Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,649 Times in 4,009 Posts
Default Re: Passers get stats, QBs get results

other than one drive (the final one of the game), bradys numbers werent the greatest in his 1st sb.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Who would you have in the No.2 position?

My only concern when ranking QB's is who I would like leading my team out in a playoff game or a SB.

There is a definite shortage of alite QB's in the game at the moment, which is why guys like Manning get elevated so high based upon regular season stats.

I can honestly say, that if I couldnt have Brady QB'ing my team in the post-season i would have Ben - hence why I rank him No.2

NM
Well I won't argue that your wrong with putting Ben at number 2. Actually I see your point and you make a really good point. Trust me I don't want any other QB to lead my Steelers. Not saying Ben is better then Tom Brady. But I'm a big fan of Ben's and he is the perfect QB for our team. I just want to wait a few years before putting Ben that high. But like I said I can't say that your wrong.

Who I would put at number 2. Its tough it really is. I think when a QB does dominate like Peyton Manning does in the regular season that it has to count for something. Trust me I think Manning is vastly overrated by many fans especially Colts fans. But he has a strong case to be the number 2. I think D. McNabb should be in the conversation as well. McNabb is a very good QB and has played in a Super Bowl.

Trent Green has been a very good QB. Matt Hasselback has been coming on very strong the last few years.

If Ben has a very strong year and if the Steelers do happen to repeat yea I would put Ben number 2. The fact of the matter is he is only entering his third year. Thats the only thing keeping me from putting Ben that high. His experience and age.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
other than one drive (the final one of the game), bradys numbers werent the greatest in his 1st sb.
Very good point and true. Tom Brady didn't have a legendary game his first Super Bowl. I think he had 170 yards and 1 TD with no picks. But his other two Super Bowls and with the things he has accomplished in his career is why I rank him number 1.

Our man Ben is off to a very good start in his career. If Ben wins more Super Bowls like Brady did I would have no problem putting Ben up there with Brady as best QB in the NFL.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

theres a good arguement that Bens 2nd season was a whole lot better than Brady's in 2002 ( i know i know, that was Brady's 3rd technically, but Brady didnt play his first so humor me)
But Brady really upped his game in 2003, where the long pass was a big problem for him in 2002, he worked and worked and worked on it that entire offseason and became a really great QB during that 15 game winning streak. So for Ben to keep up "in the graph" he'd need to really step it up in 2006.
But i agree with LITP, who would be #2 if not Ben. id take him over Manning,McNabb,Delhomme. Id go with Palmer at #3 for his potential alone, whiny bitching aside.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #15
dawson36
Water Boy

Member Number: 2368

i honestly think that last year ben had a better season then brady
Old 05-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
other than that.......

there we go with numbers again. Brady did everything he was supposed to do in that game to allow the Patriots to have a chance to win against a more talented team. He managed the game. He made zero errors. Sounds like something anyone could have done, but most QB's wouldnt have handled it. And when he was unleashed at the end of both halfs, he was terrific. The numbers werent great, but like the gist of the thread says, the bottom line is the victory.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote