Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-31-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,071 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default 3 games you will never forget

NON STEELERS GAMES (unless youre a representative of another team)

warren moons oilers vs. steve debergs chiefs. 2nd most passing yards in a game of all time

warren moons oilers vs. frank reichs bills in the playoffs. greatest comeback ever

barry sanders lions vs. bo jacksons raiders on mnf. finest rushing game i think ive ever seen.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: 3 games you will never forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
NON STEELERS GAMES (unless youre a representative of another team)

warren moons oilers vs. steve debergs chiefs. 2nd most passing yards in a game of all time

warren moons oilers vs. frank reichs bills in the playoffs. greatest comeback ever

barry sanders lions vs. bo jacksons raiders on mnf. finest rushing game i think ive ever seen.
I would have to agree with the Frank Reich comeback game. That was a classic.

But Super Bowl XXXVIII Pats vs Panthers was another game for me. I thought it was a great game and very fun to watch.

My third game is in the 1996 playoffs when the Jaqs upset the Broncos in the playoffs and to advance to the AFC title game.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

OSU beats Miami for the National Championship...best, most intense football game I've ever seen.

Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson...you kids don't realize what a ****ing beast Tyson was back in the day. That may STILL be the greatest upset I've ever witnessed.

Browns-Steelers in old Muni stadium...I was young, but I was at the game where Jack Lambert got in a fight with the entire Browns sideline...this was probably circa 1978 or so...unless you were at the game, you didn't get to see it, since the camera's cut away to commercial. The funny thing is, Lambert did okay over there all by himself!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
OSU beats Miami for the National Championship...best, most intense football game I've ever seen.

Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson...you kids don't realize what a ****ing beast Tyson was back in the day. That may STILL be the greatest upset I've ever witnessed.

Browns-Steelers in old Muni stadium...I was young, but I was at the game where Jack Lambert got in a fight with the entire Browns sideline...this was probably circa 1978 or so...unless you were at the game, you didn't get to see it, since the camera's cut away to commercial. The funny thing is, Lambert did okay over there all by himself!
Tyson was a beast. Buster knocking out Iron Mike was one of the greatest upsets ever in sports. I remember that. I was 10 years old. I love watching Tyson's old fights on ESPN classic.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
tony hipchest

of course i am looking at alot of nationally broadcast games (ive seen alot of oilers and cowbboys games) but some that definitely stick out are derrick thomas getting 8 sacks, the cheifs and seattle in a foot of water on mnf, mannings colts beating the tb bucks in an incredible comeback on mnf, and v. testaverde coming back on the dolphins on mnf deserve honorable mention.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
tony hipchest

and if were talkin all sports i have to say reggie miller and the pacers defeating the knicks in the 95? playoffs. miller scores something like 8 points in the final 16 seconds to squeak out the win.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
of course i am looking at alot of nationally broadcast games (ive seen alot of oilers and cowbboys games) but some that definitely stick out are derrick thomas getting 8 sacks, the cheifs and seattle in a foot of water on mnf, mannings colts beating the tb bucks in an incredible comeback on mnf, and v. testaverde coming back on the dolphins on mnf deserve honorable mention.
Both of them comebacks you mentioned on monday football were great games. I remember the Colts game. But I fell asleep during the Jets comeback so I don't count that game for me since I missed alot of the game.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
and if were talkin all sports i have to say reggie miller and the pacers defeating the knicks in the 95? playoffs. miller scores something like 8 points in the final 16 seconds to squeak out the win.
If were talking all sports. Since I'm a Bulls fans. His Airness had so many moments in games that stick out for me. The shot against the Cavs. Jordans six threes in the finals against the Blazers when Jordan shrugs his shoulders. Of course Jordan's last shot in his Bull's career against the Jazz to win his sixth NBA championship. All of those games are up there.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #9
Santonio4
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2307

Theres a lot of games to choose from.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

I played in some pretty intense rock paper scissor contests back in my prime.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote