Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,864 Posts
Default Redskins vs ravens

nice to see joe flacco in midseason form as the throws an int to deangello hall for a td on the 1st series.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,662 Times in 1,756 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Ravens offense looks worse . . .

I've brought this up before. But - Jon Gruden has made a great point on this Beltway Battle with Redskins.

First Ravens possession - Flacco throws pick 6 to DeAngelo Hall on easy 12 yard hook route.

Second possession - Ray Rice gets some good yardage so what do they do? Try passing it after the running game starts moving them down the field. Out again.

Gruden - "This is what happens when you blow things up and are working with new receivers."

Can't tell me that letting go of Mason, Heap and McGahee won't bite them in the butt. We will OWN them this year. They look that bad in their first dress rehearsal. Defense looks slow as ever.

Can't convince me otherwise. They took a step back.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Redskins vs ravens

Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,864 Posts

i cant stand the ravens, but other than the steelers pounding the eagles, this is the best pre-season game i have seen thus far in '11.

so glad football is back (regardless of the douchebags playing it).
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Ravens offense looks worse . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I've brought this up before. But - Jon Gruden has made a great point on this Beltway Battle with Redskins.

First Ravens possession - Flacco throws pick 6 to DeAngelo Hall on easy 12 yard hook route.

Second possession - Ray Rice gets some good yardage so what do they do? Try passing it after the running game starts moving them down the field. Out again.

Gruden - "This is what happens when you blow things up and are working with new receivers."

Can't tell me that letting go of Mason, Heap and McGahee won't bite them in the butt. We will OWN them this year. They look that bad in their first dress rehearsal. Defense looks slow as ever.

Can't convince me otherwise. They took a step back.
Agreed! With first stringers the skins had them beat. Beck and Grossman carved up there secondary! Imagine what ben is going to do! They had nobody to stop the pass rusher from coming in in the left side! Imagine what harrison is going to do! And appearantly they didnt learn anything from Troy's sack/fumble that won us the game last year, the redskins did almost the identical play and came in untouched for the sack. This game showed me alot. Two things ive been saying throughout the preseason, 1) The Skins are starting to turn things around this year, 2) The ravens are nowhere near our level of play right now! They are gonna tote an ass whoopin on opening day!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Ravens offense looks worse . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
Agreed! With first stringers the skins had them beat. Beck and Grossman carved up there secondary! Imagine what ben is going to do! They had nobody to stop the pass rusher from coming in in the left side! Imagine what harrison is going to do! And appearantly they didnt learn anything from Troy's sack/fumble that won us the game last year, the redskins did almost the identical play and came in untouched for the sack. This game showed me alot. Two things ive been saying throughout the preseason, 1) The Skins are starting to turn things around this year, 2) The ravens are nowhere near our level of play right now! They are gonna tote an ass whoopin on opening day!!!

Well, for what it's worth, they will more than likely have Bryant McKinnie manning the LT position come the regular season. I just hope somehow McKinnie isn't in game shape for that first game yet so we can tee off on Flacco. If he is, and he plays well and they move Oher over to RT where he plays significantly better, their o-line could settle down quickly.

The Ravens should be more concerned about the right side of that o-line if McKinnie isn't ready to go. Woodley will eat Oniel Cousins alive. Watch for that mismatch if it happens. Woodley will have a HUGE game if it does.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Wonder how long it will be until that idiot Ravens troll shows up to beat his chest again since the mighty Ravens scored 34 points on the Redskins while the "lowly" Steelers could only muster a touchdown against them?
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote