Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,416 Posts
Default What makes you a "Real Steeler Fan"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
You enjoy the real Steelers? How many games have you been to? Ever
have season tickets? Ever have tickets for the luxury box seats?
thats what dumper things makes you a real fan.

i disagree 1000%.

im wondering what steeler fever thinks makes you a real fan?

i'd say number 1) knowing the history and tradition of the steelers, and Rooney family

if your taking in a game, 2) going in the cold, windy, snow, how football is suppose to be played, no fancy luxury box seats, that a majority of cant afford, and if even if we could wouldnt want to.

3) bleeding black and gold,

there obviously hundreds of things, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

so what else makes you a "real steeler fan"?
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: What makes you a "Real Steeler Fan"??

With the way things are today, Layoffs, closings, economy, just being able to stand out at the gate would be a luxury to me about now!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

knowing who Weegie Thompson is
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post

i disagree 1000%.

i'd say number 1) knowing the history and tradition of the steelers, and Rooney family

if your taking in a game, 2) going in the cold, windy, snow, how football is suppose to be played, no fancy luxury box seats, that a majority of cant afford, and if even if we could wouldnt want to.

Wow, it's a number of things for me.

I've seen my father work for every single last tiny little itsy bitsy crumb we've ever had in our house. I've seen him go to work through 16 hour shifts at Steel Mills with bronchitis, fevers, banged up knees and broken bones. Nothing ever stopped him from going to work to provide.

I'm so proud to be from a city like Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh represents the working blue collar man like my father and the pride in our football team represents who we are as a city.

When Steelers Sundays come around, our world inside our family stops. The unexplained nature of a Steelers win or loss determines my mood for my week, Monday through Friday. When the team loses, all of Pittsburgh loses.

The Steelers bring my family together and the relationships that stem from a Steelers victory sure is incredible when you throw away the harms and how tiring this world can be.

Every Steelers sack that pummels a quarterback into the dirt represents how hard we tackle our pay-check to pay-check living.

Every touchdown we score represents Pittsburgh in all our accomplishments we succeeded in everyday work life to put food on the table for our family.

And every bruising run from our style of our grind it out running back represent the never say die attitude of a Pittsburgher.

IMHO, we are all Pittsburgh Steelers. We represent the hard working man and woman, past and present. No other teams fans are Colts. No other teams fans are Eagles. No other teams fans are Rams. No other teams fans are Ravens.

We all are Steelers. That's why I'm a diehard.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
knowing who Weegie Thompson is

I guess what makes you a real Steelers fan is the same thing that makes you a real fan of any team ... if you watch and care about them even when they suffer through losing seasons. It's easy to be a fan of a team when they're good and winning all the time. But if you remain a fan, watching and caring, year after year of losing seasons ... then you're a real fan. But if you stop watching and caring after your team strings together numerous losing or sub-par seasons, then you're not a real fan.

Younger Steelers fans haven't had to endure this yet. But if you're an older Steelers fan and continued to bleed Black and Gold throughout the 80s and early 90s, then you're a real Steelers fan.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

Real Steelers fans have fond memories of Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, Mark Malone, Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell.
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #7
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post

i disagree 1000%.

Don't mind him. Vulcans will never understand the emotions that go along with being a real steelers fan. To them football is all about logic, and signing free agents because it makes your team better on paper. Remove the human side and use sound business decisions to win a championship. If somehow his vulcan counterparts could infiltrate an NFL franchise like the Steelers they would be unstoppable. Dynasty would not begin to describe the dominance exhibited with such a brilliant mind at the helm. All teams would shiver at the thought of playing against a team captained by such raw exuberance, such pure intelligence....there would be no stopping them. BUT... thank goodness we live in reality where guys like thumper will NEVER run a professional football team...oh wait, maybe dan snyder and jerry jones (and most recently Jeff Lurie and Woody Johnson) are secretly part of the vulcan empire that will reign down upon the NFL with a wrath that rivals Kahn's.

Wait that sounds an awful lot like Kuhn.... could he be the F/A signing that pushes us into dominance mode for the next millennium?

Stainless Still great post
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,288 Times in 651 Posts

Super Bowl XXX still bothers me.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #9
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Remembering how bad the Steelers were in 1969 when I first started watching them and loving that smash them in the mouth style of football. They sucked but everyone knew they were going to beat the crap out of the other team. And then the drafts that Chuck Knoll pulled off and the Immaculate Reception still etched in my memory as a teen that turned the Steelers into a legitimate contender for years to come. When they started losing in the 80s and 90s, I lived and breathed the Steelers and suffered with every loss and the mediocre QBs we had to endure. But that didn't matter because Black and Gold is the "ONLY TEAM". I get bored watching other teams play and the Steelers are not on. Steelers bye week seems to go on FOREVER.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #10
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

The fact that even though I live in Montreal and I'm surrounded by dumb pats and bills fans....I still feel like home when I go to Pittsburgh each year to watch the Steelers at Heinz Field.(been doing that for 7 years now)

also last year I went to the Raymond James Stadium for the game between the Steelers and Bucs with my friend who is a Bucs fan
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote