Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #31
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: Santonio Holmes Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
was he? i didnt know that. there goes his career in broadcasting and politics. oh wait.....

Yep. Him his brother, and two other guys. The charges were dropped, and he and the other guys sued the city for false arrest, defamation, etc; he missed the first few weeks of training camp in '79 for the trial, won something like $150k.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #32
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:
let me clarify (not that it really needs any clarification). NOT talking shit about your OWN players shows loyalty. especially when you dont know all the facts.
Oh, I understand now! You can't talk trash on your own team without knowing the facts, but other teams are fair game to trash talk on without knowing facts. Gotchya'
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #33
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

It's one thing if a pro athlete is arrested for rape or a major felony...it's an entirely different matter for disorderly conduct.

Do I need to remind anyone that OJ Simpson was as guilty as Jeffrey Dahmer, but got off?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,949 Times in 4,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
Oh, I understand now! You can't talk trash on your own team without knowing the facts, but other teams are fair game to trash talk on without knowing facts. Gotchya'
oh, we can (koopa does all the time) most just choose not to. all other 31 teams are open season in my book. (not to say i'd start bashing ladainian tomlinson if he were arrested for being black though) depends on the player and team.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #35
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
It's one thing if a pro athlete is arrested for rape or a major felony...it's an entirely different matter for disorderly conduct.

Do I need to remind anyone that OJ Simpson was as guilty as Jeffrey Dahmer, but got off?
jeffery dahmer "got off" too, but in a much sicker and demented way
Old 05-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #36
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I have heard nothing bad before about Santonio Holmes. So I wouldn't prejudge him before knowing all the facts. Like Suit said if he was busted for drugs, rape or pointing guns at people like Sean Taylor and Marcus Vick. Then I might throw up some red flags. I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #37
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I have heard nothing bad before about Santonio Holmes. So I wouldn't prejudge him before knowing all the facts. Like Suit said if he was busted for drugs, rape or pointing guns at people like Sean Taylor and Marcus Vick. Then I might throw up some red flags. I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.
your right. it will be forgotten.

didnt max starks get busted for some bar altercation b.s. right after the superbowl? a few weeks before his U.S.O. tour? nobodys talking about that, infact its pretty much been forgotten. how bout marvel smith being busted for pot smoke emminating from his hotel room while in tempe a few years back? didnt hurt us getting to the sb.

believe it or not the steelers actually employ humans.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #38
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.
Forget what?

Seriously, the pedestrian nature of this "crime" is revealed by the fact that Holmes was released after signing a piece of paper promising that he'd show up for court.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #39
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
that's not loyalty that's bias. i talk shit about players all the time. don't make me any less loyal, players come and go, but i'll always love the steelers.
This coming from someone who is somehow a fan of a team from Texas and Pittsburgh...
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #40
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
your right. it will be forgotten.

didnt max starks get busted for some bar altercation b.s. right after the superbowl? a few weeks before his U.S.O. tour? nobodys talking about that, infact its pretty much been forgotten. how bout marvel smith being busted for pot smoke emminating from his hotel room while in tempe a few years back? didnt hurt us getting to the sb.

believe it or not the steelers actually employ humans.
I didn't hear about Max Starks. But I do remember about Marvel Smith being busted for pot. Very good point that these players also being human. Some Steelers fans were shocked and ticked at Ben when those pictures hit the net early this year. I made some jokes about the pics. But Ben is 24 year old young man. He isn't doing nothing that alot of other 24 year young men are doing. So nothing to be shocked or mad at.

I'm sure the Steelers did alot of studing about Holme's character before the draft so no worries about Holmes for me. Plus when training camp starts I'm sure Cowher and players like Ward talk to Holmes and tell him since he is a pro athelete he is under and microscope and to avoid future situations like this. But I don't even know the details so I really shouldn't comment on it before knowing the facts.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote