Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #11
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386
Default Re: Williams has lackluster debut in CFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
You have more than one organization in the NFL?
Is English your second language? Really. Let me know. I'll use smaller words for you if it will help. We have a lot of Mexican and South American fans down at FH, so I'm used to it.

Quote:
We are talking about a team that took back Williams (while also making excuses for the guy) and signed Marcus Vick. Enough said.
Making excuses for the guy? It's pretty simple. Ricky has talent. Ricky is not a locker room cancer. He's a flake with bona fide mental problems who went off his meds and got into the ganja. Assuming he can stay right with the league on the drug testing, he's welcome on any team I root for.

Marcus is also talented and is on a very short lease. Why not take a shot on him? What does it hurt?

Quote:
As for idiotic statements from Saban. Well, every time he stuck up for Williams for starters. But I recall you have an understanding for a guy who fails a drug test on four or five occasions. That doesn't surprise me at all. What else? How about his comments about packing in the season and calling quits? I bet that made the small amount of fans that showed up in that stadium very happy. Remember that or do we forget that memorable quote?
I think the winning streak at the end of the year proved out that Saban's comment had the proper motivating effect on the players. As to the rest of this "proof", I am more than underwhelmed. We're talking about a coach who has a championship and a 9-7 season as a rookie NFL head coach on his recent resume. He doesn't have years upon years in the league like Cowher has, but he's doing just fine for himself.

Should I offer to analyze you now?
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Is English my second language? No. But when you make a statement such as this "Don't make me do an arrest count on our rookies since they joined our fine organizations." I was under the impression that you currently have more than one organization in the league.

Quick note and speaking of the English language..........I believe you meant to say that Marcus Vick is on a short leash.

I don't care what Saban meant by his statements, it's pissed off a lot of fans in Miami and it's understandable. No matter how bad things look, you don't make the statements Saban made. I can't imagine Cowher or Belichick making those statements. To each their own I guess?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-04-2006 at 03:21 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:29 AM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I see Ricky getting injured early in the season! Probably a fake injury, but a trip to the DL nonetheless
Old 06-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #14
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
But they had to wait, as veteran John Avery started at tailback. An ovation erupted midway through the first when Williams, who is wearing No. 27 with Toronto, was shown on the Jumbotron patiently waiting his turn.
I wonder if that is fromer Steelers runningback John Avery drafted out of Ole Miss back in the late 90's...
Old 06-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #15
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I wonder if that is fromer Steelers runningback John Avery drafted out of Ole Miss back in the late 90's...
When did he play for the Steelers?

He's the same John Avery out of Ole Miss the Dolphins drafted. I only see stats for him for 1998 (Miami), 1999 (Denver), and 2003 (Minnesota). I guess he went CFL after that.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Is English my second language? No. But when you make a statement such as this "Don't make me do an arrest count on our rookies since they joined our fine organizations." I was under the impression that you currently have more than one organization in the league.
Organization #1: Miami
Organization #2: Pittsburgh

You were included in "our".

Quote:
Quick note and speaking of the English language..........I believe you meant to say that Marcus Vick is on a short leash.
That's probably what I was going for, but I don't mind the way it worked out. Marcus is in Miami on what is essentially a short lease unless he acts right and earns his keep.

Quote:
I don't care what Saban meant by his statements, it's pissed off a lot of fans in Miami and it's understandable. No matter how bad things look, you don't make the statements Saban made. I can't imagine Cowher or Belichick making those statements. To each their own I guess?
It didn't really piss off many of the folks at FH as I recall. I'm sure we had a thread or three about it, but it was nothing like the fallout from say Ricky retiring.

To each their own sounds good to me, though.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James

He's the same John Avery out of Ole Miss the Dolphins drafted. I only see stats for him for 1998 (Miami), 1999 (Denver), and 2003 (Minnesota). I guess he went CFL after that.
I was wrong... no John Avery ever played for the Steelers. I think I got him confused with George Jones drafted by the Steelers in the late 90's. He had a short (three years) NFL career like Avery.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

BB2W, we had a Steve Avery out of N. Michigan in the mid-90's. Played FB. Might be who your thinking of?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
That's probably what I was going for
lol, okay.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #20
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Av...ootball_player)

Between Denver and Minny, he was the XFL and CFL. He has been injury proned and a bust in Toronto after the Vikings released him in 2003.

As for Ricky in his first game. It's pre season. It doesn't mean anything.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote