Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: Steelers headed for salary cap hell in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
In sanders and brown play well there is a very good chance Wallace will be gone. When his contract is up he's going to want to be paid as a top 3 or top 5 Wr and we wont do it if we don't have to. I don't see Wallace giving a hometown discount.
I agree, Colbert and co will make a fair offer that won't mortgage the future of the franchise. It would be nice too see him stay, but if he doesn't the Steelers will keep rolling along.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #12
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
veterans that could be release for salary caps reason are...

hampton
smith
foote
farrior
mcfadden
clark
battle
kiesel

i am not saying they will all be released, but they aren't all going to stay.
You forgot Gay. Please say Gay.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #13
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
Arizona Cardinals key 2012 additions:

Aaron Smith
James Farrior
Larry Foote
James Harrison
William Gay
Ryan Clark
Chris Kemoeato
& Bryant Mcfadden (no just kidding, they know all about him)
They can have Gay NOW and we'll throw in Mcfadden for free.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
Navy86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18326

I expect Farrior, and possibly Ward and A. Smith, to retire after this year. I think Hampton will either have to restructure or be cut. Foote is on the downhill and may not make it through another year. Harrison and Hoke I expect to be gone after this year as well.

I hate to say it, but Wallace may end up playing himself out of our ability to sign him. And to be honest, with Sanders, Brown, and Cotchery, we will not be hard pressed to overpay for Wallace. Sanders and Brown have #1 ability, especially by next year.

Polamalu is a must sign, IMO, and a much higher priority than Wallace. Anyway, I think we'll make it through ok to next year without completely losing our talent base. We've kept the core guys we need in Ben, Woodley, Ike, Miller, Timmons and Colon. Take care of Troy and we'll be ok.
Navy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

believe you me...They have a plan already for this.......sometime we as fans just need to trust that our FO knows what they are doing
Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
In sanders and brown play well there is a very good chance Wallace will be gone. When his contract is up he's going to want to be paid as a top 3 or top 5 Wr and we wont do it if we don't have to. I don't see Wallace giving a hometown discount.

Actually, I think some of Wallace's fate hinges on Keenan Lewis. If Lewis performs well this year and secures a future as a Steeler (I have a feeling he's going to become our #2 CB, especially now that Crezdon is gone), Wallace could take a discount to stay here (Wallace and Lewis have been best friends since childhood), but if Lewis is unimpressive he'll probably be let go and then Wallace loses that emotional tie to the team.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

I see Farrior, Smith, Harrison, Clark, McFadden, Battle and Kiesel gone next season. Outside chance BMac stays around if they decide to attempt a move to safety with him. Otherwise, I see him gone.

I see Foote sticking around to start in place of Farrior leaving.

Hampton stays because his position hasn't been addressed in the draft yet. I think we'll see the Steelers try to do that this coming offseason, but we'll need Hamp at least one more year to get a replacement ready unless they go the FA route.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

What about Mendenhall ? think the Steelers sign him to another contract in 2013? I know a little far off, this is why I want to see Dwyer to develope to be Mendy's replacement.

imo the Steelers are going with the 220-230lbs. RBs with adequate power up the middle and speed to the outside. there a lot of these RBs comming out of college. Steelers getting away from the fanchise RB takes up to much cap space.

Draft a 220-230 RB then two years later draft another one and run the dog crap out of one and replace with the other and so on and so on. find these RBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

just my opinon.
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Farrior's gone, so's Batch and Gay. Wallace is packing already. Battle and Smith probably, outside chance of Ward walking away. I don't see Harrison leaving unless his back really is finito. Hoke? Dunno. His return seems unlikely given his age.

New deals for Troy and Rashard fo' shizzle.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
The 2 biggest names aren't on this list. Ward and Harrison are both gone imo. The Steelers will politely ask Hines to call it a career after another declining season for the aging vet so they don't have to cut him and Harrison was gone next year anyway. If this back issue hampers him at all this season that just solidifies he's gone for sure. They will lock up Wallace provided another big season doesn't get him thinking he's a top 5 receiver and want paid like that. He's not by the way. He's a top 5 deep threat if not the best, but as an overall receiver he needs to sure up his route running and get open more often.
3 catches for 100 yards and a TD was his typical stat line last year. I'd like to see him average 7 catches a game. If he gets 7 catches, he will break 1 of them.
ward depends on if they can re-sign wallace. the steelers might let him play out his contract out of respect. harrison is all about his back. polamalu and harrison are the defense so if harrison's back is good to go then he stays. without harrison the steelers will not have a good pass rush.

hampton is basically just a fat guy being paid a huge salary, but hoke is old too so he might stay.
smith is injury prone and hood has shown he is capable.
foote is average on his best day.
farrior is getting older and more costly.
mcfadden is horrible.
clark's salary doesn't justify his ability.
battle's 1.3+ mil salary is dead money since he doesn't play.
kiesel is overpaid.

just my opinions, but i can't see all of them staying.

i agree with you on wallace. what i fear is wallace is going to think he is a top 5 WR.