Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Biggest Sports Tool You've Come Across

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
well that sucks about faulk. he always seems like such a character guy when you see him on tv. i havent met any atheletes but quite a few bands. faith no more were pretty much tools, but the scorpions were really nice, and let me pose with pictures with them on the set of a video shoot. kirk hammet was cool, death, and sepultura, as was fear factory (hung out with them on their tour bus and we talked for about 30 minutes about different bands we liked and all the cool ones they had toured with recently), .
I have met a few bands as well . I met the guys from Staind when they were coming off their tour bus outside a show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They were really cool. Lead singer Aaron Lewis you can tell he isn't fond of the fame that comes with stardom. He wasn't rude and didn't come off as a jerk. He was just laid back and didn't understand why people make such a big deal about him. Plus he was higher then kite when I met him. The guys all signed autographs.

Same show I met the guys from Cold and Puddle of Mudd. The guys from Cold were not very friendly but they still signed autographs for everybody. The guys from Puddle of Mudd were very nice guys. This was back early in 2001 and I don't think Control was even released yet by Puddle of Mudd. I didn't know who they were at the time. But the guys from Puddle of Mudd were very cool. Wes the lead singer was handing out free tickets to teenage kids that didn't have tickets for the show.

The guys from Disturbed are complete jerks. I met them at Ozzfest one year and they were rude and acted like I'm a star and you can't talk to me. I got the chance to hang with Godsmack backstage after a concert. Sully Erna the lead singer is one crazy guy. Them guys can drink.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #22
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Eric Lindros

When the Oshawa Generals won the Memorial Cup (the Canadian Junior Hockey Championship) in 1990, he didn't bother to show up for the championship parade and ralley. At that time, Lindros was hyped to be next big thing the NHL (we know how that story turned out, ask anybody that follows the Philthydelphia Fylers) Anyways, some clown PR guy from the team joked that he couldn't be here and had something school related. This was like 6 PM. This was the biggest BS I ever heard, considering the entire team minus the Grieve brothers were there. Lindros stiffed the entire fans that came to get his autograph, considering the team gave away posters (with each individual player on it) at the ralley. I wanted his dam autograph on the poster as I managed to get everybody elses from the team. To this day, I can't stand him for this...even though he ended up coming to the Toronto Maple Leafs. I still have the poster minus his autograpgh below his picture.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #23
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

DR. J...It's been 10 years and I still can't stand that bastard. I'm from Augusta, GA and I was at the Masters Golf Tournament. I saw alot of other athletes that day and everyone was cool except that bum. It was me and my brother and he talked me up to go ask for an autograph. I went and said, "Excuse me, do you mind if I have your autograph"? He says, "Nah man, I'm just here to relax"! You know, I would've understood if there was a mob of people around him but he was just standing there by himself. Another thing is that I'm black and me and my brother were the only non-famous black people there. You'd think he would've took the time to just sign the damn paper. He doesn't owe me anything because I'm black and that's fine but don't just blow me off. Ok, I'm fine now...
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #24
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

I heard that in Dallas, Jackie Kennedy was EXTREMLY rude to a someone at the hospital.
I mean, I undertand her husband just got his head blown off, but really, these people get all famous and they cant stop and take time from their trivial pursuits to sit and chat for a while. Its all Me Me Me My Husband My Dress. sheeesh!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #25
Steel12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Thats really cool....had a buddy who was in a bar when Bruce Willis and two of his friends came in and hung out like he was "one of the guys"...
Faulk does come across like a "nice guy" when he is on Television ot on the Dan Patrick Show...but I guess when you are planning ahead for a commentator position and future paycheck ...you can put on the mask. TOTAL TOOL!!
Bruce Willis came to the UAE when I was there in 2003. He performed with his band. But before the show he was comin up to people shakin their hands and after the show, well, let's say there was a line of people waitin to meet him....there were no dudes in the line.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #26
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Ironhead Heyward, god rest his soul.

When I lived in Oakland, my apartment faced the house in which he and some other players lived. I was a working guy, and I had to be out of the house by 7AM; they were off season and party-hearty.

One morning at about 4AM, the stereo at their house started BLASTING, ridiculously loud, jolted me wide awake. It kept playing. I pulled on some sweats and went down to the fence that separated the properties, and as loud as I could yelled, "TURN THAT SH*T DOWN!!!!!!" A moment later the music stopped, and Ironhead wobbled out the door toward me. He walked right up to the fence, looked me in the eye, and said, "I'm gonna f***ing kill you." I stood there for a second and said, "If you kill me then I don't have to get up and go to work in three hours." He said it again. I said, "I don't want any trouble, just turn the music down so that I can sleep." He said something like, "I do whatever the f*** I want," and I said whatever and went back to bed. But he didn't turn the music back on.

I imagine, with all the good things said about him, that he matured after that. That was the early '80s, and there was a lot of drug use among Pittsburgh athletes then (Pirate Parrot and all). I'm sure he was coked to the gills. There were a lot of stories about his bad behavior when he was at Pitt; he wasn't someone you wanted to run across during those years.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #27
Steel12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Ironhead Heyward, god rest his soul.

When I lived in Oakland, my apartment faced the house in which he and some other players lived. I was a working guy, and I had to be out of the house by 7AM; they were off season and party-hearty.

One morning at about 4AM, the stereo at their house started BLASTING, ridiculously loud, jolted me wide awake. It kept playing. I pulled on some sweats and went down to the fence that separated the properties, and as loud as I could yelled, "TURN THAT SH*T DOWN!!!!!!" A moment later the music stopped, and Ironhead wobbled out the door toward me. He walked right up to the fence, looked me in the eye, and said, "I'm gonna f***ing kill you." I stood there for a second and said, "If you kill me then I don't have to get up and go to work in three hours." He said it again. I said, "I don't want any trouble, just turn the music down so that I can sleep." He said something like, "I do whatever the f*** I want," and I said whatever and went back to bed. But he didn't turn the music back on.

I imagine, with all the good things said about him, that he matured after that. That was the early '80s, and there was a lot of drug use among Pittsburgh athletes then (Pirate Parrot and all). I'm sure he was coked to the gills. There were a lot of stories about his bad behavior when he was at Pitt; he wasn't someone you wanted to run across during those years.

Tom
You are a very lucky man...lol
Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

the pirate parrot did coke???? holy crap! with that beak, he could snort more coke than corey dillon (not that dillon does coke but have you seen the size of dillons nose?)

you know the heads at parties hide their stash when the parrot walks walk through the door.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #29
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel12
Another thing is that I'm black and me and my brother were the only non-famous black people there.
This may be a little off topic, but what the hell does that have to do with anything?
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #30
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

hey! something just made me think of this. remember a few years ago when that player hit the mascot over the head with a bat? was that in Pittsburgh??
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote