Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #31
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Tebow?

I'm not interested in the golden boy.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #32
BossAus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18668

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LambertFan View Post
If he was a winner he would have showed it in the NFL by now. I said he would never be able to make it in the NFL his junior season and I stand by that statement today. Give it another year and you will be ready to put another notch on the "great in college but couldn't make the transition" belt, along with... pretty much every Heisman winner.

You also seem to forget that in UF he played behind one of the greatest offensive lines in NCAA history, had a slew of weapons to choose from, and the greatest factor of all: He played against COLLEGE DEFENSES!
He hasn't had an extended opportunity. Remember, in the Broncos vs. Texans game Tebow led them to a 24-23 comeback win. It's also not like he had the greatest weapons around him. The Broncos running game was weak and their offensive line was suspect. If someone who has an established QB is willing to tutor him, he can become a solid QB, even if not great, and will always be a great presence in the huddle.
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #33
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossAus View Post
He hasn't had an extended opportunity. Remember, in the Broncos vs. Texans game Tebow led them to a 24-23 comeback win. It's also not like he had the greatest weapons around him. The Broncos running game was weak and their offensive line was suspect. If someone who has an established QB is willing to tutor him, he can become a solid QB, even if not great, and will always be a great presence in the huddle.

Don't know that I would use a game with absolutely no meaning whatsoever as a gauge. Personally I put about as much stock in an end of season game between two teams with nothing to gain as I do in a preseason game.

He;s had a full season and full offseason to show some improvement, but he hasn't. He's actually regressed, people in the Denver front office are saying that Weber the undrafted qb is playing better. One would think that Mr. Workethic would have spent the entire offseason working with a qb coach trying to improve his game. The way I see it he either lost his work ethic when the checks started rolling in, picked a really crappy QB coach, or he didn't retain anything that they worked on. Maybe he should have spent more timing working on his flaws and less time writing his memoir.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #34
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Didn't Denver get him in the 1st round, what makes anybody think they would take a 6th for him. I completely agree he's better then Dixon, Dixon is just flat horrible, and I don't think it would be a bad deal for a 6th rounder. But as a FB or TE, no. I think it would be a small step up at the back up QB position, and if I could get him for a 6th I would, but we can't get him for a 6th and I wouldn't want him if it would cost us more then that.
Yeah they did what a waste of a first roud pick. Brings back memories of Ryan Leaf. Just glad it was Denver.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #35
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,095 Times in 569 Posts

Comparing Tebow to Leaf is a little excessive. Ryan Leaf was not only horrible but a pathetic human being.

The thing with Tebow is he can't play QB in the NFL. It isn't we are being mean to him, the guy can't play QB. His arm is horrid, his ability to read NFL defenses is not there but most of all, he just isnt a QB in the NFL. You have to do two things well in the NFL to be a solid NFL QB. Throw to a spot consistently and read defenses. If you cant do those two things you are jacked.

I have no idea what has happened to QB evaluation the last 10 years but you would think with how sophisticated scouting and analyzing has become, how the hell have players like Vince Young, Tebow and Cam newton gone in the first round with two of them being in the top 3 in picks.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #36
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Comparing Tebow to Leaf is a little excessive. Ryan Leaf was not only horrible but a pathetic human being.
Agree. Tebow is a better human being that Leaf.

If anything, Tebow was too determined. He truly believes that he can be a high level QB in this league and he can do it with sheer determination. That is admirable but not realistic.

That's the problem with all this God, Christianity, faith talk that surrounds Tebow. If you ever want to inject realism into the conversation, these religious nut jobs judge you for "not having faith" or how they need to "reject the ways of this world" or how Tebow will be hated because "they hated [Jesus] first." You can never have a real conversation.

The real deal is that he is bereft of physical talent to play QB in the NFL. No matter how smart he is or how much he practices, Tebow will not be good in this league ... EVER! I'm sorry but that's just the way it is. Sinners like Ben Roethlisberger who has probably never fasted or circumcised kids in the Third World have 100 times more talent to play QB.

But I still like his spunk. Sort of in a Forrest Gump way. Maybe we can make him a cheerleader.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #37
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
But I still like his spunk. Sort of in a Forrest Gump way. Maybe we can make him a cheerleader.
Good lord man have you been sniffing glue? First you want to trade for tebow and now you want crossdressing cheerleaders. WTF?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #38
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Good lord man have you been sniffing glue? First you want to trade for tebow and now you want crossdressing cheerleaders. WTF?
Who said anything about crossdressing. They have male college cheerleaders. I think he would make a great cheerleader. Actually, that may be all that he is good for in this league.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

[QUOTE=OX1947;938108]Comparing Tebow to Leaf is a little excessive. Ryan Leaf was not only horrible but a pathetic human being.

I wasn't comparing Tebow to Leaf on a personal. Just making a point that Denver wasted a first round pick. Leaf just happened to be the first to come to mind. You did raise an interesting point, with the extensive testing teams do how do they draft the likes of Leaf and Young so high in the first round ? Also I agree with you and said when they drafted himTebow would never be a starting NFL QB.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #40
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

I almost feel bad for Tebow... ALMOST... because I'm sure he's a good guy at heart, but I agree that he'll likely never be successful in the NFL. But that's what happens when you've been trained the wrong way for so long (or rather, trained the right way to win at the college level but the wrong way for football at the NFL level). It's hard to shake your old techniques, and it might literally be too late to develop the correct ones. And when you add to that the psychological aspect - and by that I mean going from a culture in which you are constantly winning and being hero-worshiped to being relegated to third-string duty on a losing team - it must be frustrating.

One thing I do love though is that all those morons who spent money on #15 Broncos jerseys right after he was drafted probably feel pretty stupid right now. And to that I say GOOD, because half of those people know nothing about football and aren't even Broncos fans... they're just tools who have been teabagging Tebow since his college days because he's the perfect model of a God-fearing young man or whatever.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote