Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Theismann Rips Into Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
Sorry, it bugs me when somebody else gets credit for something they didn't do. Especially, when douchebag (Cowherd) is involved.

ESPN radio is waste of air time.
Just j/k with ya. Glad to hear ESPN was not attacked...lol.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

You know, as I was reading this, I could actually hear him saying these things in that completely annoying know-it-all voice of his, and I started to go into "Anti-Joe" mode. Even though I basically agree with what he said, I just hate that tool so much that I can't even agree with him without great dificulty.

And we have what? THREE MNF games this year that he'll be calling? Thank Christ I'll be at the opener so I don't have to hear him!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86
Me niether. I'm dreading MNF this year. All he does is yap about the QB. "He's not a good QB" or "Those other 10 guys aren't doing enough to help out the QB" or "He should be ejected and his family shot for that hit on the QB" or "when I was a QB....." SHUUUUUUT UUUUUP JOE!!! Makes me want to puke.
Lol
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #14
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386

Joe has had it out for the Dolphins ever since they had the "gall" to draft him. What a loser. I can't believe I'll have to listen to him on MNF.

I'm sympathetic to Ricky because I think his drug problem comes from a very different place than most of them do. He broke the rules, though. He deserves punishment. My hope is that he gets himself right in this year he'll be up in Canada. He definitely has some mental health demons that can't be fun, but ganja is not the solution.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
You know, as I was reading this, I could actually hear him saying these things in that completely annoying know-it-all voice of his, and I started to go into "Anti-Joe" mode. Even though I basically agree with what he said, I just hate that tool so much that I can't even agree with him without great dificulty.

And we have what? THREE MNF games this year that he'll be calling? Thank Christ I'll be at the opener so I don't have to hear him!
OMG, I was thinking the exact same thing. It doesn't matter what he says anymore because he's always bitching or whining about something and telling us why everyone is wrong. Can't stand him - and I'm even a big Notre Dame fan too!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

This is definately going to hamper his joint rolling and bong toking abilities......

Williams out indefinitely after breaking arm
Associated Press

REGINA, Saskatchewan -- Running back Ricky Williams broke his left arm in the second quarter of the Toronto Argonauts' 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday night and is out indefinitely.

Argonauts coach Mike "Pinball" Clemons confirmed the injury but did not specify which bone was broken.

"He has a broken arm, so he's going to be out for a little while," Clemons said.

Williams, who was not available for interviews, left the game midway through the second quarter after a 3-yard gain when he was tackled by several Saskatchewan players, including linebacker Mike McCullough. X-rays taken at a Regina hospital revealed a broken bone.

"He was actually holding himself off the ground," Clemons said of Williams. "He was running with the ball and he was trying to hold himself up, I think. It was a pile of people and we saw him coming down.

"We knew he was hurt when he came off the field. It looked like it was his shoulder [from] the way he was leaning, but it turned out be his arm.

"You're talking about some fortitude. It's a clean break. He just came off quiet, didn't say a thing. Like, I'd have been screaming."

Williams finished with 17 yards on four carries, including one run of 16 yards. He entered Saturday's game sixth in the league in rushing with 214 yards on 53 carries with one touchdown in four games.

Williams is playing in the CFL after he was suspended by the NFL for one year after violating the league's substance abuse policy for a fourth time. He is still under contract with the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

Any games Williams misses will be the first he sits out due to injury since a broken left ankle forced him to miss the last six games of the 2000 NFL season, when he was with the New Orleans Saints.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2527404
Old 07-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #17
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Wow..that must be painful......

He will definitely need some medicinal marijuana.....
Old 07-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #18
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

I hear ya. I can't stand that egotistical, pompous, whiny little............

MNF is going to be hard to endure with that jackass commentating.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #19
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Yeah, I 'm not a Joe fan either.....He comes off as a know it all and really doesn't know sh*t. He was a decent quarterback in his day....you'd think he'd know more about the game.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #20
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Yeah, I 'm not a Joe fan either.....He comes off as a know it all and really doesn't know sh*t. He was a decent quarterback in his day....you'd think he'd know more about the game.
While I'm not a big fan of Theismann as a commentator, or even as a quarterback, I have to give him credit for picking the Steelers to win SB XL. While lots of the talking heads jumped on board after we won the AFC, Theismann actually made his prediction in August.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...719&Category=5

He also made another eerily accurate prediction in 2001.

Theismann: "The New England Patriots will win Super Bowl XXXVI."
Cold, Hard Football Facts: New England beat St. Louis in Super Bowl XXXVI, in one of the great upsets in modern NFL history.

Theismann: ?The Rams have been susceptible to turnovers.?
Cold, Hard Football Facts: The Rams blew Super Bowl XXXVI by committing three turnovers.

Theismann: ?(New England running back) Antowain Smith may run for only 80 yards, but every yard he gains will be valuable toward their ability to control the football and keep it away from the Rams' offense.?
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Smith was the game?s leading rusher with 92 yards on 18 carries and helped keep the ball away from the Rams? offense.

Theismann: New England has three playmakers on offense, David Patten, Troy Brown and Jermaine Wiggins.
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Patten scored New England?s only offensive touchdown of Super Bowl XXXVI, while Brown and Wiggins caught the last two passes on New England?s final, game-winning drive.

Theismann: "(Tom) Brady was a better choice (at quarterback) than (Drew) Bledsoe."
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Believe it or not, Brady vs. Bledsoe was actually a big debate in the days leading up to Super Bowl XXXVI and Theismann was not necessarily in the majority. Nobody doubts today that he was correct.

Theismann: ?The most critical matchup is Marshall Faulk on the Patriots' linebackers.?
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Bill Belichick recently said that the key to New England?s Super Bowl XXXVI defensive game plan "was decided by two words: Marshall Faulk.? The former NFL MVP was punished all day by New England?s linebackers.

Theismann: If the Patriots ?can hold Faulk to around 80 rushing yards or less, New England will have a decided advantage.?
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Faulk was held to 76 yards rushing on 17 carries.

Theismann: His final Super Bowl XXXVI analysis was almost prophetic: ?I look at the score as 27-24. The game will be close and decided at the end. Adam Vinatieri really got the Patriots to where they are. There is no reason why he can't get them to the top. What's so nuts about that??
Cold, Hard Football Facts: New England won 20-17 on a last-second Vinatieri field goal. So, there?s nothing nuts about that, Joe. Unless you believe those who say that there?s a fine line between insanity and genius.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote