Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #51
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
That's right. And, in fact, according to Jesse, once he because gov.
he was inundated with CIA agents demanding that answer to how
in the world he got elected. It freaked out the establishment that an
ind. got elected. It freaked them out that someone who they did not
have their hooks into got elected and they wanted to know how. By
the way, that was before JV started questioning 911. Back then he
was far less aware. Think JV could get elected now? No F-n way.
They would use their usual tactics to ensure he couldn't win in
office - with media smears and - if needed - voter fraud.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...1/03/jessecia/
I'm not denying that any of that happened, but if the CIA and the establishment were so freaked out by independent candidates...why wouldn't they have just smeared Jesse in the media or rigged the election beforehand? I mean, if that's the usual tactic (which yes I know sometimes it is...just the gov't doesn't really need to do the smearing, the other candidates usually take care of that) then why didn't they do it to him? Why did they wait till after to get freaked out? Did they not have the intelligence to know he was an independent candidate beforehand or the gonads to ruin him before he became governor or something?

As far as his political career goes (in terms of the media)...the media are assholes. All of them. Doesn't matter which way they lean, they smell personal strife on someone and they go for blood. JV chose to end his career because *shocker* he was a governor and the media hounded him and his family. He's said if he was single he would have run again. He's certainly not the first or last governor/political figure to be hounded by the media. Hell, you don't even have to speak out about 9/11 to get hounded by the media...it happens to people who never even bring the subject up all the time. They really are just assholes....no conspiracy about it.

Quote:
No you didn't. I never said these guys are all-powerful; just very
powerful. JV isn't dead (good luck with that, he is a former seal)
but he is out off office, and he has no shows anymore, even though
he was very popular and, at one time, had all major news channels
fighting for his services. Now that he questions nine 1 0ne and the
wars, he has been black balled. You will say it's only because "the
people" don't like him any more and that is simply not true.
What? You've never heard of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura? It's ran for two seasons on TruTV now. The only reason the third season is in limbo is because Ventura is suing Homeland Security and TSA for always patting him down (he has a metal hip and it always sets of the buzzers). He refuses to fly commercially again and may not be able to do the show.

http://www.infowars.com/ventura-stri...t-against-tsa/

Now, I don't disagree with his lawsuit...TSA are assholes. But he's not the only person they routinely pat down like this. There are a lot of normal folk out there that go through the same thing (with the same discomfort as Jesse). If his show/career ends though because he refuses to fly, then that's because he chooses not to deal with their bullshit anymore. Nobody cancelled his show due to it not being popular though. I was under the impression it had a strong following.

Besides...he's always got his writing career to fall back on I guess. His latest was just published in April.

Quote:
Sheen may have self destructed,
but that girl who reported that he "kept here in his hotel room when
she didn't want to be there" was such an obvious lie. She was a obvious
plant to anyone using common sense and looking into it.
How is that obvious? I don't know 100% if he did that or not, but given his past track record with women and violence...it's not that far fetched. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that someone with his history of drug abuse, violence and domestic violence could be capable of this. It was literally just a matter of time with him (as it always seemed to be).

Seriously though, I gave you a huge list of prominent figures who have spoken out against the gov't version of 9/11...and yes, I'm sure that some of those people have lost their jobs, or changed careers...maybe a handful have even been incarcerated for something...but that happens to people on both sides of the fence. Your continued assertations that saying something against the gov't version of 9/11 is "grabbing the third rail" is completely groundless, and you should probably just stop making shit like that up. It makes you look foolish and reasonable people know it's a crock of shit.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #52
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
What, you think the US govt. and military would ever lie to us?
NO WAY!
I think even people who don't believe the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11 certainly know that the gov't lies to them. I mean, it's what gov't's do. It's just some of the theories surrounding 9/11 are so off the wall, it's like they just jumped out of a James Bond movie or something.

What I think, is that AT MOST our government (or at least probably a few key people inside) knew, or suspected what was going to happen...maybe to the degree that it did, maybe not...and let it happen and took full advantage of it. At the very least, I know the government seized their opportunities in the middle east when they saw the chance. But there's just too much circumstantial evidence surrounding many of the theories for me to even take them seriously.

Trust our government though? Not a chance.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #53
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

BTW, I am moving and merging this to the locker room. It's just sort of run it's course up here and hasn't had anything to do with football for a long time now.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #54
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
^^^^ THIS.

Conspiracy theorists went hogwild when Pearl Harbor was bombed too, and they were no more correct than they are about 9/11.
The evidence if overwhelming that they knew the attack at Pearl
was coming. It's just not "as bad" since they didn't actually
commit the attack themselves, but they knew it was coming. We
had cracked their code, we saw the massive fleet on radar, and
yet no one was warned. I find that reprehensible. We didn't
need to let Japan bomb as like fish in a barrel. They could have
convinced the American people to go into war had they actually
warned our troops and been ready to defend themselves. Why
was it necessary to have so many lives lost?

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...315/pearl.html
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #55
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The evidence if overwhelming that they knew the attack at Pearl
was coming. It's just not "as bad" since they didn't actually
commit the attack themselves, but they knew it was coming. We
had cracked their code, we saw the massive fleet on radar, and
yet no one was warned. I find that reprehensible. We didn't
need to let Japan bomb as like fish in a barrel. They could have
convinced the American people to go into war had they actually
warned our troops and been ready to defend themselves. Why
was it necessary to have so many lives lost?

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...315/pearl.html
Well, that's a stretch too. It sounds all nice when you say they saw them coming on radar (because most people nowadays think of the kind of sophisticated radar we have now), but back then it was a piece of shit...and our military was lacking in many areas, one of them being training (pre-WWII). Those guys had no clue what they were looking at.

And I'm sure FDR knew that Pearl Harbor was a target...but I don't believe he knew when it would happen.

It is no secret that FDR wanted into the war, but the American public would never have agreed to get involved in Europe’s war. Military tactics would make a decision like pearl harbor an easy one. Allow the enemy to think you are weak and provide targets that would draw them in. In combat it is better to defend than attack, you will have the defensive positions and the ability to counter attack...it is the perfect draw and fain. However in the attack at pearl, there was no prepared defensive positions. But it did provide the spark that brought the U.S. into the war.

Now whether you believe that FDR knew about the pending attack or not (I'm guessing by all accounts that you do), our entrance into the war was going to happen. Entering when we did was far better for a number of reasons, but most important was to enter while England was still intact, providing us with a foot hold in Europe, and not having to fight German naval vessels off the America’s coast line . Whether or not the president knew prior and aided in the attack of pearl harbor isn’t as important as it was to enter the war in 1941...rather than being forced into the war in say 1943 or 1944 when Germany controlled all of Europe and the USSR and all their resources being brought to bear on the only free country left standing alone with their pants blowing in the wind.


One line from the article you posted struck me (I only skimmed over most of it, but only because I've read much about this already)..."FDR was always going to ignore Japan and go after Hitler, for his ultimate goal was to save his beloved Soviet Communism."

This sounds like total bullshit to me, and propaganda at it's finest. Ignore Japan? Are these writers stupid or something? I guess my grandpa was just off "ignoring Japan" when he was battling the Japanese at in the Pacific atolls.

Go after Hitler to save communism? I know FDR was a liberal, but come on. You don't think maybe he wanted to go after Hitler because he's taken over all but one free country in Europe? Or that he had plans to invade and restructure South America?

Where do you find this shit?
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #56
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'm not denying that any of that happened, but if the CIA and the establishment were so freaked out by independent candidates...why wouldn't they have just smeared Jesse in the media or rigged the election beforehand? I mean, if that's the usual tactic (which yes I know sometimes it is...just the gov't doesn't really need to do the smearing, the other candidates usually take care of that) then why didn't they do it to him?
That's the point, SC. He got in when they didn't expect it. That is
why they were freaked: They didn't realize he had a real shot of
winning and he did. That is why they came to his crib and grilled
him in the basement for all that time.



I tend to believe JV. I don't see why he would make this stuff up. He
is a man, an honest man, with honor.

Quote:
Why did they wait till after to get freaked out? Did they not have the intelligence to know he was an independent candidate beforehand or the gonads to ruin him before he became governor or something?
My guess - basing it on what JV said - is they underestimated him
and didn't realize he could win, hence didn't bother with their usual
tactics.

Quote:
As far as his political career goes (in terms of the media)...the media are assholes. All of them. Doesn't matter which way they lean, they smell personal strife on someone and they go for blood. JV chose to end his career because *shocker* he was a governor and the media hounded him and his family. He's said if he was single he would have run again.
Yes. But that doesn't mean he _could_ win even if he tried, due to
the fact they would smear him and/or use voter fraud in order to
keep him out of office. Or, maybe JV could pull a Ron Paul and
win regardless, but it wouldn't be without them _trying_ to keep
him out.

Quote:
He's certainly not the first or last governor/political figure to be hounded by the media. Hell, you don't even have to speak out about 9/11 to get hounded by the media...it happens to people who never even bring the subject up all the time. They really are just assholes....no conspiracy about it.
Sure. But that doesn't mean the media isn't controlled at the highest
levels. Just look into who owns the only wire services used by all
our major media and let me know what you think about that.

Quote:
What? You've never heard of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura? It's ran for two seasons on TruTV now. The only reason the third season is in limbo is because Ventura is suing Homeland Security and TSA for always patting him down (he has a metal hip and it always sets of the buzzers). He refuses to fly commercially again and may not be able to do the show.
I've heard of it, and watched a few episodes. It was kind of disappointing
in that it appeared as sensationalism to a degree. I wasn't sure exactly
why it did not continue. I think I recall some episodes that were shot but
never allowed to be shown.

http://www.infowars.com/ventura-stri...t-against-tsa/

Quote:
Now, I don't disagree with his lawsuit...TSA are assholes. But he's not the only person they routinely pat down like this. There are a lot of normal folk out there that go through the same thing (with the same discomfort as Jesse). If his show/career ends though because he refuses to fly, then that's because he chooses not to deal with their bullshit anymore. Nobody cancelled his show due to it not being popular though. I was under the impression it had a strong following.
Well, if a show they don't like falls without them needing to make it do
so, I guess all the better for them, less work. Had JV pursued another
season, I am not sure if it would end up airing. But, we won't know if
JV has quit on his own.

Quote:
How is that obvious? I don't know 100% if he did that or not, but given his past track record with women and violence...it's not that far fetched. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that someone with his history of drug abuse, violence and domestic violence could be capable of this. It was literally just a matter of time with him (as it always seemed to be).
The girl's statements to police were very weak and inconsistent.
I'm not trying to defend him, as he has done bad things. I won't
bother to, but when I looked into it at the time, it kind of seemed
like BS to me.

Quote:
Seriously though, I gave you a huge list of prominent figures who have spoken out against the gov't version of 9/11...and yes, I'm sure that some of those people have lost their jobs, or changed careers...maybe a handful have even been incarcerated for something...but that happens to people on both sides of the fence. Your continued assertations that saying something against the gov't version of 9/11 is "grabbing the third rail" is completely groundless, and you should probably just stop making shit like that up. It makes you look foolish and reasonable people know it's a crock of shit.
That list was interesting, but huge. But a few things occurred to me.

1.) I didn't know 1/2 of them. Like I said earlier they go after those with
the largest audiences. They don't have the manpower to ruin every
single person who speaks against their story. If the person is pretty
obscure, I don't know. They may not make the cut as to who to bother
with.

2.) Many of them may have made a statement at one time, but have
discontinued since. I do believe you would likely get a warning call
before they actually have to put work in. Many on that list are not known
as truthers, because, for one reason of the other, have since decided
to shut their mouth about it. Ed Begley Jr. is one on that list who did
remain active in the movement. And, I can't say his career has taken off.
Has be been blackballed? No way to know for fact. I do remember James
Brolin bringing up "911weknow.com" or something along those lines. Can't
say he continues to try to bring it up any more. Who knows. You choose
to assume there are no forces at play to keep a lid on this; that's how
you see it. I find it obvious that there are definitely forces in play trying to
squelch the truther movement.



Then it looks like Fox was happy to cover the story and bring flames
on his ass. (Fox is a great place to see what they are up to with their
agendas. You know when they vilify someone it's something they
fear.)

thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #57
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Well, that's a stretch too. It sounds all nice when you say they saw them coming on radar (because most people nowadays think of the kind of sophisticated radar we have now), but back then it was a piece of shit...and our military was lacking in many areas, one of them being training (pre-WWII). Those guys had no clue what they were looking at.
They had decent enough radar. It could detect plane props.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opana_Radar_Site

They saw a massive image on it.
Why not at least bother to take some precaution? They also had
broken the Japanese code and had intercepted wires that spelled
out there was an attack coming.

Quote:
And I'm sure FDR knew that Pearl Harbor was a target...but I don't believe he knew when it would happen.
So you say. I can't say that with any certainty.

Quote:
It is no secret that FDR wanted into the war, but the American public would never have agreed to get involved in Europe’s war. Military tactics would make a decision like pearl harbor an easy one. Allow the enemy to think you are weak and provide targets that would draw them in. In combat it is better to defend than attack, you will have the defensive positions and the ability to counter attack...it is the perfect draw and fain. However in the attack at pearl, there was no prepared defensive positions. But it did provide the spark that brought the U.S. into the war.
That is the point. Why were they so totally unprepared when
it seems like they should have certainly had more of a clue.

Quote:
Now whether you believe that FDR knew about the pending attack or not (I'm guessing by all accounts that you do), our entrance into the war was going to happen. Entering when we did was far better for a number of reasons, but most important was to enter while England was still intact, providing us with a foot hold in Europe, and not having to fight German naval vessels off the America’s coast line . Whether or not the president knew prior and aided in the attack of pearl harbor isn’t as important as it was to enter the war in 1941...rather than being forced into the war in say 1943 or 1944 when Germany controlled all of Europe and the USSR and all their resources being brought to bear on the only free country left standing alone with their pants blowing in the wind.
Not debating timing of entering the war. Just that the possibility that
they knew an attack was coming and purposely did nothing to prepare
for it.


Quote:
One line from the article you posted struck me (I only skimmed over most of it, but only because I've read much about this already)..."FDR was always going to ignore Japan and go after Hitler, for his ultimate goal was to save his beloved Soviet Communism."
I am not going to defend that assertion. Seems whack to me.
I am only asserting that the US may have known attack was coming
and purposely did nothing to prepare or warn our people.

Quote:
Where do you find this shit?
Search engines.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #58
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,515
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,671 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

Where do you find this shit?
................... ........
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #59
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
They had decent enough radar. It could detect plane props.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opana_Radar_Site

They saw a massive image on it.
Why not at least bother to take some precaution? They also had
broken the Japanese code and had intercepted wires that spelled
out there was an attack coming.
Quote:
That is the point. Why were they so totally unprepared when
it seems like they should have certainly had more of a clue.
The army back then wasn't like the army today. Yes, they buckled down and prepared when the time came, but it was less than 10 years earlier that they were training soldiers with wooden weapons.

I know the radars could detect things, but from some accounts I've heard, it was a couple of guys sitting in a room looking at it for a while scratching their heads and not knowing what they were looking at.

Quote:
So you say. I can't say that with any certainty.
I can't say with any certainty either. It's just a guess on my part. It's hard to pick through old data like that though and say anything with any certainty, some of the language in those transmissions is vague and some of the information is just word of mouth.

What I will say is this though...and it might sound a little harsh and dismissive, but it's how I feel about it...if FDR did in fact know what was going to happen, and let it happen, I'm 95% ok with that. It was a necessary war for a number of reasons, and I don't know if the American people would have believed it to be a good idea until it was right on our doorstep (when it would have been too late).


Quote:
I am not going to defend that assertion. Seems whack to me.
I am only asserting that the US may have known attack was coming
and purposely did nothing to prepare or warn our people.
Fair enough.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #60
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,680
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,747
Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,119 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
................... ........
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts