Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default clownboy bengals fan......

...the other thread has gotten way of topic, and i have simply forgotten what the hell it is youre thumping your chest about on a steelers board.

are you crowing over dreams, hopes, and tossing pennies in wishing wells?

please tell me youre not here to sing the accolades of a heisman winning qb on a national championship calibur team, who had to sit and learn for a year, who probably doesnt have a .600 winning%, to fans of a team with a qb who in his 2nd year has won the ring that counts, while posting an .871 winning %, and didnt need a year holding the clipboard for kitna to do so.

you are a joke.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #2
Bengal Fan
Banned

Member Number: 2364
Default Re: clownboy bengals fan......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
...the other thread has gotten way of topic, and i have simply forgotten what the hell it is youre thumping your chest about on a steelers board.

are you crowing over dreams, hopes, and tossing pennies in wishing wells?

please tell me youre not here to sing the accolades of a heisman winning qb on a national championship calibur team, who had to sit and learn for a year, who probably doesnt have a .600 winning%, to fans of a team with a qb who in his 2nd year has won the ring that counts, while posting an .871 winning %, and didnt need a year holding the clipboard for kitna to do so.

you are a joke.

Actually it's .647, and he didn't need to play his rookie year. Please don't tell me Ben is a better QB than Palmer. He's a great QB and controls the offense, but he isn't asked to do what Carson does. When Ben's had to throw to win, his percentage drops severely. Case and point, his rookie year that you mentioned.
Bengal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Fan
Case and point, his rookie year that you mentioned.
What was Carson's completion percentage during his rookie year? Zero.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
He's a great QB and controls the offense, but he isn't asked to do what Carson does.
OK, If you are refering to carrying the weight of the entire Bengals organization? You notice I didnt say the entire team because the Bengals dont show any teamwork. Carson is forced to try and make plays with freelancing receivers, who do more harm than good, with lackluster linesmen that provide him little if any protection.

IF you want to talk about IF's, I would say IF the guards had actually tried to block Kimo, Carson wouldnt even be in the situation he's in.

So you're right...Ben doesnt have to deal with that.

You asked, we answered. We Dey.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Bengal Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop
OK, If you are refering to carrying the weight of the entire Bengals organization? You notice I didnt say the entire team because the Bengals dont show any teamwork. Carson is forced to try and make plays with freelancing receivers, who do more harm than good, with lackluster linesmen that provide him little if any protection.

IF you want to talk about IF's, I would say IF the guards had actually tried to block Kimo, Carson wouldnt even be in the situation he's in.

So you're right...Ben doesnt have to deal with that.

You asked, we answered. We Dey.
Not one word of your post has any truth, that might be the worst post I've ever seen. The receivers don't freelance, Chad and TJ run great routes. If the receivers did more harm than good, how in the world did Carson lead the league in TD's & completion percentage? That's just plain stupid. And to your point about the line, where have you been? The Bengals have one of the top 3 or 4 lines in the NFL. The only line that gave up fewer sacks was Indy, and that was only 1 fewer.

Take off the blinders moron, you don't know football, you just know you like the Steelers. Anyone who believes your post is an absolute moron and has no business even discusing how football really works, or who is good and who is bad. You're a piss poor excuse for a football fan.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Actually it's .647, and he didn't need to play his rookie year. Please don't tell me Ben is a better QB than Palmer. He's a great QB and controls the offense, but he isn't asked to do what Carson does. When Ben's had to throw to win, his percentage drops severely. Case and point, his rookie year that you mentioned.
You mean that rookie year where Ben didn't lose a single game until the AFC Championship Game against the defending Super Bowl Champion Patriots?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
Bengal Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
You mean that rookie year where Ben didn't lose a single game until the AFC Championship Game against the defending Super Bowl Champion Patriots?
Actually I mean the final game of his rookie year, yes, the game they lost. The game that he actually had to throw the ball in.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Exactly. Kid has a ring already and yet you still have jealous morons bashing the kid. It's to be expected. Specially from idiots who's team hasn't done jack shit the last fifteen years and recently jumped back on the team wagon. It's typical.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Bengal Fan
Banned

First of all, I rode out those 15 years and it sucked ass. I'm no bandwagon jumper, but what happened 15 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with the 2006 Bengals, none of these guys were even around then. And all I said is that Carson is a better QB. Hooray for Ben, he was fortunate enough to land on a team that had a good running game and great defense. Your super bowl victory is hardly any indication of how good Ben is. He's good, but not the reason you won a super bowl, so get off his nuts.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Actually I mean the final game of his rookie year, yes, the game they lost. The game that he actually had to throw the ball in.
There were a few games in that season he had to throw the ball to win dumbass.

Not to mention he had one hell of a playoff run in the games at Cinci,Indy,and Denver.His arm helped us come back in Cincy and was a big reason we jumped out to huge leads in Indy and Denver.

But seeing how you're a bandwagon jumper,you probally turned off the game after Palmer went down and didn't watch the rest of the playoffs.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins

Last edited by RoethlisBURGHer; 05-27-2006 at 02:43 PM.
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote