Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: This young man should be a Steeler!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
No thanks. Unlike Ward he is dirty. He is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen in the NFL. He forearmed Cutler in the head, and jerked Dalton/Delhomme by the head.

Great player but he is a dirty, cheap football player.
like mean joe?

i would trade the steelers entire starting defensive line for suh. i'd throw in some other players too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan
Go back and watch highlights of Greene, White, Furness, Steed and other Steeler lineman and you don't see that
you just be young. mean joe did those things. he also walked out on the team during a game.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,377 Times in 3,076 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
like mean joe?

i would trade the steelers entire starting defensive line for suh. i'd throw in some other players too

you just be young. mean joe did those things. he also walked out on the team during a game.
at first I was like 'I don't know about that....'

but thinking of it, heyward - suh - ziggy sounds freakin badass lol
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
at first I was like 'I don't know about that....'

but thinking of it, heyward - suh - ziggy sounds freakin badass lol
yep and still have hoke so the steelers can groom another NT if hood can't handle that position. smith has seen better days and kiesel is no big loss. hampton is bascially just a fat NT. think of the cap room. plenty of money to sign suh, but it's just a dream
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #14
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Some of you may not be old enough to remember the 70's Steelers but man Suh would have fit right in with those guys. Suh plays the game to create intimidation, just like Greene and others since. Greene one time walked right up to an offensive lineman and punched him in the stomach so hard the guy fell to his knees and that was when the play was over. Let's not be hypocritical here. Ward was head hunting out there constantly. There is no team in the history of the NFL who would turn down a chance to have Suh on their team.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,354 Times in 2,066 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Bottom line:
Don't want to see any guys have to live with brain damage and die an early age because of it

BUT MAN

Hardcore football fans (the way it used to be played) miss us some intimidation and nastyness

Suh is wicked and I'm glad to see Detroit get some franchise guys that seem to finally have a chance to turn that team around. No other team I'd rather see make a turn.

Today's Steelers team is as intimidating as they can be without losing important pieces to suspension. Harrison's craziness, Ben's backyard style and Hines and Woodley's bravado would fit right in with the teams of old.

Just another conversation that reinforces my love for the greatest team in sports

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #16
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
No thanks. Unlike Ward he is dirty. He is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen in the NFL. He forearmed Cutler in the head, and jerked Dalton/Delhomme by the head.

Great player but he is a dirty, cheap football player.
You are insane!!! OMG
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
MDSteel15
Team President

Quote:
That kind of player does not need to be in the black and gold. Go back and watch highlights of Greene, White, Furness, Steed and other Steeler lineman and you don't see that.

Those kind of hits are horse shit and it is dumb crap like that, that gets Harrison fined multiple times for legit hits. When refs see mean hits they think of cheap crap like what Suh does.

The Steelers win with integrity and those uncalled for amateur hits are not worth it.
And go watch Jack Lambert and Mel Blount slamming guys into the ground!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

Calling Suh a dirty player is BS. He may have gone a little over the line on a few occasions but he isn't out there intentionally hurting players.

IMO the hit on Cutler was fine. It looked to me like he simply shoved Cutler in the back and his arm slid up Cutler's back and hit the back of his helmet. If that would have been a running back, no problem.

Maybe I'm still hopped up about what the Lions did to Bieber Brady and the Pats Saturday night but I love this guy. He and the rest of the Lions front 7 took it to Brady all night and shook him up bad and my favorite part was when the Pats o line started getting frustrated and pushing and Suh put them in their place. I am tired of everyone being afraid to hit Brady or get after him and Suh and the Lions stepped up and showed that they weren't.

I have always been a closet Lions fan and I am in love with their D this year. They are looking like the Motor City version of the Steelers and me likey.
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

You guys have your opinion and I have mine. I have watched Mean Joe and Jack, they slam people to the ground and were nasty but Suh tries to kill players during the preseason?

Wish and hope all you want, it won't happen. I am just saying that I don't think the team needs more negative publicity and fines. It is one thing to be considered "old school" and tough and another to be cheap.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
MDSteel15
Team President

Quote:
You guys have your opinion and I have mine. I have watched Mean Joe and Jack, they slam people to the ground and were nasty but Suh tries to kill players during the preseason?

Wish and hope all you want, it won't happen. I am just saying that I don't think the team needs more negative publicity and fines. It is one thing to be considered "old school" and tough and another to be cheap.
You have Ward and Kemo on your profile! And I love Ward to death... C'mon dude!