can't get a BJ in the oval office without CNN knowing about it. How do you think an event like this could be pulled off? Seriously? If it was, Bush was the most brilliant leader the world has ever seen, and I don't believe any of you conspiracy buffs would possibly agree with that.
It never came from Bush. He was merely the figure head. If you think
our country's president and other elected officials actually think up
the main hidden agendas, then, well, have a nice gullible life.

Quote:
I appreciate your imagination, but it is just that.
And I appreciate your gullibility. It is mind expanding.

Oh, and, just in case you think I am only repeating some talking points,
I not only can tell you the truth of what happened, I can also tell you
what is GOING to happen.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #50
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I find it laughable that you believe reports given out by the US government.
What, you think the US govt. and military would ever lie to us?
NO WAY!
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts