Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #41
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default Re: Steelers @ Redskins Post Game Thread

Colon has gotten fat and even slower. And we re-signed this clown?
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557
My Mood: Twisted

GOOD LORD!!!! Why don't all you Debbie Downers who are so freaked out about last nights game do us all a favor and go ahead and jump off a bridge. People it was a PRESEASON GAME!!! That means that A. it doesn't count and B. the team still has time to practice and work on correcting their mistakes. If a preseason loss affects you that bad then maybe you should start watching soccer.
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #43
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,902 Times in 863 Posts
My Mood: Cool

i'm watching the game and it looks like Joe Montana and Barry Sanders are playing for the redskins
and for all of you that keep saying its only a preseason game i got news for you come week 1 we're still gonna have the same cornes and that scares the $hit out of me,if they could not improve in the off season what makes you think that they're gonna get better in the next 3 weeks
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #44
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,790 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
i'm watching the game and it looks like Joe Montana and Barry Sanders are playing for the redskins
and for all of you that keep saying its only a preseason game i got news for you come week 1 we're still gonna have the same cornes and that scares the $hit out of me,if they could not improve in the off season what makes you think that they're gonna get better in the next 3 weeks
My wild guess is the quality of the defense will improve when Polamalu and Harrison play - if not the chronic problems at corner will not be at the top of the list for what will be troubling this team

IMO it has been a choppy training camp due to the weather and some key players coming back from injuries - Tomlin has expressed his discontent with last night's effort and I assume practice this week will be more focused

That was not the kind of performance we were looking for or hoping for tonight. Quite frankly, we got outplayed in just about all areas blocking, tackling, running, throwing, kicking. That team was better prepared tonight than us, and they showed it. We accept that, and I look forward to this group responding to what we put out there tonight and understand that we have a lot of ground to cover. Such is life. Ill expect these guys to respond accordingly, and well go back to work, well assess this performance and it needs to be better quickly.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...a-02c757558edf

As I posted before, nothing counts until the Ravens game
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #45
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

If we see the same type of play against the eagles I'll begin to worry.....

The three biggest things we need to fix if we're going to avoid a SB Loss Hangover

1. Defense has to stop the run....they flat out got their asses handed to them last night, Our DL was stood up and pushed out of the way far too easily....This was by far the most disappointing thing....Teams aren't supposed to do that against the steelers

2. Pass Blocking....The lockout seems to have really screwed with this unit....Way too many free rushers....Hope they get the starting lineup decided on fast and get them a bunch of reps together

3. Corners....Watching William Gay get undressed by Moss on the very 1st pass just really pissed me off.....even though I knew it was coming.......This isn't the same league anymore....Goodell and Craft keep altering the rules to favor the Offense....The steelers better wake up and realize that you can't just hide corners out there anymore, we're going to need a depth of playmakers there to compete with the 4-5 Wide Arena Football Scoring BS that this league is turning into

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 08-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #46
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Pre-season aside. You have to be concerned about how man yards our starting D gave up. And they were out there long enough to get a handle on the game and they stopped the td. But man they gave up a ton of yards, many on the ground.

Does anyone think the coaches were think 'eh it's just a preseason game'? Not for a second they were all pissed about how bad they were
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #47
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
Pre-season aside. You have to be concerned about how man yards our starting D gave up. And they were out there long enough to get a handle on the game and they stopped the td. But man they gave up a ton of yards, many on the ground.

Does anyone think the coaches were think 'eh it's just a preseason game'? Not for a second they were all pissed about how bad they were
How many points did the starting d give up?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #48
caplovestroyp43
Team Captain

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

As a rabid fan, I'd like to say I wasn't happy when I seen the score. SERIOUSLY?????????? Against the Redskins???????

"BIG MEN AND BIG BLADES OF GRASS..."
caplovestroyp43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #49
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,790 Times in 2,676 Posts

Some post-game tweets from Ryan Clark

@RealRClark25 ryan clark
Relax my friends. Last night was a preseason game and we played as such. We actually went full pads the day b4. We'll be fine! No SB in Aug

@RoyaltyxMarie: Well...defense needs a lot of work...A LOT. Thank you for your expert opinion. We'll take it under consideration

@Lewk24: @RealRClark25 y'all didn't look too good yesterday. I can't have that. I'm super concerned about what YOU can't have. Trust me

http://twitter.com/#!/RealRClark25
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #50
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

More than any other coach, Mike Shanahan tries to win these games. He scripts his plays to attack the opponents weakness and leaves his starters in longer.

More than any other team, the Steelers script their plays to learn how their players will respond and provide experience, with little regard to the opponent and their weaknesses.

There are a lot of short memories on this site. Our starting D usually looks lackluster in the preseason, not just because Troy and James were out. But because coach Lebeau plays a fairly vanilla package. When they bring the heat in the preseason, it's not the complicated zone blitz packages that kick ass in the post season, but it's the basic LB rush.

When you're just a play or two away from a 3rd championship in 6 years, you normally don't go crazy by making over corrections ... you really want to make those minor tweaks to get you back on top. That's what I've seen this team do this off season. As far as this preseason game against the Skins ... I'm totally not concerned.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote