Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001
Default Super Star in the Making, Antonio Brown

I don't think I need to tell you how well Antonio Brown played. It looks like he may even be better than Wallace. Wallace is a one trick pony. I don't see him making the underneath passes that Brown makes. I think we have something really special in Brown. God, Cokbert and the front office draft great talent! The regular season will tell how good Brown is. I am really looking forward to it!
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
mizzouristeeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17519
Default Re: Super Star in the Making, Antonio Brown

He did have a great game but the best part was the celebration dance
mizzouristeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
SteelCurtain0815
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15238

Not too jump the gun too quickly, but I honestly think this could be the greatest group of WRs this franchise has ever witnessed. I can't wait for the regular season to start with Sanders back in the lineup. This offense is straight lethal! Not too mention BR looks like a complete new QB. He is making all the right reads and getting rid of the ball quickly. It's going to be extremely difficult for teams to match up with our weapons. If we can sustain a decent running attack, no one is stopping us. Idk if I have ever been more excited for a new season to start. Ya dig?
SteelCurtain0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain0815 View Post
Not too jump the gun too quickly, but I honestly think this could be the greatest group of WRs this franchise has ever witnessed. I can't wait for the regular season to start with Sanders back in the lineup. This offense is straight lethal! Not too mention BR looks like a complete new QB. He is making all the right reads and getting rid of the ball quickly. It's going to be extremely difficult for teams to match up with our weapons. If we can sustain a decent running attack, no one is stopping us. Idk if I have ever been more excited for a new season to start. Ya dig?
It would help if we had a line. And yes, you're getting a little ahead of yourself, but that's cool. It's nice to imagine the possibilities.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i was in my front row seat at the game watching him and he tore it up. he is going to be a great one. the only downfall is our running game looks horrible
Old 08-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
Want1MoreSB
Water Boy

Member Number: 18699

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I don't think I need to tell you how well Antonio Brown played. It looks like he may even be better than Wallace. Wallace is a one trick pony. I don't see him making the underneath passes that Brown makes. I think we have something really special in Brown. God, Cokbert and the front office draft great talent! The regular season will tell how good Brown is. I am really looking forward to it!
I am also excited at the prospect of another great WR in the making. I wish we had one or two great DBs in the making as well.

Last edited by Want1MoreSB; 08-28-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: duplicate
Want1MoreSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,769 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Not to knock the importance of a running game - but you can win it all with a mediocre running game. I'll reserve judgement after the Ravens game because let's face it - no one is running in that game. I'll take dump offs to Redman (and Johnson for that matter - what a nice breath of fresh air that was seeing him take a couple of nice plays) all day if it gets us the chunks.

I really think that even if you are able to run it to the point that you can sell the play action you can pull it off.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i was in my front row seat at the game watching him and he tore it up. he is going to be a great one. the only downfall is our running game looks horrible
I think Brown will be amazing too.

I think the running game looks terrible because they are not running enough with the starters. The offense needs to gel and they need to give Mendenhall and Redman time to feel out the line while running. Last night the running backs too often where not waiting for the play to develop and getting nailed.

Arians (douche bag) needs to run more so that they can get used to each other or else we are going to go through growing pains early in the season.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Just watched last years Ravens playoff game and Sanders was awesome! Dont forget how good he is just because you haven't seen him recently.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Blah

Man he looks good,BUT I didnt care for the dance!Is he a diva in the making?Hopefully his ego doesnt get as big as his game!