Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001
Default Why isnt Redman Utilized in the Red Zone?

Many of my threads preach about how good Isaac Redman is, especially in the red zone. So, why os Tomlin so retarded not to put him in inside the 5 yd line. He obviously has more power than Mendenhall, and can punch it in when it is tight.

I just don't get Tomlin, and how h cant see how good Redman is. Especially when we need the tough yards.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Default Re: Why isnt Redman Utilized in the Red Zone?

Maybe he DOES see it. He just doesn't want every other team to see it in an unimportant pre-season game.
bornaSteelersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i wonder the same thing. everyone here seems to think mendy is the best rb but i dont see it. i would love to see redman get 200 touches this year
Old 08-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
Many of my threads preach about how good Isaac Redman is, especially in the red zone. So, why os Tomlin so retarded not to put him in inside the 5 yd line. He obviously has more power than Mendenhall, and can punch it in when it is tight.

I just don't get Tomlin, and how h cant see how good Redman is. Especially when we need the tough yards.
You're right Tomlin's retarded and should be fired before the season even starts!!!
There are a few things we are not doing in the preseason so as not to tip our hand but one of them is not calling our coach a retard!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

[QUOTE=solardave;938796]

You're right Tomlin's retarded and should be fired before the season even starts!!!
There are a few things we are not doing in the preseason so as not to tip our hand but one of them is not calling our coach a retard!![/QUOTe

How would playing Rwdman "tip our hand". Last year, when it was clear Redman was better in the red zone, Tomlin never put him in. It doesn't make any sense
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Tomlin and Arians aren't doing a lot of things that they should try. They are throwing so much that the backs and the line can't get into rhythm and when it comes to late in the season or playoffs we are going to need Redman in the red zone.

I also can't understand on the fourth and 1 last night at the 1 1/2 yard line, why they didn't go for it. You never know when you will need to convert one of those and better to practice that with your first team against a first team defense.Hell, every team we have played this offseason has went for it on fourth...to practice.

It seems like the bare minimum to me.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Mendenhall was a very good goal line runner last year. 13 rushing TDs in the regular season (only 2 of which were longer than 10 yards) and 4 more in the playoffs. I don't think it has so much to do with REdman but more to do with Mendenhall being so good down there taking him out wouldn't make sense.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
solardave
Assistant Coach

[QUOTE=3rdandlong;938805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solardave View Post

There are a few things we are not doing in the preseason so as not to tip our hand but one of them is not calling our coach a retard!![/QUOTe

How would playing Rwdman "tip our hand". Last year, when it was clear Redman was better in the red zone, Tomlin never put him in. It doesn't make any sense
You totally missed my point about calling the coach a retard because he doesn't think like you or coach like you think he should. He doesn't think like me either but that's because he knows more than me.

I believe we will see Redman punching the ball in this year. He's already played more in the preseason than he has in the past. could just be that Tomlin wants him fresh with no injuries. He has the inside angle. WE DON'T.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
solardave
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Mendenhall was a very good goal line runner last year. 13 rushing TDs in the regular season (only 2 of which were longer than 10 yards) and 4 more in the playoffs. I don't think it has so much to do with REdman but more to do with Mendenhall being so good down there taking him out wouldn't make sense.
Thank you. Yeah, what Mike said!!! Redman is a spot player. Look at Marion Barber. Tough runner beat all to hell and out of the game. Redman will play a pivotal role THIS YEAR. I'd bet on it.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
Wallace17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17793

Hate Mendenhall! Go Issac!
Wallace17 is offline   Reply With Quote