Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Tony Hills ready to start at RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Well said. Wow, you didn't like Kraig Urbik when they drafted him. Okay, what did you think of Mike Wallace when they drafted him? What about Aaron Smith? Ike Taylor? Antonio Brown? Brett Keisel? Stevenson Sylvester? Did you even know who Baron Batch was?
I still have no idea who Baron Batch is and don't care. I was hoping for Noel Devine.

And for your info, I loved the 2010 draft. Every single player we drafted except for Worilds (check previous threads or the SA forum...same username). I was screaming for the FO to take Tate/Cody. Sanders was a reach but I thought he was a solid prospect even though he came from a small school with all of his receptions and amazing combine.

And I'm glad you threw in Antonio Brown. Why don't you check out the last few threads of me saying why Brown should be the #2 receiver over Ward. Glad your taking my lead in jumping on the bandwagon
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #32
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
YOu may or may not have called Urbik a bust, but even if you did that's not exactly a huge accomplishment. Also keep in mind that the "bust" in question actually started a few games last year and is listed as the starting RG this year.

The Steelers coaching staff isn't the know all end all of the NFL; however, they certainly have more insight than you.

He sucks.

Him and Frank Summers are absolute bums. Oh and that Raptor-armed AQ Shipley too. Three players I totally despised before we drafted them. The 2009 draft was wretched. They lucked out on Wallace.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #33
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Wow, maybe I should have said reading comprehension is fundamental.
Only the "well said" was addressed to you. The rest of my post was a follow-up on yours. My reading comprehension was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I still have no idea who Baron Batch is and don't care. I was hoping for Noel Devine.
Well, evidently Devine is a free agent right now after the Eagles waived him following signing him as an undrafted free agent. The front office must be blind for not scooping him up.

Quote:
And for your info, I loved the 2010 draft. Every single player we drafted except for Worilds (check previous threads or the SA forum...same username). I was screaming for the FO to take Tate/Cody. Sanders was a reach but I thought he was a solid prospect even though he came from a small school with all of his receptions and amazing combine.
Jason Worilds has done about as much as Golden Tate and Terrence Cody have done so far, especially with respect to what they were expected to do immediately after they were drafted. I've heard a lot more disappointment than excitement over Tate from Seahawk fans. And Worilds wasn't taken to make an immediate impact. He is in the process still of transitioning from a college DE. And he did show great awareness on a few plays during the Redskins game. There was one play in which Grossman was rolling to his left with a back I believe coming out of the backfield, but Worilds maintained his position instead of biting on either the back or the QB and forced an incompletion, if my memory is correct. That's just an example of his game progressing from a mental standpoint.

Quote:
And I'm glad you threw in Antonio Brown. Why don't you check out the last few threads of me saying why Brown should be the #2 receiver over Ward. Glad your taking my lead in jumping on the bandwagon
I'm not sure if you're willfully misunderstanding me, but my point was regarding the time of the draft, not what you make of Antonio Brown right now. You would indeed be one of very few people I'm sure that were excited after the Steelers selected Brown, and certainly the only one calling for him to be the #2 receiver. My point is that it's a lot easier to blame an organization for their busts than to praise them for their boons on draft day and to admit that you didn't know shit at the time. about a draft pick that turned out to be great.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The Thump ain't no chump, matter of fact he is like Trump:
mad rhymes and sick beats.

...even though he's still suckling on mommas teats.
dumper... youre a rapper for the crapper, but thanks so much for providing the laughture.

[YOUTUBE]T-3Iq3XQkAw[/YOUTUBE]

i like how the steelers show patience and faith in their convictions. while it may not work out well for someone like sweed, it very well could turn out great for someone like hills.

if you follow more teams than just the steelers you see it happen around the league every year.

coach kugler really seems to be proving himself as a great hire every day.

russ grimm woulda still had flozell and starks on this roster, and larry Z woulda still still been expecting them to coach themselves.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #35
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The Thump ain't no chump, matter of fact he is like Trump:.
Just like the Trump, you think you're smarter than you actually are.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #36
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Only the "well said" was addressed to you. The rest of my post was a follow-up on yours. My reading comprehension was fine.

Well, evidently Devine is a free agent right now after the Eagles waived him following signing him as an undrafted free agent. The front office must be blind for not scooping him up.

Jason Worilds has done about as much as Golden Tate and Terrence Cody have done so far, especially with respect to what they were expected to do immediately after they were drafted. I've heard a lot more disappointment than excitement over Tate from Seahawk fans. And Worilds wasn't taken to make an immediate impact. He is in the process still of transitioning from a college DE. And he did show great awareness on a few plays during the Redskins game. There was one play in which Grossman was rolling to his left with a back I believe coming out of the backfield, but Worilds maintained his position instead of biting on either the back or the QB and forced an incompletion, if my memory is correct. That's just an example of his game progressing from a mental standpoint.

I'm not sure if you're willfully misunderstanding me, but my point was regarding the time of the draft, not what you make of Antonio Brown right now. You would indeed be one of very few people I'm sure that were excited after the Steelers selected Brown, and certainly the only one calling for him to be the #2 receiver. My point is that it's a lot easier to blame an organization for their busts than to praise them for their boons on draft day and to admit that you didn't know shit at the time. about a draft pick that turned out to be great.
I thought everyone in that class was a solid pick outside of Worilds. The same applies to this years class. I couldn't of asked for a better first 3 rounds. You can't say, "Worilds has done just as much as (insert player on another team)," because the scenarios are different. Tate plays with us, he has a franchise QB and takes over Emmanuel Sanders playing time. Without a doubt Tate is a better receiver than Sanders. Cody would have been worked in with Hampton easily and we could have parted with Hoke.

In 2009, I didn't like any of our picks. I was familiar with most of the draftees and all knew they would not pan out in the pros, especially Kraig Urbik and fat Frank Summers. I wasn't even high on the Ziggy pick. I didn't think he'd fit our 3-4 but he was probably the BPA next to Rey Maualuga(who we should have drafted in the first). He may have proved me wrong with the way he played last season but he did have a steep learning curve, as expected. Cameron Heyward is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE.