Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Young DB's vs Panthers

Thanks for the report guys. I didn't catch the game last night. Would be great if we could find another Ike Taylor out of these guys. I expect them to keep Cortez Allen. Tomlin, Lake, and Colbert really seemed high on his potential when talking about him when we drafted him.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I have said it on an earlier thread, Brown may just be able to make a move to Safety. Good ball instincts, likes to hit, you never know.
Why the hell would Curtis Brown move to safety? That's ridiculous. He was drafted to be a starting cornerback. I don't see why Will Allen or Ryan Mundy would be in jeopardy of losing their roster spots.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Who was it that laid the wood on the panthers 2nd or 3rd string RB? Knocked him out of the game I believe, was a clean hit too, which is nice to see.

I can't say I paid special attention to last nights game, but noticed a couple guys who stood out. Overall solid game by the CB backups
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
I have said it on an earlier thread, Brown may just be able to make a move to Safety. Good ball instincts, likes to hit, you never know.
a little undersized for safety imo. he has good speed for the cornerback position and is good at shadowing his man. why move to safety? the best corner-safety candidate would probably be keenan lewis but i doubt that would happen.

i wanted to see more of macho harris. i thought he could compete for a backup safety position, we need depth there. im not really sold on mundy yet

cortez allen has a lot of talent. he might prove to be starter material in a few years. curtis brown maybe next year, i really like this kid. i think butler was doing well also except the long pass he got beat on. he's a gambler who is a little too eager at jumping routes, he has to learn to be a little more patient at the NFL level
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #15
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

I'm kinda hoping Gay goes instead of one of the young guys. Brown, Warren, and Butler have all outplayed Gay in the preseason, imo.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
I'm kinda hoping Gay goes instead of one of the young guys. Brown, Warren, and Butler have all outplayed Gay in the preseason, imo.
my thoughts exactly
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Like I said, none of those guys are named Gay, so they can give up as many long bombs and whiff as many tackles as they like - against the Panthers no less - and not worry about catching any flak. Instead, let's start the Gay-bashing. It's weird. I don't even like the guy, but it's weird all the same.

Quote:
If we wanted to convert someone to safety we would have drafted his counterpart at Texas, Aaron Williams.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
Agreed. Gay gets burnt every week. We have players that give up big plays here and there but gay consistently does it. If we drop him I bet nobody pickeven as a backup. Well maybe arizona will
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #19
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Like I said, none of those guys are named Gay, so they can give up as many long bombs and whiff as many tackles as they like - against the Panthers no less - and not worry about catching any flak. Instead, let's start the Gay-bashing. It's weird. I don't even like the guy, but it's weird all the same.

Gay does that ALL the time though
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Why the hell would Curtis Brown move to safety? That's ridiculous. He was drafted to be a starting cornerback. I don't see why Will Allen or Ryan Mundy would be in jeopardy of losing their roster spots.
Settle down there buddy, it is an opinion, IMO Brown would make a good safety as well as good CB. I think the Steelers need to "cull" some vets, one of the backup safeties would be a good place to start along with Gay.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't give the right to be an ass. Way too much of that going on on these boards.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote