Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 8.2.11

Quote:
Tuesday, 02 August 2011 14:14
Written by Dan Gigler

Ed Bouchette: Good afternoon, let's begin
Steel Curtain Rising: Ed, can we assume that the Steelers do not plan to bring back Keryon Fox and Trai Essex?
Ed Bouchette: Doesn't look like it but I won't assume anything. I didn't think they'd bring back Daniel Sepulveda either.
John B.: Do you think they'll bring El back, even if for a few games, because of the Sanders thing?
Ed Bouchette: They may have to if he doesn't get better. They won't bring him backjust for a few preseason games. That wouldn't make sense. They have enough receivers to play those.
Matt: Hi Ed. If Emmanuel Sanders' injury turns out to be more severe than we are currently led to believe and Limas Sweed still can't turn things around, do you think that the Steelers are prepared to enter the regular season with Antonio Brown as the third receiver?
Ed Bouchette: They may have not choice. There aren't many good receivers on the market. Like I said, Randle El could be the fallback position.
Lone Wolf: Who will be the receivers in camp that will catch footballs now that Sanders went down and Hines is still recuperating from his Dance routines?
Ed Bouchette: Ward will be back by Friday. They have a bunch of receivers. A couple have stuck out, such as Armand Robinson and Wes Lyons, a 6-8 kid from West Virginia and nearby Woodland Hills High
Steeltyke: Ed, TE Saunders seems to have a ton of talent but 'off the field' problems dropped him to a UDFA. have the Steelers made it clear to him what they expect of him as a professional and, if so, are there any indications that he gets it?
Ed Bouchette: Yeah, they told him he can no longer violate NCAA rules now that he's a pro. He doesn't have off-field problems. Taking money from an agent isn't illegal. He's a real prospect.
Hombre De Acero: Ed, given crucial role Anthony Madison has played on special teams over the years, are you surprised that he is not back?
Ed Bouchette: No. they drafted two more cornerbacks and you have to find room for them, and they will be prime special teams candidates.
touhy20: Ed, some guys are redoing their contracts. Does this open the possibility to sign Starks once again, we need more depth
Ed Bouchette: Those have nothing to do whether they would re-sign Starks or not. Seems to me, Max may be at the end of the line. Arizona needed linemen and still did not go after him.
Steel Curtain Rising: How comfortable are the coaches with Jonathan Scott starting at left tackle...?
Ed Bouchette: He's their man, no plans to go elsewhere. Gilbert ultimately will be their starting left tackle but not likely this year.
Durango Bill: How has Limas Sweed looked so far (at least before he tweaked his hammy)?
Ed Bouchette: Well, he didn't finish the conditioning run and then he sat out with a hamstring problem after the first practice, which was cut short by a thunderstorm. That means I've seen nothing yet. He says he's 110 percent.
JDW: Do you think the front office is a little upset with Ben wearing the jersey of a player cut?
Ed Bouchette: Not at all. They have a lot of respect for Max Starks here, players and management.
Wild Bill: Hello Ed, In your opinion, have the Steelers overpaid at any particular positions, that they seem so hamstrung in adding free agents compared to other teams?
Ed Bouchette: Assuming you've been reading me for a few years, you should know that merely signing free agents means little. The kings of it are Washington and they don't even sniff the playoffs, never mind a championship. What is it with some of you that if a team doesn't sign a free agent, you think they can't compete. When you have put together a team that's 2-1 in the past six Super Bowls, you must be doing something right.
trinisteel: How is Chris Scott looking so far?
Ed Bouchette: They've had one practice in pads.
Guest: After Plax signed with the Jets, I read Limas Sweed's quote saying, "I'm the man, I'm the big target." How does he look early in camp so far? Is this his year to produce? Or, is this the year the Steelers part ways with Sweed?
Ed Bouchette: I will wait until I actually see him do something before I judge. But he is a big target.
steelerbob: I am confused about all the signings. They have 3 punters as of now? Do all those signing bonuses count against the cap?
Ed Bouchette: Can't explain cap rules to you on this. Don't worry about 3 punters. One will probably be sent packing before practice today. Signing bonuses are spread out over the life of the contracdt for cap accounting.
John: I recently read a report indicating that the Steelers see rookie Gilbert at the potential Left Tackle of the future. Is that report accurate? The scouting reports I read prior to the draft all concluded that Gilbert did not have the skills to be a left tackle, and was a right tackle or guard.
Ed Bouchette: You probably read what I wrote.
Steelers in Hoboken: Is Arnez Battle that poor of a receiver that they would need to bring Randle El back?
Ed Bouchette: How often did you see Battle play at wide receiver last season?
WyoBowhunter: Ed, your opinion of changing the workout schedule..I always felt that the physcality of the Steelers Practice is what made the team as good as what they are. Will there be a dropoff without the heavy hitting?
Ed Bouchette: No, it should help a veteran team.
Wild Bill: Jonathan Scott as our starting left tackle? Really??
Ed Bouchette: You have a better suggestion? I'll deliver it to the coaches if you do.
Steelers in Hoboken: What undrafted rookie do you think has the best chance to make the team?
Ed Bouchette: Tight end Weslye Saunders of South Carolina
TampaDan: Is there a legit competition for the K spot or is Waters just there for the extra leg?
Ed Bouchette: No, Suisham is your man.
WyoBowhunter: How close does the team seem? Again a lot of distractions during the offseason to create rifts.
Ed Bouchette: I think all of the distractions were mostly to the fans and media. I think these guys shrug those things off.
steelcity: i havent seen robinson's number on the roster. what number is he using for camp?
Ed Bouchette: No. 14
CampHillFan: How ugly do you think that first pre-season game is going to be?
Ed Bouchette: Can't be much uglier than any other first game.
breeze: Ed, any word on disciplinary action with respect to Ward/Harrison?
Ed Bouchette: I would expect none to either.
Clint: What are the chances you see Woodley getting a long term extension and the franchise tag lifted within the next week?
Ed Bouchette: I don't know if it will happen in the next week, but I think it will happen before the regular season begins.
CampHillFan: Do you think that the resigning of Mewelde Moore is an example of Tomlin hanging on to the "veterans" at the expense of a rookie like Barron Batch?
Ed Bouchette: No, I think there is room for both. Still waiting for Tiki Barber to show up at training camp, though. (please, don't take that literally). Saw a report the other day that he is ready to sign with the Steelers. Yeah, me too.
Heshey: Ive been hearing that Pouncey looks unreal in camp. What are the chances he is already the best center in the league?
Ed Bouchette: Well, he was judged the second-best in the AFC last year. His brother wants to give him some competition for that title. By the way, it was about this time last year that I wrote they should move him from guard and make him their starting center.
Steel Curtain Rising: Ed, Willie Colon is the the first player on this roster to take a "home town discount." Back in the 1990's fans always seemed to hope in vain that players would do this but they rarely did. Why they change?
Ed Bouchette: Many Steelers who have moved on -- and some who have returned -- did not like the experience. Willie took about a 10 percent discount. Plax wasn't giving any discounts.
Steelers in Hoboken: I take in a Steelers road game every year. What would be your pick as the best place to see them away this season?
Ed Bouchette: Baltimore opener.
Stiller: There has been some reports that Dwyer is out of shape. What's your take?
Ed Bouchette: Since after seeing him on the first day Thursday, I described him as looking like a nose tackle, that was my take.
Stiller: Who do the Steelers like at right guard to start the season?
Ed Bouchette: It will be Ramon Foster vs. Doug Legursky, unless they move Willie Colon there.
Ed Bouchette: Thanks for the questions. Have to go shoot my video now.
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ranscript-8211

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default Re: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 8.2.11

nice write up..

loving saunders.. hoping he sticks
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Ed Bouchette comes off as a total douchebag in every interview. I hope he gets replaced soon.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

so much for everyone thinking Dwyer was the steal of the draft
Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
so much for everyone thinking Dwyer was the steal of the draft
He was the steal of the draft before the draft was even over...He came from a junk college offense...I saw this coming....Can you say cut?