Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,317 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: If Eli is in Brady's class then where does Ben fall?

Schaub? how exactly?
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,317 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I def forgot about Matt Ryan - I'd switch him w/ Sanchez then. woops lol
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Schaub? how exactly?
His past 3 season have been great for the Texans. Threw for 4,300 yards and a 92 passer rating last year and almost 5,000 two years ago with a 98 passer rating. I don't see why he wouldn't be mentioned in the top 10. Especially over a guy like Sanchez who had ratings in the mid-70s for the past two years (spells mediocre) and completes less than 55 percent of his passes (god awful, especially when you had the weapons he had last year). Sanchez isn't even in the top 20 in terms of quarterback play. I guess the casual fan lumps him in with the good QBs because of how much he's in the media.

Eli Manning is in the same boat as Sanchez. I'd rank him in the mid-teens with his Super Bowl ring giving him a boost.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

Why is Vick even talked about in the top 10, there are 20 other guys I would take ahead of that puke! Just cause ESPN got his bandwagon jumped off and every other trendy football fan thought he was just great. His accuracy sucks, he has a canon for an arm, but always over throws people, he makes two reads and then runs for it. Nobody plays like Ben, that's why it's so hard to "rank" him, but he is easily one of the best to play the game. Brady, Rogers, Rivers, Manning, Ryan or any of the the other "elite" couldn't play in Pittsburgh, just couldn't fit it!
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,371 Times in 1,047 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

the best 6 in my opinion are and i'm not looking at their stats just at the way they manage the games
1a Brady
1b Manning
1c Rodgers
2- Brees
3 - Roethlisberger
4 - Rivers
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

Bens name will be in the mention,slightly of a top tier QB but being on a team thats known for running the ball hurts him a bit!Hes top 3 in my book!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Call me a homer, but I'd rank Ben #1. Now hear me out on this folks. He's the only MAN in that group and doesn't need the pansy ass rules the Commish uses to protect Marcia Brady and Patricia Manning. When Ben went face first into a car, then had emergency appendix surgery, how many games did he miss? The answer is: a lot less than those other p*ssies would have. Which d-bag on that list would have led his team in a come-from-behind playoff victory against one of the toughest defenses in the league ... with a broken foot and smashed nose? None. When the Patricheats O-line breaks down and Marcia Brady gets pressure, they lose. Remember Patricia Manning throwing her O-line under the bus after the Steelers buried them in a playoff game, by pronouncing: "You could say we had some protection problems". I love the violence of the game and our guy embraces that violence and wins, whereas the other chicks run, hide and lose. For those that are infatuated with the flash and prettiness of Marcia Brady's perfectly timed throws, well you can have her. I love seeing our QB looking like a rhino shaking off hungry lions as he leads his team in oh-so-many game winning drives. So I'd take Ben because, after all, to be a Steelers QB requires a jockstrap, not a training bra.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #18
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I disagree with Rodgers being in the top 5. If you look at his close game record, and until this year his playoff record, then you'll see that the only year that you could say he played like a top 5 is last year. That's great what he did, but Ben's been winning year after year, and when it matters he comes through, FOR YEARS. It's not enough to put a guy in a top 5 with the likes of Ben, Brady, or Manning over 1 impressive year. You can't just go off of stats either, clutch performance and wins are both equal to that. Which is why I can't for the life of me see why Brees is so high on so many lists. He's a really good QB, but I haven't seen many grade A performances from him and he's only been to (and won) one Super Bowl. River's stats are great, but on an excellent year they loose in the Divisional round, and it's usually in the wild card round. I know some of the greats like Dan Marino didn't win a championship and had bad playoff records and still had some clutch performances, the difference is Ben does it a few times a year not a few times a career. Also, statistically Ben is not #1, but his stats are nothing to be ashamed of. Currently I'm not sure where I put him on a "list" but I can't see putting him behind anyone except Brady or Manning.

That being said, and maybe I'm missing something, but who the hell said Eli is in Brady's class???? Brady is probably #1, with him and Manning no doubt locking up the #1 and 2 spots currently, and Eli is a struggle to even make it at the bottom of this list. There is a QB class under Brady, Manning, and possibly Ben, then there is another class under that with Rivers, Brees, and maybe Rodgers, then there is a class under that where Eli would be in. Who the hell made that analysis???
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #19
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I disagree with Rodgers being in the top 5. If you look at his close game record, and until this year his playoff record, then you'll see that the only year that you could say he played like a top 5 is last year. That's great what he did, but Ben's been winning year after year, and when it matters he comes through, FOR YEARS. It's not enough to put a guy in a top 5 with the likes of Ben, Brady, or Manning over 1 impressive year. You can't just go off of stats either, clutch performance and wins are both equal to that. Which is why I can't for the life of me see why Brees is so high on so many lists. He's a really good QB, but I haven't seen many grade A performances from him and he's only been to (and won) one Super Bowl. River's stats are great, but on an excellent year they loose in the Divisional round, and it's usually in the wild card round. I know some of the greats like Dan Marino didn't win a championship and had bad playoff records and still had some clutch performances, the difference is Ben does it a few times a year not a few times a career. Also, statistically Ben is not #1, but his stats are nothing to be ashamed of. Currently I'm not sure where I put him on a "list" but I can't see putting him behind anyone except Brady or Manning.

That being said, and maybe I'm missing something, but who the hell said Eli is in Brady's class???? Brady is probably #1, with him and Manning no doubt locking up the #1 and 2 spots currently, and Eli is a struggle to even make it at the bottom of this list. There is a QB class under Brady, Manning, and possibly Ben, then there is another class under that with Rivers, Brees, and maybe Rodgers, then there is a class under that where Eli would be in. Who the hell made that analysis???
You do know Rodgers has only been a starter for 3 years, right? In the last two season, he's had a passer rating of over 100 averaging over 4,000 yards with 65 percent of his passes completed. I'd say that's easily in elite status. He also did this behind a dysfunctional OL in 2009, much like Ben does year after year. He's easily my favorite QB outside Roethlisberger (though I believe Rodgers is better in almost every aspect of the game).

If you're basing your rankings of clutchness, Peyton Manning should be no where near the top of the list. Despite being one of the best pure passers to ever play, I honestly believe media boy is the most overrated player in our generation.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #20
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
You do know Rodgers has only been a starter for 3 years, right? In the last two season, he's had a passer rating of over 100 averaging over 4,000 yards with 65 percent of his passes completed. I'd say that's easily in elite status. He also did this behind a dysfunctional OL in 2009, much like Ben does year after year. He's easily my favorite QB outside Roethlisberger (though I believe Rodgers is better in almost every aspect of the game).

If you're basing your rankings of clutchness, Peyton Manning should be no where near the top of the list. Despite being one of the best pure passers to ever play, I honestly believe media boy is the most overrated player in our generation.
exactly