Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #21
tunes4life
Bench Warmer
 
tunes4life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 194
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

The hate is strong in this one.......................
__________________
What may man within him hide when angel on the outward side
tunes4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
PhantomJB93
Head Coach
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 1,990
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 365
Thanked 877 Times in 436 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

So you acknowledge that it's ludicrous to toss out a second round pick in their first season even if they're not playing well, yet think it's perfectly okay to rule them a bust before their second season has technically even started and they had a ludicrously short training camp to hone their skills?

Jason Worilds will be fine, and will be a better OLB (in time) than Thaddeus Gibson will ever dream to be.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #23
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,066
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 335
Thanked 154 Times in 106 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
He wasn't banned, it's just a little vacation and it was for being a tool not disagreeing with the FO.
isn't that his right as an American though? it's not like he was posting porn or spamming from another site....being annoying is candidate for banning, or a temp vacation as you put it??...that dude is some bullshit....no one has a problem with this? i guess you can do what you want but if dude isn't happy about something he should have the right to air it out...you don't like it don't click on his thread...i don't know if i can be part of a board that just puts people on "vacation" because they don't like the person....that is soo wack....we should be able to express differing points of view or else this is just a homer board and no one truly has a "forum" to air out their feelings....This is a dangerous slope
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,066
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 335
Thanked 154 Times in 106 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
So you acknowledge that it's ludicrous to toss out a second round pick in their first season even if they're not playing well, yet think it's perfectly okay to rule them a bust before their second season has technically even started and they had a ludicrously short training camp to hone their skills?

Jason Worilds will be fine, and will be a better OLB (in time) than Thaddeus Gibson will ever dream to be.
That's way to soon to determine...Thaddeus is caught up in a numbers game that doesn't work out in his favor ...not that he lacks ability..Worilds is ok, but he's not "lighting it up"
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
Wallabeast17
Starter
 
Wallabeast17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 506
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
isn't that his right as an American though? it's not like he was posting porn or spamming from another site....being annoying is candidate for banning, or a temp vacation as you put it??...that dude is some bullshit....no one has a problem with this? i guess you can do what you want but if dude isn't happy about something he should have the right to air it out...you don't like it don't click on his thread...i don't know if i can be part of a board that just puts people on "vacation" because they don't like the person....that is soo wack....we should be able to express differing points of view or else this is just a homer board and no one truly has a "forum" to air out their feelings....This is a dangerous slope
Yea it seems like an abuse of power to me but then again danrooney does start it. However we have rights as Americans and just because we are on the internet doesn't mean we can't say what we want. After all thats what it was created for as well as this forums..To talk to other fans and share their opions and all he was doing was stating (mind you over and over) that ward and other veterans are stunting or young players growth so to speak and that he believes that Worlids isn't showing much. Well i do agree with him at some points I disagree at others. Either way he was not doing anything wrong and this was the result of abuseing of power! Just my opion.
__________________
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #26
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,793
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 123 Times in 85 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 View Post
Yea it seems like an abuse of power to me but then again danrooney does start it. However we have rights as Americans and just because we are on the internet doesn't mean we can't say what we want. After all thats what it was created for as well as this forums..To talk to other fans and share their opions and all he was doing was stating (mind you over and over) that ward and other veterans are stunting or young players growth so to speak and that he believes that Worlids isn't showing much. Well i do agree with him at some points I disagree at others. Either way he was not doing anything wrong and this was the result of abuseing of power! Just my opion.
I really started it? I stated my opinion about Worilds underperforming and he comes out calling me an idiot.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75850

I then tried to be civil about it multiple times as you can see and then I just got fed up with immature posts like"even the dumbest donkey can grasp at straw if they are hungry enough" and "you're losing. I'm winning." What does that have to with anything? I'm trying to talk about football. Not get caught up in a 5th grade argument and namecalling.

I digress. I'll take the higher road and quit taking his bait.
__________________
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #27
Wallabeast17
Starter
 
Wallabeast17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 506
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Did I really start it? I stated my opinion about Worilds underperforming and he comes out calling me an idiot.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=75850

I then tried to be civil about it multiple times as you can see and then I just got fed up with immature posts like "you're losing. I'm winning." What does that have to with anything? I'm trying to talk about football. Not get caught up in a 5th grade argument and namecalling.
I will give you that..
Bu whatever we think I still believe its abuse of power if you or anyone would get temp or perma banned for stating your opion, even if people don't agree. That's why we are all here, to see what each other has to say and voice or opions.
__________________
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,110
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,652 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
your gonna have dude banned for continuing to disagree with a FO/Coaching staff decision?? really?
do you got rocks inside your skull? do you only read the individual posts you respond to? being thats the case you might actually wanna read post #9 before you go spouting off.

i dont owe you an explanation, but i will gladly point you to one. of course members can disagree, but when one starts starting repeat duplicate threads (for the sole purpose of flaming) of arguments already going on. they are in violation of the COC.

plus when a member talks to a moderater in this fashion, they are lucky if they only get a temporary internet ban, when in real life they woulda likely got knocked the **** out-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Answer this Tony (or your buttbuddy Ricardo), why would the Steelers put a claim to a guy that was kicked to the curb? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Yeah obviously Thaddeus Gibson is a James Harrison clone. Are you ****ing retarded?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Yeah great post that has nothing to do with anything. Shitty moderator who brings no substance to the site.?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
. Maybe you should try disagreeing using football facts. I don't see pete around here parading around in your jackass demeanor.

__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,110
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,652 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 View Post
I will give you that..
Bu whatever we think I still believe its abuse of power if you or anyone would get temp or perma banned for stating your opion, even if people don't agree. That's why we are all here, to see what each other has to say and voice or opions.
maybe you wanna re-familiarize yourself with the COC and not misrepresent the situation going on and then you will be more equipped when you chime in.

-no repeated personal attacks
-no starting repeat or duplicate threads with the same content
-no flaming

they are very simple rules (that a mod must use their "power" to enforce) and for the most part everybody abides by them.

especially when given multiple opportunities to correct their behavior and being politely asked/warned/told to do so.

if someone were calling you (or any of our members) a retard, shitty, jackass, or buttbuddy, they woulda been dealt with immediately with a ban.

he's just lucky i have thick skin and could care less what he thinks of me.

my patience as mod is long. his leash is short. infact its like a noose he's about to hang himself with.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sylvester getting some work at OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
isn't that his right as an American though? it's not like he was posting porn or spamming from another site....being annoying is candidate for banning, or a temp vacation as you put it??...that dude is some bullshit....no one has a problem with this? i guess you can do what you want but if dude isn't happy about something he should have the right to air it out...you don't like it don't click on his thread...i don't know if i can be part of a board that just puts people on "vacation" because they don't like the person....that is soo wack....we should be able to express differing points of view or else this is just a homer board and no one truly has a "forum" to air out their feelings....This is a dangerous slope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 View Post
Yea it seems like an abuse of power to me but then again danrooney does start it. However we have rights as Americans and just because we are on the internet doesn't mean we can't say what we want. After all thats what it was created for as well as this forums..To talk to other fans and share their opions and all he was doing was stating (mind you over and over) that ward and other veterans are stunting or young players growth so to speak and that he believes that Worlids isn't showing much. Well i do agree with him at some points I disagree at others. Either way he was not doing anything wrong and this was the result of abuseing of power! Just my opion.
You two win a a great big giant face palm.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts