Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #111
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,930 Times in 3,003 Posts
Default Re: Santonio Holmes Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'm sure that Cowher and Colbert were incredibly impressed by Chad Jackson's ability to stand in the middle of a field with no pads and catch some balls...however, his 10 YPC average which was 600th "best" in the nation, probably meant more, well, actually, that would be "less", to them.
not to defend a pat but didnt c. jackson average like 22 yards a catch the year before he was thrown into a whole different offensive scheme his final season in college?

before what i posted is questionned let me post a link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...r%3fid%3d10316

sure it is only 28 catches, but 22 ypc is 22 ypc. (it appears to be in his sophmore season, but like always, i could be wrong)

Last edited by tony hipchest; 05-28-2006 at 08:17 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #112
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Pretty sure they have it well under control, no need for a Patsie fan to be concerned.
Well it would appear they haven't, unless you call getting arrested 'under control'.

We all have different standards I guess...
NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #113
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Santonio Holmes also had to adjust to a couple different offensive coordinators. His OC became the HC at Cincinnati (Bearcats, not Bungals). By the by, Santonio's numbers increased during the "transition". He also had to adjust to two different QB's.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #114
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,930 Times in 3,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Santonio Holmes also had to adjust to a couple different offensive coordinators. His OC became the HC at Cincinnati (Bearcats, not Bungals). By the by, Santonio's numbers increased during the "transition". He also had to adjust to two different QB's.
if we had passed on l. white for jackson or moss i wouldve been pissed. not with holmes though. the hubhub about holmes missing ota's and a little disorderly conduct (being black on a friday night) is much ado about nothing. holmes was the right pick and can very well develop into a top 5-10 wr in the next 3 years..
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #115
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Well it would appear they haven't, unless you call getting arrested 'under control'.

We all have different standards I guess...
NM
We all know that the Steelers Standards are some of the highest, whether or not your a Steelers fan, you have to applaud the Rooneys for setting such standards. As for Holmes getting arrested there is nothing the Steelers could do about that, but if the charges stick I`m not so sure that he will have a long career in the burgh. I would love to think that it was just wrong place wrong time, but I`m not defending him or his actions. I`ve seen everything in nightclubs, and have been involved in some fights many moons ago, but never got arrested. I hope this is an eyeopener for him, I know it doesn`t help his contract talks
Old 05-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #116
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
We all know that the Steelers Standards are some of the highest, whether or not your a Steelers fan, you have to applaud the Rooneys for setting such standards. As for Holmes getting arrested there is nothing the Steelers could do about that, but if the charges stick I`m not so sure that he will have a long career in the burgh. I would love to think that it was just wrong place wrong time, but I`m not defending him or his actions. I`ve seen everything in nightclubs, and have been involved in some fights many moons ago, but never got arrested. I hope this is an eyeopener for him, I know it doesn`t help his contract talks
Even if the charges stick, it is nothing serious enough to not make him last in the burgh. He was a jerk to a cop. He wasn't drunk, didn't have a gun, didn't have drugs, didn't hit the cop. He swore at a cop.

South Beach cops are coming down hard, they have arrested over 557 people since Thursday.

Heck, Marvel Smith was caught with Pot in college and again when he was a Steeler a couple years back. He was resigned without a second thought.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #117
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

This is a bunch of bullshit. Santonio did absolutely nothing.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #118
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Hey Cleve,

you know that you and I are on the same page when it comes to the Steelers organisation in general!

Im sure someone will have a word with him if he needs it - as you say its real easy to get into trouble in nightclubs and bars - me and some friends got thrown out of a bar in LA during a short stay and I know all about their 'zero tolerance' policy.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:05 AM   #119
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I don't believe that Holmes was arrested simply for being a jerk towards a police officer. It was reported that he was initially interrupting the flow of vehicular traffic. Somebody had to do something about it and it was the obligation of the police officer to act upon it. When the officer told him to get out of the road, Holmes reportedly became a jerk. If a police officer pulled me over and told me to slow down and I, in turn, began acting like a jerk, then I would expect to get a ticket. The officer may not have had any intentions on arresting Holmes but Holmes and his big mouth convinced the officer that the arrest was warranted and necessary. Factor in his mother who seemingly lied about Holmes' whereabouts on the night in question and I would have say that this incident isn't passing the smell test and I'm not smelling pig if you know what I mean.

We can downplay this as a minor little Disorderly conduct arrest but the bigger picture tells me that Holmes may have a problem with taking orders from authority figures. Ummm, I'm sorry to tell you this Mr. Holmes but you will be receiving plenty of orders from authoritative coaches when football camp begins. I hope that he learns something from all of this.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #120
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

i dunno. i think this indicates that the Steelers are going to regret this draft choices for many, many years to come. Who are they going to get to replace Holmes when he goes to prison?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote