Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default View from Charm City: Ravens talk; Steelers make plays

View from Charm City: Ravens talk; Steelers make plays
Friday, September 09, 2011
By Mike Preston, Baltimore Sun

BALTIMORE -- Every year, Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis delivers his "Where would you rather be?" speech before one of the team's big games.

Before the Ravens open the 2011 season against the Steelers Sunday, Lewis should huddle with his teammates and ask them another question: "Where are the playmakers when we play the Steelers?"

In this rivalry of old, historic blue-collar cities, the Steelers have owned the Ravens lately because they make big plays late in games, especially their big-money players. The Ravens can talk about how close the games have been and how the two teams play a similar style, but the bottom line is that Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu and LaMarr Woodley have made plays in the final four minutes of games and the Ravens have not.

In the past two games, the Ravens have had leads late only to lose, the last time 31-24 in an AFC divisional playoff game after leading 21-7 at the half.

Those situations are both unforgettable and unforgivable.

"They spoiled our Super Bowl dreams for the last two out of three years," Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "We have to switch that, you know? It's sickening. It ends our season every year. "

That's the bottom line. We've heard all the justifications during the past three or four years. Mike Tomlin is a better coach than John Harbaugh. Joe Flacco was a rookie. The Ravens receivers can't get separation. Cam Cameron can't coach.

How about this: Somebody make a play.

In the NFL, a head coach's responsibility is to have his team in position to win in the last four minutes of every game. Then, players have to make plays. Against the Steelers, the Ravens haven't had many players consistently make plays.

Lewis doesn't make a play. Ed Reed doesn't make a play. Anquan Boldin couldn't catch the ball, and Ray Rice couldn't hold onto it. The only Raven to consistently beat down the Steelers is Pro Bowl outside linebacker Suggs. He is a Steelers killer.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts
Default Re: View from Charm City: Ravens talk; Steelers make plays

even their own fans know whats up
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218

LOVE IT!!
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13033

He's right about Suggs. We MUST give Jon Scott some help... or roll Ben right.
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Preston is entitled to his opinions but most Baltimore fans don't share it. Most fans I talk to here believe the Ravens will win on Sunday and if you look at the Ravens forum it's the same story. The Steelers winning a lot of close games has not convinced Baltimoreans that the Steelers are better or that they will continue to win.
I think the Ravens are due and I see a sweep of the series for Baltimore this year, be it two games or three.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
.... Baltimorons.....
fixed
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
Preston is entitled to his opinions but most Baltimore fans don't share it. Most fans I talk to here believe the Ravens will win on Sunday and if you look at the Ravens forum it's the same story. The Steelers winning a lot of close games has not convinced Baltimoreans that the Steelers are better or that they will continue to win.
I think the Ravens are due and I see a sweep of the series for Baltimore this year, be it two games or three.
Holy crap! You mean Ravens fans are predicting a win? On a Ravens forum???

Imagine that. What homers.

Everything else you said is a repeat of last year. You need new material.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13033

Quote:
So you're saying the Steelers winning a lot of close games has convinced Baltimore that the Ravens are better?

Really?

I'm convinced, I'm absolutely certain, that the Saints are better than the Packers, because they almost won last night... Same stupid logic.

The Ravens are "due"? Are we talking random, statistical odds, like flipping a coin? Sorry, even coin-flipping doesn't work that way. You must have attended Baltimore High.

Or... just as likely... you're just high.
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor View Post
So you're saying the Steelers winning a lot of close games has convinced Baltimore that the Ravens are better?

Really?

I'm convinced, I'm absolutely certain, that the Saints are better than the Packers, because they almost won last night... Same stupid logic.

The Ravens are "due"? Are we talking random, statistical odds, like flipping a coin? Sorry, even coin-flipping doesn't work that way. You must have attended Baltimore High.

Or... just as likely... you're just high.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #10
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
lol

fixed
A second grade teacher in Baltimore asked the kids to show there support for the team by wearing their favorite players jersey.
So the next day one boy showed up in a #43 Steeler jersey. When the teacher asked him why he was a Steeler fan when he is from Baltimore he said because both of his parents were Steeler fans.
So the teacher asked him: "if both of your parents were morons what would that make you?" His reply : A Ravens fan!!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote