Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
big pig
Water Boy

Member Number: 18703
Thumbs up New to this site

Hey everyone,

Long time steeler fan from Illinois. Just wondered when the breast cancer game was? My wife was told she had cancer back in November last year and right now is considered cancer free but still taking some treatments yet but we are doing well. Just wondered when this game was, not sure if we could attend, but would love to come out sometime to PA, just tuff when your a farmer with livestock to get away. Anyway any help with this would be great and thanks for your help.

Brad
big pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default Re: New to this site

my prayers go out to you and your wife bro...may she stay cancer free!
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Haven't heard when the breast cancer game is, but welcome just the same. Glad to hear your wife is dong well.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,117 Posts

Welcome to the site!

As to when the breast cancer game is...all I know is it is in October, but I'm not sure exactly which game it is.

Quote:

Breast Cancer Awareness

The Steelers participate in numerous breast cancer awareness initiatives each year including NFL Breast Cancer Awareness month, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, player hospital visits and special pink-logoed merchandise sales.

**At the breast cancer awareness game in October, the team recognizes local breast cancer survivors in a pregame ceremony. Many Steelers players wear pink uniform items to bring more awareness to this important cause.
**Players with a connection to the disease – quarterback Dennis Dixon and offensive tackles Tony Hills - visited Magee-Women’s Hospital of UPMC to participate in a nutritional cooking class for breast cancer survivors and patients. The players spent time prepping healthy menu options then served the dishes to the ladies in attendance.
**Tight end Heath Miller and his wife Katie chair the annual Bid for Hope to benefit A Glimmer of Hope Foundation, which raises funds for breast cancer research. www.symbolofthecure.com
**Members of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority distribute breast cancer information at GameDay Live before the breast cancer awareness game.
http://www.steelers.com/community/co...-programs.html

So it'll either be on the 9th vs. Tennessee, the 16th vs. Jacksonville or the 30th vs. New England.

You're best bet is to try and call or e-mail someone at the FO. There is a list of numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses that may help here...http://www.steelers.com/footer/contact-us.html

Good luck! Wishing the best for you and your wife!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
smheart78
Water Boy

Member Number: 13973

I think Breast Cancer awareness month is in October, I think that the NFL played every October game as a Breast Cancer Awarreness game (either last year or the one before). I'm not sure if they will continue to play all October games like this or just pick one week. (If they do, it will be during the first or last full weeks of the NFL schedule).
smheart78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Welcome to the site. Really glad to hear your wife is cancer free and hope she stays that way.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

First I wish your wife continued success in her battle.. And then I would like to welcome you to the site. I will keep you and your wife in our prayers. I know all to well the battle you two are fighting.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
big pig
Water Boy

Member Number: 18703

Thanks for the replies and well wishes. Lots of Steeler fans here where I'm from in Illimois.
big pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

welcome dude :)
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
Moose
Water Boy

Member Number: 18658

Looks like October is the month....now we'll just have to make sure you gett the exact game. Welcome aboard, I'm fairly new also. Great news about your wife being cancer 'free'.....tell her to stay strong !
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote