Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Looks like Lebeau is starting to give Sylvester some reps at outside linebacker; likely because of James Harrison's lingering back issues. Odd. I mean don't we have Jason 'the destroyer of' Worilds as his primary backup? A linebacker that can "rush like no other."

So let me get this straight. We've attempted to bring back Thaddeus Gibson and giving Farrior's stud successor reps on the outside when we know Timmons is well capable of being an emergency OLB himself; especially since Foote is still on the roster. Yet Tony Stark and Ricardo still think bringing Gibson was just a move for (hold your laughter) veteran depth and nothing to do with Worilds failing to impress Keith Butler? Certainly he couldn't be stinking it up as shown in a video I posted in another thread. Apparently you guys have trouble connecting the dots when it's right in front of you. I'll wait for the hilarity to ensue.

DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

I thought criticizing any thing this team and FO does was off limits on this board?
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
dreegking
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18661

Your hate on is going strong.

Why don't you also start a thread to say how Ward is holding the offense back from superstardom?
dreegking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
sbbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 15380

I just addressed this in another thread but here goes..

The Steelers never wanted to release Gibson. They had to because they needed to make room for an extra D-Lineman for a game. The hope was that Gibson cleared waivers and could be brought back in because they liked him so much. Them trying to bring him in again isn't a surprise when you think about how the front office felt about this guy. The Steelers have no "experienced" depth beyond Foote at linebacker. Worilds is a second year linebacker still learning the ropes, just like Gibson would be doing if he were still here. Sylvester showed great promise last year, why wouldn't you let him show what he can do? You're making this about Worilds being bad, but you have no idea if he is or not because he hasn't had time to develop. Not everyone makes an instant impact like Woodley. It took James Harrison how long to reach his potential?
sbbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Of course this move has nothing to do with Chris Carter getting injured or the fact that he played outside already last year.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
DanRooney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbound View Post
I just addressed this in another thread but here goes..

The Steelers never wanted to release Gibson. They had to because they needed to make room for an extra D-Lineman for a game. The hope was that Gibson cleared waivers and could be brought back in because they liked him so much. Them trying to bring him in again isn't a surprise when you think about how the front office felt about this guy. The Steelers have no "experienced" depth beyond Foote at linebacker. Worilds is a second year linebacker still learning the ropes, just like Gibson would be doing if he were still here. Sylvester showed great promise last year, why wouldn't you let him show what he can do? You're making this about Worilds being bad, but you have no idea if he is or not because he hasn't had time to develop. Not everyone makes an instant impact like Woodley. It took James Harrison how long to reach his potential?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
DanRooney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
Your hate on is going strong.

Why don't you also start a thread to say how Ward is holding the offense back from superstardom?
Don't tempt me
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #8
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

Its preseason I would try anything once.
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,965 Times in 4,544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

hey smiley guy, i'll tempt you.

i thought i politely warned you yesterday.

you failed so miserably and got owned in your very own thread (classic case of solo-ownage), you had to start another thread on the exact same topic, for the sole purpose of flaming a moderator and another member?

ultimate fail. perhaps a vacation for the last pre-season game and opening game will cool your ass off.

i think i'll let you linger for just a bit to see if you can top your stupidity and earn a permanent ban. im sure you wont let us down.

hows that?

(now everybody point and laugh while the hilarity ensues)
Old 09-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #10
DanRooney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

hey smiley guy, i'll tempt you.

i thought i politely warned you yesterday.

you failed so miserably and got owned in your very own thread (classic case of solo-ownage), you had to start another thread on the exact same topic, for the sole purpose of flaming a moderator and another member?

ultimate fail. perhaps a vacation for the last pre-season game and opening game will cool your ass off.

i think i'll let you linger for just a bit to see if you can top your stupidity and earn a permanent ban. im sure you wont let us down.

hows that?

(now everybody point and laugh while the hilarity ensues)
Haha is this your argument to why Sylvester is being tried at OLB ? Did you completely ignore everything because you have no argument and you were pretty much proven wrong in your last attempt to belittle someone (or whatever you were trying to do)? Is your pride a little hurt?

So pretty much I said Gibson should have been kept because Worilds has been playing poorly and you call me an idiot for that. I throw something back at you and your threatening to ban. Anyone else catching on to this? I have no problem with you disagreeing with anything I say. But you starting the namecalling is pretty low, especially for a mod on a forum. Maybe you should try disagreeing using football facts. I don't see pete around here parading around in your jackass demeanor.