Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
soflasteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 18678
Default Is Mike Wallace not happy?

In the Post gazette under timmons new contract polamalu waits, mike wallace stated that he wanted to play out the last year of his contract, that's the first time i ever heard someone say they would rather finish their contract than get a new one, considering he's had a decent season the last 2 years. He also stated that he wants to see if he has a good enough season to get a big contract no matter who offers it. To me that sounds like someone who does not want to be a steeler, maybe he's upset with the way the steelers uses him or because tomlin calls him a one trick pony. Or a little worried about Brown and Sanders and the fact that the steelers still brings in other veteran receivers for the crunch time. It's my first post and i know it's a long one, but just trying to get a feel for the "BEST FANS ON THE PLANET" . What do you all think about wallaces words.
soflasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,398 Times in 3,519 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Is Mike Wallace not happy?

i hope not. he should be grateful anyway that we gave him a chance after so many teams passed up drafting him. i certainly hope he doesnt develop the uber douchebag syndrome that most star WR's have
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

I read the article and I'd say it's quite a leap to infer that he's unhappy with the Steelers from what he said:

"While Polamalu would not talk about his contract, Wallace said he hopes to have such a productive season that it will prompt a big contract for him next year, no matter who offers it.

"This is the last year of my contract. I kind of want to play it out.

"I'm not worried about that right now. I'm just trying to get back to the Super Bowl."

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11236/1169372-66.stm

He's also a restricted free agent next year, and the Steelers can tender him high enough that if another team does express interest, it will cost them a first round pick to get him away from the Steelers.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

I would like to see a transcript of the whole interview before getting worried about him being unhappy or leaving. The fact hat it's not actually a quote from Wallace says that it's probably taken way out of context. It's also entirely possible that Wallace is deemed a cancer and the Steelers have no interest in retaining him. Who's going to be the mental midget that gives me shit for calling Wallace a cancer?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,106 Posts

I would also like to see the full transcript. The author said he wants a new contract by anyone who offers it, but Wallace points out that, that's not his main goal, it's getting back to the Super Bowl. If he becomes hardheaded then send him to the Jets, like every other star WR the Steelers had, but couldn't handle their big ego.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

those comments are gonna bite him in the ass if they're true
and not taken out of context
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Teams across the league will be jumping to grab him if he hits free agency. He's a DeSean Jackson clone who's a bit more durable. He might not be as polished a route runner, but he's only started one season. That stuff grows with time. And hey, his production last year was top 5 out of all WRs in the NFL. Love Wallace. Lock him up please.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Teams across the league will be jumping to grab him if he hits free agency. He's a DeSean Jackson clone who's a bit more durable. He might not be as polished a route runner, but he's only started one season. That stuff grows with time. And hey, his production last year was top 5 out of all WRs in the NFL. Love Wallace. Lock him up please.
I agree!!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,373 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I think some could agree that after this year we might be unloading a few guys anyways. Some harsh realities after this season. Time to climb that Stairway to Seven and send some guys out in style . . .
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I think some could agree that after this year we might be unloading a few guys anyways. Some harsh realities after this season. Time to climb that Stairway to Seven and send some guys out in style . . .
I couldnt agree more. This year may be the last chance for many of the veterans on this team, and they know that. Thats why i think they will let nothing stand in there way of #7!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote