Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default X-Men Last Stand

Went to the movies today and saw it 1.5 times today. It was very good probally the best one of the three. About the 1.5 times. I went earlier today to see it and half way through the movie the fire alarm in the thearter went off. My two buddies that I went with and I were like what the f#ck. So they had clear everybody out and let the fireman makes sure everything was safe and no fires. Turns out it was a prank. So the thearter issued free passes to everyone that was in the place. So just got back from seeing the rest of it which I had to sit through the begining again.

It was funny though sitting watching the movie and all of sudden the fire alarm went off. Never have had that happened to me before at the movies. Just thought I would share that with you all.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default Re: X-Men Last Stand

the previews look killer. definitely a must see for me.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the previews look killer. definitely a must see for me.
Dude it was really good. If you liked the first two films this one is better then the first two. At least I think so. Go check it out its worth it. I was pissed when the fire alarm went off though.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I saw it today. It definitely had more action and more SPFX than the first two, but I liked all 3 in different ways. I will say this (sort of a spoiler), they have NO fear of killing off major characters...three major characters from the first 2 movies end up dead by the end of "Last Stand", with three more stripped of their mutations.

My biggest complaint was Angel (which I know from the comics as Avenging Angel). Every scene he was in was all gayed up...the character added nothing to the movie, and, he was really......well, there's no other way to say it, he was just gay.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
tony hipchest

i remember way back in pre production, when glenn danzig was actually considered as the part of wolverine. (this is back when the 1st production of fantastic 4 was scrapped) glenn did have the perfect build and knowledge of the character. it became a much higher budgeted effort for a singer to be playing one of the lead roles though.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I have no complaints with they way Hugh Jackman portrays Wolverine...some of the other liberties they took I'm not as happy about, but, you know, it happens.

I'm much more worried about Spiderman 3.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I have no complaints with they way Hugh Jackman portrays Wolverine...some of the other liberties they took I'm not as happy about, but, you know, it happens.

I'm much more worried about Spiderman 3.
other than hugh jackmans height, i think he is a perfect wolverine and he brings a pretty big name to the movie (plus plenty of acting experience) something glenn has none of. when glenn was approached, was long before marvel really had their foot in the door of hollywood.

this was several years after dolph lundgren was playing "the punisher". even john travolta wouldnt sniff that movie back then.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Actually, I think X Men was Jackman's big break...he was pretty much unknown before that.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I saw it today. It definitely had more action and more SPFX than the first two, but I liked all 3 in different ways. I will say this (sort of a spoiler), they have NO fear of killing off major characters...three major characters from the first 2 movies end up dead by the end of "Last Stand", with three more stripped of their mutations.

My biggest complaint was Angel (which I know from the comics as Avenging Angel). Every scene he was in was all gayed up...the character added nothing to the movie, and, he was really......well, there's no other way to say it, he was just gay.
so did they do this casue this is the last movie?? or will their be more parts with different ppl???

i probably won't get to see the movie till it comes out on dvd, but it does look badass
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Again, not to play spoiler, but the very last scene of the movie leaves a HUGE opening for X-Men 4, but it would be minus a few major players.

Considering how much $$$ this franchise continues to generate, I see no reason why they won't keep making them.