Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default OSU Spring Game

I was there in 2003 after they won the National Championship, and they estimated 56,000 people that day (although it was probably more like 60k), and today they estimated 64k and I think it was more like 75k. Pretty much the whole stadium (excepting the new seats in the south endzone where they filled in the open end of the shoe and was closed today) was full.

Wow. OSU isn't rebuilding on defense, they are reloading. They are 3 deep at every position, and may be just as good as last year despite losing 9 of 11 starters. They have 7 LB's who can play, and that's not even counting D'Andrea who was originally supposed to be the best OSU LB ever (and has been injured on and off since 2002). I look for this unit to be the big surprise of the year, and the main reason the Buckeyes win the National Championship again in 2006 (That's right, I'm predicting a 2007 Fiesta Bowl win on 4/22/2006).

Special teams will be exceptional again. AJ Trepasso (Punter) booted the Hell out of the ball, and buried the offense inside it's own 5 a couple times. The return game will be awesome with all the speed the Buckeyes have at KR and PR. Incredibly, the PK job may be in even better hands this year than last year with Josh Huston. They had a kicking scrimmage, and Aaron Pettrey, a frosh kicker had a 59 yarder FG attempt TIPPED by a DL and it was still good! The kid was booting 63 yarders in practice today.

Offensively, the Buckeyes may be the best team in the Country. Troy Smith played 1 series, went 4-4 for 45 yards and had a nice run as well, and looked every bit the Heisman front-runner he is. With Ginn, Roy Hall and Anthony Gonzalez back at WR, and several really good looking youngsters nipping at their heels, the passing game will be excellent in '06.

Most importantly, Chris Wells (6'1 225 RB) was everything the Buckeye faithful hoped for. His classmates haven't even graduated HS yet (He graduated early to start working out with the Buckeyes in the Spring), and his RB coach is already comparing his size and speed combination to Jim Brown. He'll be as good as Clarrett but without all the baggage, and the big reason the Buckeyes win it all next year.

The Buckeyes will be tested early next year when they play the defending national champion Texas Longhorns IN Austin on September 9th, but, barring any slip-ups in a game they should win, they have PSU and Michigan in the Shoe, and shouldn't lose a game next year.

Last edited by Suitanim; 04-22-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142
Default Re: OSU Spring Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

The Buckeyes will be tested early next year when they play the defending national champion Texas Longhorns IN Austin on September 9th, but, barring any slip-ups in a game they should win, they have PSU and Michigan in the Shoe, and shouldn't lose a game next year.
see I dont think the game will be a test at all for OSU after all the Longhorns will be starting a Redshirt QB this year who has yet to take a snap for them and the last time he played was in High School 2 years ago. I really belive OSU will go down there and make the longhorns wish they never played OSU this year
Old 04-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
see I dont think the game will be a test at all for OSU after all the Longhorns will be starting a Redshirt QB this year who has yet to take a snap for them and the last time he played was in High School 2 years ago. I really belive OSU will go down there and make the longhorns wish they never played OSU this year
OSU will have an almost completely new D on the field, so, no, I don't think this will be a cakewalk, but I do give the advantage in a young O vs young D to OSU.

OSU's offense next year would be tough for the Kansas City Chiefs to contain, let alone any College team.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Wow! Ohio loves it's football!

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sp...050506aaa.html

Ohio State Football Spring Game Leads Nation in Attendance

Annual event draws 63,649 fans

Buckeye fans packed into Ohio Stadium for the annual Scarlet and Gray game.

May 5, 2006

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State University football team played its spring game in front of 63,649 ticketed fans April 22. That total ranked No. 1 nationally for spring game attendance.

The annual Scarlet and Gray game, which concluded the spring practice season for the Buckeyes, had in excess of 6,000 more fans than the second-place program.

Buckeye fans of all ages flocked to Ohio Stadium to cheer on the Buckeyes. The attendance figure also does not include an estimated 2,000 children 6 and under that were admitted free.

The Top 3 schools in the country for spring game attendance were Ohio State, Nebraska (57, 415) and Florida (45,200).
Old 05-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

That is pretty impressive.

Props to Buckeyes fans... I'm surrounded by them and they are a very "passionate" group.

Penn State had their lowest attendance in a long time at an estimated 18,000. Usually it is around 40,000 but it was raining for the fifth time in the last six years, and it was brodcast pretty much statewide on TV.

I hope there is a better turn out next year... I plan on going myself.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

PSU will surprise alot of those fans who didn`t attend. Morelli may pull a rookie Ben season this year!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
Santonio4
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2307

Yup
Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
PSU will surprise alot of those fans who didn`t attend. Morelli may pull a rookie Ben season this year!

I look for PSU to win out if not only lose 1 game
Old 05-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I have a really good idea which game they'll lose...
Old 05-26-2006, 07:21 AM   #10
Santonio4
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2307

Ohio State is going to go undefeated and win the national championship.