Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #21
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Baltimore Sportswriter Talks Trash About Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
steelers are 8-0 in its last 8 opening games.

baltimorons dont even wanna mention that, let alone put it in print.

they also fail to acknowledge that their team would be crying to the NFL like little girls if they scheduled the season opener in pittsburgh.

yet they wanna talk about drama queens
Shhhhhhhh......You'll get bobbyjr hyped up again.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #22
ucsteve667
Water Boy

Member Number: 17768

They can cheap shot ben all they want, on and off the field. The record speaks for itself
ucsteve667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #23
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

I remember Ben playing through a broken nose that was actually broken in a certain game against a certain team...hmmm
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Very familiar with greater Baltimore area and I can tell you that without trying to generalize about Baltimore people as a whole - I know a lot of them that are pretty miserable people. They can trash talk Steelers/Pittsburgh as much as they want but a lot of them are pretty nasty/back stabbing people in general (I know from experience) I would be too if I had to be squeezed into a community of people that basically don't know each other - it is a transient community with no respect for their fellow neighbor - let alone for a group of people from a different area. It is no coincidence that Ravens lack their own identity - Baltimore is made up of people that are from other areas and therefore don't trust each other and envy those that have a sense of community

Bunch of worker bees - sorry if I generalized - very typical Bmore personality from this writer. Just imagine squeezing PA's population in 1/4 the size - that is Maryland, having zero privacy because you are packed into a place with people you dont know and paying 2-3 times as much for everything when wages haven't been raised in about 3-4 years

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I'll retract some of my statements - sorry - but for those of you who have grown up in Western PA/Pittsburgh - imagine trying to say hello to someone and them not saying hello back or looking at you like you had three heads because you tried to make small talk or get to know them.

Imagine growing up without knowing a good bit of the people in your town - no sense of community sorry Bmore - you might be larger or more "modern" but that can't buy class.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,499 Times in 3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
That's kind of strange coming from Mike Preston. He's usually super critical of his own team to the point of p!ssing off all of the Ratbird fans in Baltimore. He's usually public enemy #1 around there during football season.

I guess he's trying a different ass-kissing approach this year. Death threats maybe?
Who knows - but Preston definitely is upbeat on the 2011 Ravens

Ravens should be better this season

If as a fan, you're starting to feel good about the Ravens, you should....

After last season, including the playoff loss to Pittsburgh, I thought the Ravens had the best team in the NFL. The Steelers didn't beat them; the Ravens beat themselves

This season, they are a better team, at least on paper. If they can hold their own at the beginning of the season, they'll prove it at the end.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...6382238.column

Same old same old about the Ravens never getting beat by the Steelers but always beating themselves

What is new is Preston saying the Ravens were the best team in the NFL (as a wild card that beat the mighty Chiefs in the playoffs while New England went 14-2) last season

If the Ravens were the best team in the NFL last year and are going to be better this year i guess they are going to be comparable to the 85 Bears or 70s Steelers

What a homer
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #27
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Who knows - but Preston definitely is upbeat on the 2011 Ravens

Ravens should be better this season

If as a fan, you're starting to feel good about the Ravens, you should....

After last season, including the playoff loss to Pittsburgh, I thought the Ravens had the best team in the NFL. The Steelers didn't beat them; the Ravens beat themselves

This season, they are a better team, at least on paper. If they can hold their own at the beginning of the season, they'll prove it at the end.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...6382238.column

Same old same old about the Ravens never getting beat by the Steelers but always beating themselves

What is new is Preston saying the Ravens were the best team in the NFL (as a wild card that beat the mighty Chiefs in the playoffs while New England went 14-2) last season

If the Ravens were the best team in the NFL last year and are going to be better this year i guess they are going to be comparable to the 85 Bears or 70s Steelers

What a homer
Oh, the Ravens beat themselves alright.... just not in the way that Preston is implying.

A Ravens cult must have whisked him off to football concentration camp, pumped him full of the purple Kool-Aid, and forced him to watch whiny press conference after whiny press conference from John Harbaugh "A Clockwork Orange" style this offseason. It's the only explanation.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #28
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Exactly. Fact of the matter is, is that Roethlisberger gets the SHIT kicked out of him every week of every game and still trash's teams. There may be injuries we hear from Roethlisberger, but he comes in, starts, and beats teams with his foot broken and his nose yanked off his face.

When he shrugged off Suggs last year and got rid of the ball on 2nd and goal was the most amazing play I've ever seen.
You and Collingsworth both thought Ben heaving the ball out of bounds with two hands was such a great play. I didn't.

Suggs didn't have a full grasp on Ben and also Suggs was trying to knock the ball loose instead of just taking him down as he should have done.

I expect a similar play will happen again, Suggs will have Ben in his sights and this time the result will be different.

Now something else about Ben. Remember how Tiger Woods used to awe the competition into submission? If he had the lead on the last day of an Major, well it was all over. Until one Sunday, he blew a two shot lead and lost a Major. After that he didn't seem quite so invincible.

Same thing with Ben. Look he had the chance for another Steelers Super Bowl ring right in his hands. Two minutes to go, 6 points down against the Packers. If he had stepped up and driven the ball for a winning TD, he would have gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB's in history.

Instead we have the memory of him walking off of the field as the Packers celebrated, yelling at the referees that they had missed a pass interference, when the replays showed there was none. The whole season came down to those two minutes. And while Ben had succeeded before in bringing the trophy to Pittsburgh with a dramatic TD in the Super Bowl, he failed this time.

That failure by Ben when the championship was on the line, has got to affect him and his teammates emotionally coming into the season. And give the Ravens confidence.

And it has got to make other teams like the Ravens believe they can beat him, that if they have the lead that Ben will not pull some magic two minute drill out of the hat again. Because he didn't against the Packers.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

The ignorant jackass troll is back. Yay.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
You and Collingsworth both thought Ben heaving the ball out of bounds with two hands was such a great play. I didn't.

Suggs didn't have a full grasp on Ben and also Suggs was trying to knock the ball loose instead of just taking him down as he should have done.

I expect a similar play will happen again, Suggs will have Ben in his sights and this time the result will be different.

Now something else about Ben. Remember how Tiger Woods used to awe the competition into submission? If he had the lead on the last day of an Major, well it was all over. Until one Sunday, he blew a two shot lead and lost a Major. After that he didn't seem quite so invincible.

Same thing with Ben. Look he had the chance for another Steelers Super Bowl ring right in his hands. Two minutes to go, 6 points down against the Packers. If he had stepped up and driven the ball for a winning TD, he would have gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB's in history.

Instead we have the memory of him walking off of the field as the Packers celebrated, yelling at the referees that they had missed a pass interference, when the replays showed there was none. The whole season came down to those two minutes. And while Ben had succeeded before in bringing the trophy to Pittsburgh with a dramatic TD in the Super Bowl, he failed this time.

That failure by Ben when the championship was on the line, has got to affect him and his teammates emotionally coming into the season. And give the Ravens confidence.

And it has got to make other teams like the Ravens believe they can beat him, that if they have the lead that Ben will not pull some magic two minute drill out of the hat again. Because he didn't against the Packers.

Oh yea, I forgot how Manning and Brady - 2 QBs that also "failed" according to you in the SB - I forgot how they have sucked so badly since those losses. Defensive coordinators never game plan around those guys. Why in my fantasy league, both Brady and Manning went UNDRAFTED specificially because of what Bobby Jr pointed out - how other teams do not fear them anymore.

(such a loser argument from a loser fan following a loser team)
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote