Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,677 Posts
Default steelers interested in Pryor ?

i'd spend a fifth on him...maybe even a 4th... he says he'll play any position that he's asked to play. dude is 6'5' 232lbs and runs a low 4.3 to 4.4 ... he could be a slash 5.0.
dixon wants out anyway, might as well give him his walking papers.

Quote:
Pryor stages workout for NFL teams, accepts suspension

Terrelle Pryor worked out for 17 NFL teams Saturday and said afterward he wouldn't appeal his five-week suspension at the start of the NFL season.
More than half of the NFL's teams sent representatives to watch the former Ohio State quarterback try to prove he should be taken in Monday's supplemental draft. NFL Network’s Albert Breer reported the teams in attendance included the 49ers, Bengals, Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, Patriots, Raiders, Redskins, Saints and Steelers.
Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin were present, according to Breer, along with former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel.

"I have made arrangements for him to meet with several general managers," Drew Rosenhaus, Pryor's agent, said Saturday. The NFL granted Pryor eligibility into the draft on Thursday with the caveat that he wouldn't be allowed to practice for the team that selected him until Week 6. Pryor would have faced a five-game suspension had he stayed at Ohio State. Rosenhaus echoed a message delivered by Pryor, who said Saturday he will not appeal the five-game suspension imposed by the NFL, as his attorney hinted at on Friday. Pryor said he would sign with any team that picked him in the supplemental draft instead of trying his chances again in the regular draft in the spring.
Breer reported that while Pryor won’t be able to practice or play during his five-game suspension, he will be able to do field work with coaches, according to multiple sources. Rosenhaus told reporters Saturday that Pryor can participate in preseason games and training camp practices. The agent also said the quarterback will be allowed to attend team meetings and work out at team facilities during his suspension.
Pryor appeared in top shape Saturday, working out at a high school stadium near his hometown of Jeannette, Pa. Breer reported one scout clocked Pryor’s first 40-yard dash -- on FieldTurf -- at 4.38 seconds, with his second slightly slower in the 4.4-second range. The Associated Press reported Pryor's first 40-yard time was as fast as 4.36 seconds.
Pryor measured out at 6-foot-4 3/4 and 232 pounds, according to NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt, who cited multiple team sources to report that Pryor's workout showed off his strong arm, but revealed problems with his mechanics. Sources told Brandt that Pryor showed "a lot of potential."
Tressel chose to support his former star player after resigning under pressure amid an NCAA investigation that Pryor and others improperly sold memorabilia.
Pryor left school for the NFL after Tressel's departure.
"Did great," Tressel said of Pryor. "He would help lots of teams."
One team appears to have already dropped out of the mix. The Colts took a close look, but owner Jim Irsay let it be known the team won't be using a draft pick on Pryor in a Twitter update he posted Saturday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: steelers interested in Pryor ?

I'm not sure Slash 1.0 worked out well enough for us for that to be a selling point. But, yeah, why not, if he can play at least one position well. I think we're set at WR, but who knows?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

A 5th rounder would be a worth while gamble on potential alone!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

I'm not sure I would want him, unless he could be a WR. I feel like teams that employ the wildcat don't have a good quarterback, so they have to fool you to be successful. If he can catch, he could take what we thought would be Limas Sweed's role.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

If and when a slash type Qb wins the Super Bowl, i will be more interested. For now it is proven that accurate pocket passers are the guys that you would want. A little mobility is helpful but if they are too mobile, they will want to run instead of throw.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,245 Times in 996 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

can he play corner
b/c we're set at WR
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,264 Times in 3,630 Posts

Since the Steelers regard 4th and 5th round picks to have little value (e.g. - giving picks away to trade up and draft Sepulveda; drafting Dennis Dixon, the Pryor of his day) I would not be surprised if they blew a draft pick on Pryor
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm not sure Slash 1.0 worked out well enough for us for that to be a selling point. But, yeah, why not, if he can play at least one position well. I think we're set at WR, but who knows?
as a permanent qb ? hell no.... but as an athletic role player , i'd say korkie did pretty well.
with pryors size and speed , assuming he can catch, he could line up at any position.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Upgrade over Dixon. Probably about it.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
If and when a slash type Qb wins the Super Bowl, i will be more interested. For now it is proven that accurate pocket passers are the guys that you would want. A little mobility is helpful but if they are too mobile, they will want to run instead of throw.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote