Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #51
solardave
Assistant Coach
 
solardave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,120
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13734
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Why would we pay 3 mil, guarenteed to a guy who has been out of football for 2 years and has questionable attitude?
I am glad he is with the loud mouth Jets. I have confidence our front office knows what they are doing. We have, after all been to 3 Super bowls the last 6 years without having to make this kind of signing. Desparate teams reach, I don't believe we are desparate. Sanders is injured and may or may not require surgery, I am sure someone else will step up in his place.
Just my opinion.
For what it's worth my opinion too. We don't need him. Say what you want about the Rooney family being cheap. We still win!!! Everyone with any sense copies what we do and they are winning too. LONG TERM is the way to go. Not that Daniel Snyder BS where you try to buy a SB.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #52
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

In case you missed it, I didn't even bring up anything about being a real
fan, others did. They claimed that since I wanted Plex, I must play Madden
football instead of being a "real fan." So, take it up with them.

And I disagree that WR is not a concern. Do you realize what our current unit
features in terms of healthy bodies in camp? We might have to actually rely
on Sweed, even if he looks just as shitty as usual.

Sanders has a bum, and possibly chronic, foot. Hines has bad thumb. Brown
is not a legit 1 or 2 or even 3. El is gone. What's that leave us with?

Wallace, who basically still can only run a 9 route. Barely see him running
anything else.

So, we will have Wallace on one side, running a 9 route all the time and on the
other side have Sweed, who will drop whatever route he does run. And a still
very green Brown at slot. That would be the worst WR unit in the NFL>.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #53
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by solardave View Post
For what it's worth my opinion too. We don't need him. Say what you want about the Rooney family being cheap. We still win!!! Everyone with any sense copies what we do and they are winning too. LONG TERM is the way to go. Not that Daniel Snyder BS where you try to buy a SB.
I guess I should resign to the fact that I have to repeat this
forever. There ________________IS_______________ a middle
ground between operating as Danny Snyder and what the Rooneys
do. It's not that you have to be one or the other, there is middle ground
that could be superior to what either does.

The Rooney always make sure they are snug to the cap, so they can
appear to have little options in signing a few free agents. Truth be known,
they could make a little more effort to find more room, but they choose not
to, with most fans being duped into thinking they have no other choice.
Bottom line is, they don't like the taste of having to dish out cash up
front in signing bonuses. The more than can avoid that, the happier
they are.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #54
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hint: You're just a bench warmer.

Hint:

Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #55
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,534
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Umm, in case you missed it, we lost the Super Bowl last year.
And, in case you didn't realize it, REAL Steeler fans do not consider
losing the SB an acceptable thing. Follow the team for a few more
decades and maybe you will get it. Also, it's "appearances" not "apperances."

EB is obviously NOT a high school grad, yet.
lol right there you brought it up... when i said you were a closet raven fan... forgot so soon?
ebsteelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #56
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,534
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

o and by the way plax is already got a tweak, whatd that take all of 20 seconds
ebsteelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #57
tucker6
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 121
Member Number: 12833
Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Sad that people like Thumper exist in Steeler Nation, if indeed he is part of the Nation. You have to trust the organization and people that have won the SB six times, and been to two others. That's a sure sign of excellence, and I do not question the football IQ of any Rooney. Period. I've moved on from Plax, and so should all of us. We'll have 53 other men to worry about come opening game.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #58
Rick5895
Team President
 
Rick5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St.Thomas, ontario , canada
Posts: 2,158
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5148
Thanks: 24
Thanked 72 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Sad that people like Thumper exist in Steeler Nation, if indeed he is part of the Nation. You have to trust the organization and people that have won the SB six times, and been to two others. That's a sure sign of excellence, and I do not question the football IQ of any Rooney. Period. I've moved on from Plax, and so should all of us. We'll have 53 other men to worry about come opening game.

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #59
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Why? Are the two mutually exclusive? The Jets signed Holmes AND
a bunch of other free agents that they added to their team as well.
You act as if Pgh could only do one or the other, but that assertion is
not logical or based in truth.


You'd rather have plaxico lining up at WR with Gay and Bmac as our starting corners?

When did I assert that? Another case of a straw man argument.


But Jets or Eagles did not? Wow. I had no idea those teams were
void of star players before the free agency went down. I must be out
of touch.


Majority of those guys are one their first contract and less costly. Give these teams a few years and theyre going to have serious cap issues.

It's not a straw man argument either. They dont have the money and it isnt because the reasons you mentioned. No idea why you're such a bitter person. You need a hug, buddy? This is a one time offer.


EBST - The Ravens game!!!!
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #60
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,534
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

ebst?
ebsteelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts