Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,313
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 724
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Rooney's, Steelers Organization 6 Super Bowl Wins
Dumper 0 Super Bowl Wins

I think Steeler Nation will take the word of the Steelers Organization over dumper
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
Rooney's, Steelers Organization 6 Super Bowl Wins
Dumper 0 Super Bowl Wins

I think Steeler Nation will take the word of the Steelers Organization over dumper
I'm sure he'll dig up and link some conspiracy videos he found on YouTube to show that the Rooneys are intentionally spending too much against the cap as an excuse to not pay players more in free agency.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
How are you going to get plax the ball when Ben is running for his life because our line is in shambles? WR at this point in the game was just a luxury. We need to sure up the O-line and the secondary before we think about adding more WR's.
Oh yea? So show me the FA signings they've been making to do that.
Oops. Oh, and don't tell be by re-signing Colon and Ike. They were
already on the team that sucked at OL and DB to begin with.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
Rooney's, Steelers Organization 6 Super Bowl Wins
Dumper 0 Super Bowl Wins

I think Steeler Nation will take the word of the Steelers Organization over dumper
Ebitch # of cognitive, intelligent, insightful posts = 0
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
I agree with this opinion. I don't feel Plex is an automatic starter for us after being out of the game a while. And that $2-3M could go to perhaps sign a young OL or CB which are areas we need. Jets can have him...hopefully all the egos in that locker room will bring the team down.
OK, tell me when they do spend the $3 million on a decent O lineman or
CB. Then tell me what it all means when they don't.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
I'm sure he'll dig up and link some conspiracy videos he found on YouTube to show that the Rooneys are intentionally spending too much against the cap as an excuse to not pay players more in free agency.
Try to pay attention to avoid embarrassment. I never asserted they
"spend too much $ against the cap" as an excuse to not pay players.
If you are going to argue against something, at least argue what was
actually asserted, and not form some straw man argument that makes
you look like you just crapped in your pants in public.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Try to pay attention to avoid embarrassment. I never asserted they
"spend too much $ against the cap" as an excuse to not pay players.
If you are going to argue against something, at least argue what was
actually asserted, and not form some straw man argument that makes
you look like you just crapped in your pants in public.
Quote:
Because the Rooneys
_do_ purposely let their total salaries come up against the cap
so they have the excuse not to pay more.
Your words, not mine.

Here's an ad hominem for you as a bonus: YOU'RE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASS.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #18
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

And if.....and i say "If".....Plex would happen to suck from being out of football awhile, there would be the normal posers on here saying....Man im glad we didnt pick him up!
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,313
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 724
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

dumper

your posts are so well thought out.... i forgot you know everything...
if it was up to you we'd sign every fa out there... are you sure your not a eagles, or redskin fan?
wanting to signing anyone and everyone who espn hypes up




like i said earlier

Steelers 6
Dumper 0
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Your words, not mine.

Here's an ad hominem for you as a bonus: YOU'RE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASS.
"Let their salaries come up against the cap"

Vs.

"Rooneys are intentionally spending too much against the cap as an excuse to not pay players more in free agency."

Let me help you out here. The two statements do not assert the same
thing, but your inability to read and comprehend has you by the short
hairs, as it probably does in your attempt to earn as well. Not being
able to differentiate between two statements asserting varying
points is a problem. I never asserted the Rooneys "intentionally spend
too much" against the cap. That is full-blown retarded. They _do_ - as
was asserted - refuse to manage the cap in a way to create more space
under the cap. That is entire different than saying they "intentionally spend
too much."

If you aren't afraid to spend cash, you can find
cap space my using signing bonuses more frequently. Pgh has done a
little of that, but they could do more, but for some reason (take a guess)
choose not to use that technique as much as they could.

As long as they don't create too much cap space, they can use the
lack of cap space as an excuse to not spend as much, as, in this case,
for Plex. But, just keep living in your ad hominem world. It seems fitting
and quite appropriate for your level.

I would give you an ad hominem attack in response to yours, but it's just
not in accordance with my elevation. So, in the future, carefully peruse
assertions without making assumptions and your take will be far more
accurate.

I'm in the Burgh, TRICK

thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts