Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Should have kept Thaddeus Gibson

This is just disheartening. Here we see Mr. Jason Worilds (hated the pick btw) being incredibly slow off the snap and generating little to no pass rush over and over again. Very funny video though. Looks like James Harrison will in fact play out his contract.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10688
Old 08-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Should have kept Thaddeus Gibson

I agree that we should have kept Thaddeus Gibson. However, Worilds played well when he got into games last season. He also played well against the Falcons. He was in the QB's face multiple times. On the McClendon sack, he was right there to get it if McClendon didn't beat the guard to the point of attack and race head on into the QB.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Why? Neither one of them have any stats at all through three preseason games. That makes Gibson the better pick because...

Edit: I take it back. Neither of them have any stats at all on NFL.com. But while Gibson has zero stats anywhere, Worilds is credited by the Steelers themselves with 12 solo tackles, 5 assists and two sacks. My assumption is that these numbers are from last year, so then we should compare those numbers to Gibson's from last year: 3 total tackles. Period.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Why? Neither one of them have any stats at all through three preseason games. That makes Gibson the better pick because...
Two different scenarios on two entirely different teams. I don't even know if the Redskins have given him any time on the field yet. He has to learn a whole new playbook.

To answer your question, I thought Thaddeus was the better fit in Pittsburgh. He was already use to playing off the line and in space whereas Worilds was used exclusively as a DE. Even at V Tech, he had problems getting to the QB. I'm not surprised at what I'm seeing here.

Worilds also looks pretty lean for an OLB from the video. I'm not going to look up his weight but it looks like he can add a good 15 lbs of muscle.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Woodley was a DE. It's a common transition. Oh, and by the way, they're the same height, and Worilds is 20 lbs. heavier.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Woodley was a DE. It's a common transition. Oh, and by the way, they're the same height, and Worilds is 20 lbs. heavier.
Woodley is a freak of nature. He's absolutely massive for a 3-4 OLB. Normally linebackers like him that only use their brute strength to bullrush tackles don't last too long in the NFL.

And I'm not buying 262 lbs. at all on Worilds. He looks more lengthy than bulky. I think nfl.com is embellishing on it's stats or he lost a lot of weight in the offseason. Maybe it's that bizarre stance.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,949 Times in 3,010 Posts

i already nominate this post for one of Steeler Fever's end of season" "Idiot Post of the Year" award.

while worlids (who has actually accumulated 2 professional sacks) looks "slow" on game tape, OSU alumn, thad is looking slow and confused in airport secuity surveilance tapes, while in the airports of pittsburgh, san fransisco and washington.

perhaps him and veron gholston can start a clothing line together, in the near future.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Woodley is a freak of nature. He's absolutely massive for a 3-4 OLB. Normally linebackers like him that only use their brute strength to bullrush tackles don't last too long in the NFL.

And I'm not buying 262 lbs. at all on Worilds. He looks more lengthy than bulky. I think nfl.com is embellishing on it's stats or he lost a lot of weight in the offseason. Maybe it's that bizarre stance.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,949 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Two different scenarios on two entirely different teams. I don't even know if the Redskins have given him any time on the field yet. He has to learn a whole new playbook.

you "dont even know" is the opperative phrase.

redskins current LB coach was an assistant with the steelers. keyron fox attributes that to his easy transition to a new system.

how can you possibly say they are "entirely different " unless you dotn know what you are talking about?

mike shanahan has switched the redskins defense to a 3-4 modeled after the steelers. before he was hired as redskins coach he was a guest of the steelers in camp up at latrobe.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 AM   #10
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i already nominate this post for one of Steeler Fever's end of season" "Idiot Post of the Year" award.

while worlids (who has actually accumulated 2 professional sacks) looks "slow" on game tape, OSU alumn, thad is looking slow and confused in airport secuity surveilance tapes, while in the airports of pittsburgh, san fransisco and washington.

perhaps him and veron gholston can start a clothing line together, in the near future.
Right. The Steelers must have fooled the rest of the league putting a claim on him after he was released by the 49ers. Surely we didn't want him back. Shannahan and Lovie Smith were rickroll'd.

Baltimore sure fooled us after releasing Harrison. A guy who looked "slow and confused" going back and forth between the BWI and Pittsburgh International airports.