Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,076 Times in 2,615 Posts
Default dont overlook the phoenix suns

and canadian born, 2 time mvp steve nash. one hell of a game. should be a really good series. much better than most are giving them credit for.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044
Default Re: dont overlook the phoenix suns

Also, Nash has that really stylish hairstyle going for him.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
tony hipchest

yeah, nash is a pimp. if he were 6'8" and not white im sure he would be considered a legitimate mvp.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
yeah, nash is a pimp. if he were 6'8" and not white im sure he would be considered a legitimate mvp.
First he'd have to father several illegitimate children. Or at least be accused of a sex crime.

I'd also like to see him start referring to himself in the third person, I think that would be funny as hell.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
and canadian born, 2 time mvp steve nash. one hell of a game. should be a really good series. much better than most are giving them credit for.

no, he's south african born canadian raised (the talked about this last year). i hope it's a sweep f'k the mavs

EDIT:

Stephen John Nash (born February 7, 1974 in Johannesburg, South Africa) is a Canadian All-Star National Basketball Association player for the Phoenix Suns. He is the current and two-time consecutive recipient of the NBA Most Valuable Player Award.

Born in South Africa, Steve Nash's parents relocated to Canada, settling in Victoria, British Columbia before he was two years old. They did not want to raise their children in an environment of apartheid. As his mother Jean later said, "I didn't want our son to grow up in a place where one group of people was second-class citizens."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Nash

Last edited by Koopa; 05-24-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

I think he should make a rap album.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:22 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
no, he's south african born canadian raised (the talked about this last year). i hope it's a sweep f'k the mavs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Nash
doh! and i just read that in a post a few days ago. regardless, i just wanna see good games and a good series and see the WEST beat the EAST (just like in the nfl if all else is lost i pull for the AFC over the NFC) i prefer the WEST's wide open style of high scoring ball anyways
Old 05-24-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

lol, i perfer the spurs to win it all lol, and i perfer the mavs and pistons die lol
Old 05-24-2006, 11:47 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
lol, i perfer the spurs to win it all lol, and i perfer the mavs and pistons die lol
i hear ya. i root more for individual players than teams (other than the sonics) t. duncan is one of my favorites going back to his jr season at wake forrest. and j. kidd going back to the cal state days. and kenny thomas vs. andre miller/ k. van horn going back to their great unm vs. utah battles. bibby with the wildcats. but im torn cause my favorite current player is and will be gary payton, even though hes just a role player, id really like to see him get a ring. but phoenix is my "local" team and i cant root against them.

thats why i like playoff basketball so much, cause i really have no vested interrests and can appreciate each great series for what its worth. (unless its the lakers knocking out portland, sacramento, or the spurs) detroit killed the laker "dynasty" so i find it hard to root against them. all in all, this years playoffs have been the best, top to bottom, in quite a few years.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
i hear ya. i root more for individual players than teams (other than the sonics) t. duncan is one of my favorites going back to his jr season at wake forrest. and j. kidd going back to the cal state days. and kenny thomas vs. andre miller/ k. van horn going back to their great unm vs. utah battles. bibby with the wildcats. but im torn cause my favorite current player is and will be gary payton, even though hes just a role player, id really like to see him get a ring. but phoenix is my "local" team and i cant root against them.

thats why i like playoff basketball so much, cause i really have no vested interrests and can appreciate each great series for what its worth. (unless its the lakers knocking out portland, sacramento, or the spurs) detroit killed the laker "dynasty" so i find it hard to root against them. all in all, this years playoffs have been the best, top to bottom, in quite a few years.
no it was the spurs that ended them in 2003 when we won the championship, then the lakers beat us the next year and then the pistons handled them for us. damn i hate derek fisher cause we would've been on our way to a fourpeat before getting beat by the mavs this year lol