Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #31
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542
Default Re: I guess we're in the hunt for Plaxico again?

I don't get this at all. Why is Tomlin interested in these washed up veterans like Tiki and Plaxico?
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #32
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Agreed. Makes zero sense. We're set at WR. We're already over the cap. He's expensive. He's old. He's been in jail.

I know why this forum is discussing him. It's the business of our members to salivate over every single free agent that comes along. But why is Tomlin doing it? Beyond weird.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 AM   #33
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
I don't get this at all. Why is Tomlin interested in these washed up veterans like Tiki and Plaxico?
They were never interested in Tiki anyways. Plax on the other hands, Maybe their looking for a taller receiver
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #34
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a very good move for the Steelers?

Last year, from what I recall, we had a VERY poor TD% when in the opponents' redzone. Plax would provide us with a tall end zone threat, which we need. Wouldn't be a bad signing. I doubt he's demanding too much money - just coming out of jail. I'm actually expecting this to work out, anticipating that Sweed (possibly), Battle and Randle El will be cut within the next few days.
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #35
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steeler View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this would be a very good move for the Steelers?

Last year, from what I recall, we had a VERY poor TD% when in the opponents' redzone. Plax would provide us with a tall end zone threat, which we need. Wouldn't be a bad signing. I doubt he's demanding too much money - just coming out of jail. I'm actually expecting this to work out, anticipating that Sweed (possibly), Battle and Randle El will be cut within the next few days.
Agree 100%. Plax would make our redzone so much better! I may be wrong but i got a feeling he will be in the black and gold this year
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #36
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

It will probably come down to the money like with Jamir Jagr and his reunion with the Penguins but...

If it comes down to a meeting with stuffy coach Tom Coughlin, who fines you for not having two feet on the floor during team meetings or a Cool Cat like Mike Tomlin, who is Burress going to relate to more and want to play for more? Countless players from other teams always try to seek Tomlin out after games to shake his hand. They respect and want to play for a guy like that in a second.

The first thing I would say to Burress is, "Do you want to play and pay a bunch of money in state taxes to a state that put you in jail? A team that cut you within days of your problems?"

Max Starks is going to be released. Flozell may not be back. That would add 11 million or so dollars to our cap. The Giants deal would = 10 mil with incentives not in guaranteed money. We may just sign this guy.

It does seem we are desperate for a tall receiver. Limas Sweed in the last year of his deal is probably going to make close to 2 mil. And we sure have enough UDFA Tall Wide Receivers.

2 Receivers that both require double coverage would be a huge advantage to the Steelers at this point.

However If it was me and I could get another top corner out there for the same money. I would have to take the cornerback. I still have an old Burress shirt though...
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #37
Bricks46
Water Boy

Member Number: 15449

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
Exactly I mean Ray Lewis killed someone and do ravens fans hate him? No
LOL
Bricks46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

With cutting Starks and ARE, this could become a reality.

I heard on ESPN this morning Plax having dinner with the Giants tonight and with Tomlin tomorrow night.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #39
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

As much of an asshole I think and heard he is from people around here I wouldnt mind having him back...we know what hes capable of and I think hes gonna be a much smarter person after what hes been through so yea bring em back home
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #40
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
Agree 100%. Plax would make our redzone so much better! I may be wrong but i got a feeling he will be in the black and gold this year
I don't get the redzone comments. Ben never challenged Plax to go up for balls in the redzone when he was here. And I have yet to see Ben throw anything like a jump ball to any receiver over 6' tall. He had two shots at Spaeth against the Jets during the regular season and he didn't throw anything high to a guy that is 6'7" and could clearly out-reach the defenders.

I really don't see this deal happening. Most likely, they are doing Plax's agent a favor to make his client seem wanted (just in case they need that agent to deliver a truly valued player in the future). And it costs nothing to talk to someone.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote