Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,878 Posts
Default cedric wilson article/ inteview

2 great quotes:

"This is the best group of guys I have been around," said Wilson. "I am not saying that just because we won the Super Bowl. I don't have to say that. This is the best group of guys I have been around in my lifetime, not just on the football field. These guys like one another, they work together and they compete against one another. It's fun. It's like, if you beat me out, it means you worked harder than me. I am not upset with you, I am upset with myself."

"For me at the point where it was looking like we weren't going to get into the playoffs, I was saying to myself I came here to win that Super Bowl and things just didn't happen right for me," said Wilson. "Then Coach (Bill) Cowher had a meeting with us at the pivotal point. He came in and said I checked all of your backgrounds and I know everything about you. He said I am going to find out who is going to leave it all out there and who is going to throw in the towel. He said I am going to find out.

http://news.steelers.com/article/64303/
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
BigSteelThrill
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 818
Default Re: cedric wilson article/ inteview

Great read Tony.

I like Cedrick. Even when people bitched about him saying we should throw the ball more last year, he just wanted to win and thought passing more would help us win. Sure did the trick in the playoffs.
BigSteelThrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteelThrill
Even when people bitched about him saying we should throw the ball more last year, he just wanted to win and thought passing more would help us win.
I really did not have a problem with him complaining about not getting the ball in the regular season. My problem was that when he did get a ball thrown his way he normally dropped it. I'm not denying he stepped up in the playoffs, but around the time of his complaining he couldn't hold on to the ball. Hence, making an ass out of himself.

Eitherway, I'll be sold on Cedrick Wilson when he does it for a complete season. Until then I still have my doubts about him lining up opposite of Hines Ward. I need more than a playoff showing to be convinced.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-24-2006 at 01:13 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
Volpe1564
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 397

i just hope he doesnt do a Cory Dillon when he was in Cinncy with all the bitchin

dont like my politics?? dont voice yours and i will not voice mine
Volpe1564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Cool Re: cedric wilson article/ inteview

He'll do fine this season. He just needed time to get the "mojo" going. He finally feels like a real Steeler, not some part-time FA hired as a fill-in.

I am fairly confident that he will increase catches and yards. He will take some of the extra coverage off of Hines.....and then comes Santonio....wow! What a triple threat by mid to late season.

It's gonna be an exciting year!
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #6
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I really did not have a problem with him complaining about not getting the ball in the regular season. My problem was that when he did get a ball thrown his way he normally dropped it. I'm not denying he stepped up in the playoffs, but around the time of his complaining he couldn't hold on to the ball. Hence, making an ass out of himself.

Eitherway, I'll be sold on Cedrick Wilson when he does it for a complete season. Until then I still have my doubts about him lining up opposite of Hines Ward. I need more than a playoff showing to be convinced.
I agree with you; I'm not sold on him yet.
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote