Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: I guess we're in the hunt for Plaxico again?

Well so much for unloading on the Eagles for signing convicted felon Vick if this is true

I thought Plax to Philly was virtually a done deal?

If the Giants are offering $10 million for 2 years I cannot see the Steelers spending near that
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
It will ultimately be up to Plax than anybody. He is meeting with Tomlin Friday, so there IS interests on both sides. Why would the Steelers even waste their OR Plaxico's time if they wouldn't make a valid offer?

It's possible.
we met with Ty Law a few years ago too.. nothing came of it. not saying signing Plax is impossible.. but highly unlikely imo with our cap situation the way it is and some of the guys we have coming up on free agency. WR isn't even a necessity for us.. it'd just be a luxury.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #23
CrunkJeezy
Water Boy

Member Number: 18548

We could use a big guy like Plax just dont know if i want the drama and circus thats to come with it. Plus not to mention we brought in what four big undrafted rooks. I would rather cut some of the dead weight at wide-out and bring along one of the big youngs guys were bringing to camp. As long as they impress.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
we met with Ty Law a few years ago too.. nothing came of it. not saying signing Plax is impossible.. but highly unlikely imo with our cap situation the way it is and some of the guys we have coming up on free agency. WR isn't even a necessity for us.. it'd just be a luxury.
That's the key, I think. If WR was a need, I think bringing back Plaxico would be a no-brainer. But we have other needs, and like you said, we also have cap issues. I just don't see it happening.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #25
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
But yet, what was missing in the Super Bowl? That WR threat in crunch time that could soak and sway a defense to one side of the field, let alone somebody stepping up. We have one helluva explosive offense in the making. Getting a big body like Plax, who Ben LOVES, will only make our offense COMPLETE.

It's good to atleast see us pursue.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #26
CrunkJeezy
Water Boy

Member Number: 18548

@stainless steel- I like your view we have been missing that go to guy in clutch since we had to deal holmes, i just dont want the espn circus to follow us all year b/c we got plax. Just another distraction for a team that has an easy enough time making them on there own.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #27
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I agree also. I would love to see them get Plax back. In the clutch I still think Ward is a go to guy for the big catch, problem is he's not open any more for the big catch. Plax gets himself open and can go right over the top. I don't like the idea of them signing a felon because of the probable public outcry, but I would like to see him back.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkJeezy View Post
@stainless steel- I like your view we have been missing that go to guy in clutch since we had to deal holmes, i just dont want the espn circus to follow us all year b/c we got plax. Just another distraction for a team that has an easy enough time making them on there own.
I don't really think Plax would be a distraction at all. If anything, it'll take focus OFF of yet another controversial off-season (Mendenhall, Ward, Harrison, etc.)

It would actually be a nice story. A player who started his career in Pittsburgh, leaves the city only to find success and win a Super Bowl ring with another team only to fall hard from grace and spend time in jail. To be given a chance with that team that drafted you is a nice story, especially one coming off of a Super Bowl.

Besides, we got one of the , if not, THEE best coach in the NFL that deals with distractions. He has been handeling it since his rookie year in 2007 with Faneca, all the way through the Ben scandals and 'til now. We'll be alright.

It's not a guarantee. I have a feeling he'll take the money but he knows deep down it'll be hard to turn down to play for someone like Tomlin. Interesting developments.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #29
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,141 Times in 543 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

If we're actually gonna sign somebody relatively notable in FA, I'm not sure if Id rather have Plax or a decent CB (Rogers/Marshall)...

Plax would make our offense deadly and I have no problems with him except for themoney he'll probably cost...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #30
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758

How will Sanders & Brown see the field if we sign Plax?
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote