Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #31
PhantomJB93
Head Coach
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 1,828
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 217
Thanked 649 Times in 326 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

If anything, I'd argue the "real" fans are the ones who DON'T go to games in luxury suites...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #32
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,853
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 525
Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,056 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
If anything, I'd argue the "real" fans are the ones who DON'T go to games in luxury suites...
agreed,

i guess a majority of pittsburgh isn't real fans.

taking in a playoff game in the cold, snow and windy at heinz is what i would consider a "real fan" if were going strictly off attending games


how many people can really afford luxury seats, and season tickets?

i dont live near heinz field...
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,853
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 525
Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,056 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

and back to the what the topic was about

rather than having plax i think i'd rather have Randy Moss, if it was strictly based on production. maybe even gulp T.O
Randy Moss could be a deep threat, and he still a hell of an athlete
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #34
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Oh yea? So show me the FA signings they've been making to do that.
Oops. Oh, and don't tell be by re-signing Colon and Ike. They were
already on the team that sucked at OL and DB to begin with.



Ok and what do you think would happern if the steelers lost Ike? You'd rather have plaxico lining up at WR with Gay and Bmac as our starting corners? There are some decent linemen out there who are waiting for some teams. After they restructure some contracts and maybe make a few more cuts, they will be able to afford one.


This team has some superstars, and they're not cheap.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #35
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
agreed,

i guess a majority of pittsburgh isn't real fans.

taking in a playoff game in the cold, snow and windy at heinz is what i would consider a "real fan" if were going strictly off attending games


how many people can really afford luxury seats, and season tickets?

i dont live near heinz field...

I just spent like $1200 on some mediocre tickets and I really shouldnt have. I'm at the end of my deployment though and have had to wake up at 3 AM last season to watch their games. Figured I would treat myself and the wife since she's never been to a game.

I didnt get luxury boxes though, so im not a real fan. May as well just sell the tickets and memorabilia. I hear the jaguars have some cheap tickets, maybe I could be a superfan with them!
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,853
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 525
Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,056 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
I just spent like $1200 on some mediocre tickets and I really shouldnt have. I'm at the end of my deployment though and have had to wake up at 3 AM last season to watch their games. Figured I would treat myself and the wife since she's never been to a game.

I didnt get luxury boxes though, so im not a real fan. May as well just sell the tickets and memorabilia. I hear the jaguars have some cheap tickets, maybe I could be a superfan with them!
hahaha, i got a great kick out of that ., lmao jaguars , theyd have to give me 1200 to go watch them play..


what game are you going to?
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #37
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Luxury club seats are not behind glass. They are outside, just in case you didn't
know. It's the access to club that makes the seats amazing. The club is such an
awesome experience. Now _that's_ the way to do a Steelers' game. Club seats
are at the 200 level.

http://www.gotickets.com/venues/pa/heinz_field.php

The tics often come with a parking pass that puts you next
to the stadiums (where the players park) and a pre-game tail gate, with mad free
food and booze, under a closed off tent. They have fresh carved roast beef, lamb,
etc. All free. Totally sweet.

Oh, and I never paid for those seats. Been comped every time. But I would pay
for them; they are worth it, especially if you only make a few games a year.

I have also been to a plethora of games sans the club seats. Loved it all, but now,
I kind of am spoiled with the club seats.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #38
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
Ok and what do you think would happern if the steelers lost Ike?
Why? Are the two mutually exclusive? The Jets signed Holmes AND
a bunch of other free agents that they added to their team as well.
You act as if Pgh could only do one or the other, but that assertion is
not logical or based in truth.


You'd rather have plaxico lining up at WR with Gay and Bmac as our starting corners?

When did I assert that? Another case of a straw man argument.
Quote:

This team has some superstars, and they're not cheap.
But Jets or Eagles did not? Wow. I had no idea those teams were
void of star players before the free agency went down. I must be out
of touch.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #39
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
agreed,

i guess a majority of pittsburgh isn't real fans.

taking in a playoff game in the cold, snow and windy at heinz is what i would consider a "real fan" if were going strictly off attending games


how many people can really afford luxury seats, and season tickets?

i dont live near heinz field...
Ok, I have been to a myriad of play off games, sitting in the cold, outside.
How many have you been to?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #40
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post


That's all this is. The only thing worse than a complete ignoramus is a condescending one who labors under the illusion that they possess some great intellect. Hint: you don't.
Hint: You're just a bench warmer.

thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts