Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385
Default My observations from Chrlotte

1. Ben is a bonified team player and true leader. While lots of the starters were standing around and chatting, Ben was throwing drill balls to wide receivers and tight ends. He walked around tot he entire team, shaking hands, slapping fives and hugging to show his support. He did not miss a single player during his walk-around, even those who (he knows) won't be professional football players come Tuesday. During the entire game, he was engaged with the coaching staff, congratulating players and generally lending help in any way he could. He REALLY looked like he wanted to be in that game, several times I showed my wife how he was 2 or 3 yards onto the field during a play, almost like he was trying to influence the play in some way. That's the mark of a true team leader.

2. The Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte. How many cities do you know of that would be selling the opponents team colors on the streets? After the game and a few cool-down beers, We were walking in downtown and people were still high-fiveing us on the streets. In lots of cities, we would be in serious danger, even targets for shooting.

3. The Steelers were staying in our hotel and as some of them came down the steps, stopped to thank the fans. Mr. Rooney stopped and thanked us as fans.

4. Those that don't make the team will be missing out on a lifetime of being associated with this team. I feel bad for them.

5. The game was a blast, we sat behind the Steeler bench with a thousand or so of our best friends, even if we have never met.

6. The few Panther fans (and I consider myself a fan of the Panthers by location only. I hope they do well and meet the Steelers in the SB) still think that Cam Newton (The best college QB that money can buy) played very well against the Steelers starting line-up. I didn't have the heart to tell them that only a few starters were playing.

7. Troy has NO HAIR when he is not playing. He must roll and tuck it.

8. Did I mention that the Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte? They do, big time.

9. I hope I can get to another game this year. There is nothing in the world like seeing the Steelers play.

10. The Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte, in case you were wondering.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Brice Anthony
Water Boy

Member Number: 18366
Default Re: My observations from Chrlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD View Post
1. Ben is a bonified team player and true leader. While lots of the starters were standing around and chatting, Ben was throwing drill balls to wide receivers and tight ends. He walked around tot he entire team, shaking hands, slapping fives and hugging to show his support. He did not miss a single player during his walk-around, even those who (he knows) won't be professional football players come Tuesday. During the entire game, he was engaged with the coaching staff, congratulating players and generally lending help in any way he could. He REALLY looked like he wanted to be in that game, several times I showed my wife how he was 2 or 3 yards onto the field during a play, almost like he was trying to influence the play in some way. That's the mark of a true team leader.

2. The Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte. How many cities do you know of that would be selling the opponents team colors on the streets? After the game and a few cool-down beers, We were walking in downtown and people were still high-fiveing us on the streets. In lots of cities, we would be in serious danger, even targets for shooting.

3. The Steelers were staying in our hotel and as some of them came down the steps, stopped to thank the fans. Mr. Rooney stopped and thanked us as fans.

4. Those that don't make the team will be missing out on a lifetime of being associated with this team. I feel bad for them.

5. The game was a blast, we sat behind the Steeler bench with a thousand or so of our best friends, even if we have never met.

6. The few Panther fans (and I consider myself a fan of the Panthers by location only. I hope they do well and meet the Steelers in the SB) still think that Cam Newton (The best college QB that money can buy) played very well against the Steelers starting line-up. I didn't have the heart to tell them that only a few starters were playing.

7. Troy has NO HAIR when he is not playing. He must roll and tuck it.

8. Did I mention that the Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte? They do, big time.

9. I hope I can get to another game this year. There is nothing in the world like seeing the Steelers play.

10. The Steeler Nation OWNS Charlotte, in case you were wondering.

Agreed!

I was at the game also. I would say it was a 60/40 split with more Steeler fans than Carolina. lol.
Brice Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Thats to be expected in a NFL town with no history i guess
Old 09-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

You forgot to mention that the steelers own charlotte. just saying.