Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Unprecedented Signing period awaits!

Average NFL Roster right now are at 50 players and they are required to get to 90 for camp. 40 x 32 = 1,280 signings in a handful of days. And with teams having to spend 99% of the cap Boy is this gonna be wild! So who will the Steelers look to sign to fill their training camp roster?

Gil Brandt listed his top 20 Undrafted Free Agents.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...sudden-impact?

I put below the ones I am most interested in for the Steelers. I have not seen much of these guys at the college level. I do hope they look at McDaniel, Williams, and Burney though. (All Descriptions are from the Gil Brandt story on NFL.com )

Rookies undrafted
-Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College His battle against cancer is well documented and speaks to his hunger to play. If healthy, he can play all downs.
-DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson:Has all the traits needed to be a good safety.
-Nick Bellore, LB Very competitive linebacker. One of the all-time top tacklers in the MAC. Great special teams player.
-Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina: Smart offensive tackle with long arms and good athletic ability. Excellent pass blocker.
-Ray Dominguez, G, Arkansas: Strong guard who has the chance to start for someone in his second year
-Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina: Lacks great speed but makes up for it with quickness and ball skills. Very good tackler.
-Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame: A four-year starter at Notre Dame who is very strong and athletic.
-Zach Hurd, G, Connecticut: He played guard at UConn but his best position might be as a RT because of his size and strength.
-Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia: Not tall, has great speed, production and hands. Possible WR/KR prospect.
-John Clay, RB, Wisconsin: Strong, inside runner in the mold of Blount.
-Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn: Outstanding speed and pass-catching ability. Makes a lot of plays.
-Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky: Has quickness and speed needed for success at running back.

NFL FA Who may be able to help the team this year and who the Steelers could realistically sign.

Atari Bigby S Green Bay
Richard Marshall CB Carolina -if we lose Ike Taylor.
Jonathan Joseph CB Cincinnati -would be my 1st choice if Ike wants too much. (just roll the same offer over to Joseph)
Jason Snelling RB Atlanta (city of the Special NFL Police Force, dedicated to arresting as many NFL players as possible.)
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Unprecedented Signing period awaits!

I think Ike Taylor, although a good player, is overrated by us Steeler fans. I wouldn't like to see us sign Jonathan Joseph if Ike leaves, I'd like to see Ike Stay, get rid of McFadden, and sign Joseph. McFadden always gets burnt.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I'd like Ike and Jonathan Joseph too, but each is scheduled to be offered anywhere from 8-10 million per year. The Steelers are in Salary Cap trouble now, they couldn't set aside 19 million per year for the both of them. Ike is our best bet as any new player would be way behind on the defense because of this damn labor situation.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

How about Ian Williams? We need depth at NT.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

I hope we can keep ike, and sign Carlos Rogers to play opposite of him. I think that would be a pretty combination.
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote